Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wife took C7 to work

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 08:25 AM
11B250
Melting Slicks

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

The 3 cars my wife has owned while we've been together all have been damaged in some way. None of them were her fault even though they were mostly very minor (1 hit & run at parking lot while she was shopping, 1 backed into her as car was pulling out of parking spot, and other car was flooded in a flash flood). On top of that, I let her drive my Volt (my daily driver) while I was gone for army and it ended up getting a small paint chip like someone scuffed it on something. She just has horrible luck I guess.

Needless to say she doesn't (and can't drive) my C7. if it was an automatic, she would take it lol. Luckily I'm a smart man and got a stick so she can't take it for a drive at all LOL :lol
Old 08-02-2015, 08:59 AM
davidtcpa
Go Canes!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 329 Likes on 241 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

Originally Posted by sanantguy
I would never let any woman drive my car. Don't care what it is. Past history is every woman that has driven a car I have owned has damaged it in some way. Because sorry, the average woman can't drive to save her butt. Let alone a car that requires a bit more care (for things like ground clearance) like a vette.

Good luck with yours!

P.S. Guess what? Now you'll be expected to let her drive it whenever she wants. Good job.

Some women can out drive all of us.
Old 08-02-2015, 09:19 AM
John Ulrich
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 270 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by sl33p3r15
You must not be married.

While my wife does not drive the Vette much, she is free to do so whenever she wishes. After all, her name is on the title as well.

It's only a car....use it or sell it!
The following users liked this post:
V Vette (02-08-2019)
Old 08-02-2015, 09:56 AM
sanantguy
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

This thread got even more funny!

Know why I wouldn't let my woman drive my C7?

Just the other day it's sitting looking great in the garage, and she walks by it, brushing the corner with her purse. Doing no damage, but that's not the point. Like she had zero consciousness of her proximity to the car and the crap hanging from her arm.

Most women simply don't care for their car like men do. And they typically treat them as such.

I happen to care greatly for any car I own, and treat them accordingly.

The C7 is not a car that drives, or parks as easily as a hyundai. And as such needs a more experienced and careful driver than most cars do.

End result, she wants to drive, she can drive her own car.

But as I stated before, I wouldn't let (most) other men drive my car either. And definitely not without me in it.

GM can keep their free oil changes.
Old 08-02-2015, 10:50 AM
Mike Campbell
Le Mans Master

Received 1,067 Likes on 591 Posts

My wife won't drive my car and she only drove my C6 once...around the block to take her sister home. She always says she's too nervous and if she got a scratch on it she knows I'd flip. Well, I wouldn't like it, but, it is a car. However, as for women drivers. I know too many women that race Vettes to ever think they're not as good or better than men. I know this from experience.
Old 02-08-2019, 11:44 AM
koreanbeefcake
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts

my lady is a pretty decent driver, I would say overconfident in her abilities. We typically have good tires and I put on aftermarket bits to help with handling., so I think she feels invincible. Two things I wish she could do better:
1. go sideways over bumps. Tired of all our cars scraped up underneath.
2. rev match. She will dump the dang clutch to pass someone, and that's a expense i am not gonna spend my weekend replacing (or paying for)
Old 02-08-2019, 12:24 PM
TPAJETSKI
Racer

Received 93 Likes on 37 Posts

For the most part I don't care who drives my car. It's insured. I'm more interested as to why an office full of people are excited about their co-worker's husband's car. I see the OP is from Austin so it can't be a small town "I've never seen a new vette thing."
Old 02-08-2019, 12:32 PM
koreanbeefcake
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by TPAJETSKI
For the most part I don't care who drives my car. It's insured. I'm more interested as to why an office full of people are excited about their co-worker's husband's car. I see the OP is from Austin so it can't be a small town "I've never seen a new vette thing."
when I bought my c6 the office had a look around of it. Even though it was a previous model. Maybe I have always just worked in car friendly environments, but whenever someone gets a new car we typically take a bit to go check it out. My lady had her office looking at the vette when she first brought it in, took a few people for a ride with the top down and such and its not even a C7.

my co-worker bought a normal ford f150, my office all went and looked at it. I thought it was just what normal people do? lol.
Old 02-08-2019, 12:54 PM
Fogboundturtle
Racer

Received 149 Likes on 81 Posts

I would never let any woman drive my car. Don't care what it is. Past history is every woman that has driven a car I have owned has damaged it in some way. Because sorry, the average woman can't drive to save her butt. Let alone a car that requires a bit more care (for things like ground clearance) like a vette.

Good luck with yours!

P.S. Guess what? Now you'll be expected to let her drive it whenever she wants. Good job.
Hey. The Off-topic hating on woman conservative section of the forum is that way --->

You will fit right in.
Old 02-08-2019, 01:03 PM
Maxpowers
Le Mans Master

Received 2,727 Likes on 1,827 Posts

Revival of a three year old thread. There are a lot of great women drivers out there. I trust my wife's driving more than 99% of the dudes out there.
Old 02-08-2019, 01:05 PM
Labmannn
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

That's cool...and good for you and your wife! My wife can drive my C7 anytime she wants but she is very nervous driving it. She knows that I am very particular and place a lot of value on the car so she rarely drives it. I am particular where I park, how close I get to a curb, who I park next to, street conditions, weather conditions etc where most people on the road are not. I'd rather damage/wreck the car than her! My wife let my brother drive my 5-series one time and they went through a drive-thru and he scraped both left side wheels. I wasn't happy. My wife agreed to pay for the wheel repair. Lesson learned for both of us.

Last edited by Labmannn; 02-08-2019 at 01:06 PM.
Old 02-08-2019, 01:33 PM
jaylhman
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 7 Posts

My wife took our corvette to work one day because her coworkers wanted to see it. One resident Dr. in particular had been bragging about his new BMW " whatever". He said that thing was scarry fast and cornered like it was on rails. She gave him the key and said drive it, but she couldn't go along. When he returned he said something like " I've got nothing". I would love to see what convinced him of that.
Old 02-08-2019, 01:34 PM
Mobil 1
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 233 Likes on 131 Posts

I got my Corvettes for my wife. She is a great driver. The new GS is getting delivered is hers as well.

Last edited by Mobil 1; 02-08-2019 at 01:35 PM.
owc6 (02-08-2019)
Old 02-08-2019, 01:49 PM
TPAJETSKI
Racer

Received 93 Likes on 37 Posts

Ooops. I never look at the age of a thread. If its on the front page I assume it is recent. Maybe members should need permission from the mods to dredge up a post over a certain age?
Old 02-08-2019, 01:52 PM
xWS6guy
Instructor

Received 83 Likes on 43 Posts

Good luck with yours!

You're the kind of guy who wakes up with an axe in his forehead and no one says a word about it.
Old 02-08-2019, 01:54 PM
Zjoe6
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,937 Likes on 2,424 Posts

Originally Posted by rcooper
OK, I'll agree with you on this, It's just that I find comments like your original post crass. If it were me posting I might have said it's because women are prettier than most nerds.
Sorry Daffy Drunk, no malice intended.
And you’re a little crass calling the IT guy a nerd. Do you not like smart people? Does it hit a nerve? Not very good at math or science? Careful that nerd controls the entire network where your wife works. Why don’t you go call him a nerd at the next work gathering and see how quickly your wife’s computer problems get fixed.
speed4tu (02-08-2019)
Old 02-08-2019, 04:15 PM
jdsaengine
Melting Slicks

Received 173 Likes on 111 Posts

How does one even go about looking for a 4yr old thread to comment on in the first place?

Oh, well, my wife has a '17 M7 Stingray convertible. I don't drive it at all, only her. I just wash it. Her 3rd vette, has not wrecked or scratched any yet. She did however run over a curb with MY car.

Last edited by jdsaengine; 02-08-2019 at 04:15 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Wife took C7 to work

Old 02-08-2019, 05:20 PM
westworld
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 10 Posts

My wife's driving scares the hell out of me. She is from Russia so if you have seen any of those u-tube videos of crazy drivers in Russia you know what I mean. Anyway I bought her a Mercedes and she hasn't even expressed any interest in even going for a short drive in my new C7.
Old 02-08-2019, 05:58 PM
Vette Ski
Melting Slicks

Received 1,075 Likes on 694 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCalC7
This. End of discussion.
My younger sister bought her '17 'vette stingray before I bought my '19 G.S. And she has more tickets than I do !
Rich K ( Vette Ski )
Old 02-09-2019, 09:14 AM
Mayor111
Melting Slicks

Received 1,953 Likes on 940 Posts

There is one simple fix to having your lady stay out of YOUR Vette...get her one of her own... I've tested this "theory"...trust me, it works!! This was a 50th Birthday present for the love of my life!!

owc6 (02-09-2019)

Quick Reply: Wife took C7 to work