Sponsored by:

Ordered a car with a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2015, 02:24 AM
Chets LS3
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts

Default Ordered a car with a few questions

1st question; I get home from ordering the car and see the supplier pricing is going away!!! Classic Chevrolet in sugar land Texas told me I would get supplier. This leads into question 2.

2nd Q: it was not showing prices for the 2016s on his computer. He told me not to worry because supplier is supplier and we were both aware of the 15-16 price increase. But it's going away??? I'm assuming I will still get it.

3rd Q I have an order number. Other than the sticky in top of the thread. Is that the only way to track it. Obviously my paper shows 1100. So I assume that just means the dealer put in a request for this car.

ATTACHED: additional Q:Thanks, I was eligible through my CU and through my job. So I can contact HR and get my code when needed. guess I mis read that. thanks for the clarification.

how does the constraint system work? the percentages etc? The dealer I went to has plenty of allocations but how does that work with constraints?

Ordered a 2016;
2lt. Z51
Arctic white
Black/suede interior
Comp seats.
Mag ride
Black wheels
Red calipers
Pdr/nav
Clear roof

And museum delivery!

Last edited by Chets LS3; 07-04-2015 at 02:22 PM.
Old 07-04-2015, 04:41 AM
EvilBoffin
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

The GM Supplier Discount is NOT going away. Nobody ever said that...

The current Credit Union program is expiring mid-July, the one that tied CU members into Supplier Discount pricing. The replacement CU program apparently will instead provide a $750 discount on top of a negotiated price (Z06 does not apply).

Thread in this forum that explains the new CU program...
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1589968462

Actual Supplier Discount price is fixed (invoice + $200). So if you have an actual Supplier code/document from the GMSupplierDiscount.com website to present to the dealer, then you'll still qualify for that same deal.
Old 07-04-2015, 07:12 AM
sandcracker21
Pro

Received 514 Likes on 182 Posts

To answer question 3, Google Chevy chat. You can ask in real time what your status is. They are helpful but seem to be a day behind with info fyi.

Congrats and enjoy the torment of waiting
Old 07-04-2015, 09:08 AM
nmvettec7
Safety Car

Received 850 Likes on 493 Posts

Originally Posted by CrystalRacer
The GM Supplier Discount is NOT going away. Nobody ever said that...

The current Credit Union program is expiring mid-July, the one that tied CU members into Supplier Discount pricing. The replacement CU program apparently will instead provide a $750 discount on top of a negotiated price (Z06 does not apply).

Thread in this forum that explains the new CU program...
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1589968462

Actual Supplier Discount price is fixed (invoice + $200). So if you have an actual Supplier code/document from the GMSupplierDiscount.com website to present to the dealer, then you'll still qualify for that same deal.
Well stated and right to the point.
Old 07-04-2015, 02:21 PM
Chets LS3
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts

Thanks, I was eligible through my CU and through my job. So I can contact HR and get my code when needed. guess I mis read that. thanks for the clarification.

how does the constraint system work? the percentages etc? The dealer I went to has plenty of allocations but how does that work with constraints?

Get notified of new replies

To Ordered a car with a few questions

Quick Reply: Ordered a car with a few questions