Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4,000 miles and a loud tick

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 11:43 AM
JacksAO
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

They're stalling hoping that you'll just give up. That way it's a win-win for them. Save them the cost of legal expense's and the cost of a buy back and two it's cheaper for them to just string you along.
The only thing I can say is fight them cause they (GM) truly doesn't give a hoot about the customer.
Old 09-02-2015, 12:09 PM
bob guzzy
Safety Car

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Hang in there they owe you, don't stop until you are pleased with the car.
Old 09-02-2015, 12:42 PM
AKKutz
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts

Kinda makes me consider not ordering a vette!
Old 09-02-2015, 01:00 PM
srobert910
Burning Brakes

Received 1,138 Likes on 466 Posts

Default 4,000 miles and a loud tick

Originally Posted by AKKutz
Kinda makes me consider not ordering a vette!
If my car was in perfect condition, I would love it. They really are great cars, but I happen to have a lemon and GM is playing games with me. Sadly, after this experience, I don't think I'll buy another GM product. They still have the opportunity to keep me as a customer, but from my experience so far, I'm thinking I'll have to find another "dream" car.
Old 09-02-2015, 01:05 PM
Black&White
Drifting

Received 140 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by srobert910
If my car was in perfect condition, I would love it. They really are great cars, but I happen to have a lemon and GM is playing games with me. Sadly, after this experience, I don't think I'll buy another GM product. They still have the opportunity to keep me as a customer, but from my experience so far, I'm thinking I'll have to find another "dream" car.
You have to stay on them and press hard. Don't be an *** just hold your ground and be firm. Have you owned another Corvette before?
Old 09-02-2015, 01:06 PM
srobert910
Burning Brakes

Received 1,138 Likes on 466 Posts

Default 4,000 miles and a loud tick

Originally Posted by JacksAO
They're stalling hoping that you'll just give up. That way it's a win-win for them. Save them the cost of legal expense's and the cost of a buy back and two it's cheaper for them to just string you along.
The only thing I can say is fight them cause they (GM) truly doesn't give a hoot about the customer.
Originally Posted by bob guzzy
Hang in there they owe you, don't stop until you are pleased with the car.
Thanks guys for the advice, I'm not giving up on this.
Old 09-02-2015, 01:15 PM
Black&White
Drifting

Received 140 Likes on 96 Posts

Thanks for the advice, I'm standing my ground now and staying focused.

I have owned a 07' and a 08' z06.
So the first thing you need to do is make sure they know you are a loyal customer. Then you tell them this car is not operating to your expectations in regards to your prior Corvettes. Tell them your other cars never made rod knocking noises and you don't expect this one to either. Tell them you purchased this car on the merits of your other Corvettes quality and this one is not meeting that level. Tell them you refuse to drive it now because of the sound and the fear of the car leaving you stranded somewhere. This is a good place to start with them. Im trying to find the letter I wrote them on my last Buy Back.
Old 09-02-2015, 06:50 PM
JimNeedsC7
Racer

Received 119 Likes on 64 Posts

Don't give up - that is what they want you to do. You are doing all of the right things and they are just trying to wear you down and get out of fixing your car properly.

If your Vette is fine they are truly wonderful cars but if not I do not believe that GM really cares about you or how you feel one way or the other. Just a chance that you have to take I guess to own such a great car at a very reasonable price.

Good luck and keep us all posted on how this mess goes.
Old 09-02-2015, 07:16 PM
Seannyc
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 55 Posts

I've mentioned all of those things to them. They do not care at all. All I hear is "sorry" or "I understand". I get promises of phone calls and no call backs.

I actually did have a huge problem with my 08 z06 and it took 7 weeks to rebuild the engine under warranty ( it was outside the lemon law period ) after it was rebuilt, the car ran great, unlike this one after the engine was replaced.
I'm surprised your goin through this I replaced my engine last month and car runs fine now 600milles on it u should just drive it if they say the engine if okay keep driving till it breaks and u warned them befor and if it needs another engine let them replace it

Quick Reply: 4,000 miles and a loud tick