Sponsored by:

Driving school tire pressures

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2015, 11:35 AM
Newman Boy
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Driving school tire pressures

Before I went to a high performance driving school at Putnam Park last month I checked for recommended tire pressures on the forum. 26 psi cold was the recommendation. I had never had my tire pressures go down for the track (30 psi is the recommendation for daily driving) but did it anyway. My left front outer edge got fairly worn. With my CTS-V Coupe I inflated the tires to 37 psi cold.

I didn’t heed my own advice by checking the owners manual. My middle daughter has a newer vehicle and with every question she has of me I asked her what the owners manual said. She didn’t look.

I decided to check the owners manual. For operation above 100 mph the recommendation is 38 psi!

Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks.

Enjoy your weekend,

Jim
Old 07-11-2015, 12:06 PM
Toxic Z
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Newman Boy
Before I went to a high performance driving school at Putnam Park last month I checked for recommended tire pressures on the forum. 26 psi cold was the recommendation. I had never had my tire pressures go down for the track (30 psi is the recommendation for daily driving) but did it anyway. My left front outer edge got fairly worn. With my CTS-V Coupe I inflated the tires to 37 psi cold.

I didn’t heed my own advice by checking the owners manual. My middle daughter has a newer vehicle and with every question she has of me I asked her what the owners manual said. She didn’t look.

I decided to check the owners manual. For operation above 100 mph the recommendation is 38 psi!

Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks.

Enjoy your weekend,

Jim
26 psi cold is what they use at Spring Mountain. When the tires are hot they run at about 36 psi or so.
Old 07-11-2015, 01:03 PM
Newman Boy
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wasn't there is a song called "Dazed and Confused?" That's me.

Frankly, I probably don't run hard enough to get the pressures up that high beginning at 26 psi.

Thanks.

Jim

Get notified of new replies

To Driving school tire pressures

Quick Reply: Driving school tire pressures