LG cooling kits for engine and paddle shift C7's

Old 07-12-2015, 12:14 PM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Default LG cooling kits for engine and paddle shift C7's

Hi Folks

If you are tired of the car going into reduced power because of overheating the transmission or getting worried about the Engine temps, we have our LG Super Cool packages for both.

We have developed or LG Super Cool Engine Radiator for all C7 Corvettes.

In stock and available.

**In addition, for the Paddle shift cars, we have a track tested Transmission cooling solution for the cars.

Larger Radiator for the rear fender location with a direct bolt in. Plus our own C7 Transmission oil pan that holds a full gallon more fluid without losing any ground clearance.

For the hard core track racer, we also have a kit to add a second cooler in line to add additional cooling for the hard core.

Anthony is posting up our photos on Monday, but you can call LGM and get what you need

thanks

Lou Gigliotti

LG Motorsports
972-429-1963

Last edited by LG Motorsports; 07-12-2015 at 12:16 PM.
Old 07-12-2015, 12:38 PM
axr6
Pro

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by LG Motorsports
Hi Folks

If you are tired of the car going into reduced power because of overheating the transmission or getting worried about the Engine temps, we have our LG Super Cool packages for both.

We have developed or LG Super Cool Engine Radiator for all C7 Corvettes.

In stock and available.

**In addition, for the Paddle shift cars, we have a track tested Transmission cooling solution for the cars.

Larger Radiator for the rear fender location with a direct bolt in. Plus our own C7 Transmission oil pan that holds a full gallon more fluid without losing any ground clearance.

For the hard core track racer, we also have a kit to add a second cooler in line to add additional cooling for the hard core.

Anthony is posting up our photos on Monday, but you can call LGM and get what you need

thanks

Lou Gigliotti

LG Motorsports
972-429-1963
Appears to me that the main engine cooling issue is insufficient engine-oil cooling. My engine oil skyrockets to 290 F in a matter of a very few minutes even though the coolant is still around 230 F. That indicates to me that it is the oil in the heat exchager that ends up heating up the radiator coolant under sustained hard runs.

Does your new radiator addresses any of the oil cooling issues directly?
Old 07-12-2015, 12:41 PM
LG Motorsports

Originally Posted by axr6
Appears to me that the main engine cooling issue is insufficient engine-oil cooling. My engine oil skyrockets to 290 F in a matter of a very few minutes even though the coolant is still around 230 F. That indicates to me that it is the oil in the heat exchager that ends up heating up the radiator coolant under sustained hard runs.

Does your new radiator addresses any of the oil cooling issues directly?
230 degrees is too high and had a huge adverse effect on the oil temp

We like to stay around 200 on the race track for best power and protection.

LG
Old 07-12-2015, 01:14 PM
axr6
Pro

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by LG Motorsports
230 degrees is too high and had a huge adverse effect on the oil temp

We like to stay around 200 on the race track for best power and protection.

LG
I agree with you that 230 is too high. The question is what kind of coolant AND engine-oil temps can we expect from your upgrades, say at 90F ambient temps, under either track use or high rpm, low gear canyon runs?

I don't track my C7 but, my temps go to 290/230 in a matter of a few minutes under 2nd/3rd gear, high rpm road driving even at 77 F. If I can get those temps down to say 200-220 coolant and 240-250 oil, I'd be sold.
Old 07-12-2015, 02:21 PM
LG Motorsports

Originally Posted by axr6
I agree with you that 230 is too high. The question is what kind of coolant AND engine-oil temps can we expect from your upgrades, say at 90F ambient temps, under either track use or high rpm, low gear canyon runs?

I don't track my C7 but, my temps go to 290/230 in a matter of a few minutes under 2nd/3rd gear, high rpm road driving even at 77 F. If I can get those temps down to say 200-220 coolant and 240-250 oil, I'd be sold.
We have tested the C7 Stingray on track and they meet your numbers. We are planning to take the C7 Z06 to the track soon to do some laps to see where the Z06 comes out.

We will keep you posted

Thanks

Lou Gigliotti

Get notified of new replies

To LG cooling kits for engine and paddle shift C7's

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LG cooling kits for engine and paddle shift C7's