C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Price Protected Supplier Pricing - How To Determine?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 04:12 AM
hawkeyefan
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Price Protected Supplier Pricing - How To Determine?

When I placed my order with my dealer, pricing was not yet available. Once pricing was finally available, they forgot to mock-up my order on the workbench to provide me the supplier price that I would be expected to pay.

Now, when they attempt to build my car in the workbench, it shows the updated supplier pricing. So, my dealer can't find a way to provide me with the supplier price my order is tied to (price protected). I would expect that somehow there is a way to find this price as GM needs to reimburse the dealership for the difference between my supplier price and the updated supplier price. I have a TPW of 08/17 as well.

Does anyone know how to find what my supplier price should be before the car is actually invoiced?
Old 07-30-2015, 09:28 AM
16LBCOUPE
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The original price sheet was posted a while back on here. Search 2016 pricing.
Old 07-30-2015, 09:32 AM
bigpete105
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Do you have a copy of the GM Workbench Order? When I ordered mine all 3 prices were listed on it.
Old 07-30-2015, 02:49 PM
hawkeyefan
Instructor

Originally Posted by 16LBCOUPE
The original price sheet was posted a while back on here. Search 2016 pricing.
The only one I saw only had MSRP prices, not supplier prices. I will look again.
Old 07-30-2015, 02:52 PM
hawkeyefan
Instructor

Originally Posted by bigpete105
Do you have a copy of the GM Workbench Order? When I ordered mine all 3 prices were listed on it.
My workbench order was before their was prices so no data on that one. The recent one they did as a copy of my order only shows the current (new) supplier price in total for the whole order (not for each option). Which three prices are you referring to?
Old 07-30-2015, 04:41 PM
rmorin1249
Le Mans Master

Received 1,738 Likes on 1,174 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16,'18

I have not seen any official Supplier/CU/Military pricing on the 2016s. From previous threads it sounds like it has been reduced to around 7%, down from 9% for 2015. Dave@Kerbeck can probably confirm.

I just checked and Supplier pricing is still not up for the 2016 Corvette on this website: https://www.gmsupplierdiscount.com/i...site=sup-build
Old 07-30-2015, 10:52 PM
hawkeyefan
Instructor

Originally Posted by rmorin1249
I have not seen any official Supplier/CU/Military pricing on the 2016s. From previous threads it sounds like it has been reduced to around 7%, down from 9% for 2015. Dave@Kerbeck can probably confirm.

I just checked and Supplier pricing is still not up for the 2016 Corvette on this website: https://www.gmsupplierdiscount.com/i...site=sup-build
Yes you are correct. That site as well as the GM build a car site won't be up and running for a while for the 2016's based upon past experience and other threads on the subject. The site you showed will not show the protection price, it will most likely show the new supplier prices as the old prices are no longer being shown in the dealers workbench.
Old 07-30-2015, 11:14 PM
Bradysdad
Racer

Received 82 Likes on 50 Posts

I just went through this last week. My dealer ordered my 16 prior to pricing availability. But it was on June 9th, prior to the 7/17 change. When pricing became available, he built my car and printed the build sheet which listed MSRP, Supplier, Employee and Invoice. He filed that away.

A few weeks later when my car was built and he transferred it into his inventory, the pricing reflected a $1,500 decrease in supplier discount. Since he had the original build sheet with initial 16 pricing, he got onto GM chat and was told that the dealership would be protected on the initial pricing as the order was placed before the 7/17 change.

I got my additional $1500 supplier discount and he got reimbursed by GM. Hope this helps.
Old 07-30-2015, 11:26 PM
16LBCOUPE
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From what was told today, if your workbench sheet says "retail-sold" and your order was placed before 7/17, you should be covered. If it says "retail-stock", its not protected.
Old 07-31-2015, 03:01 AM
hawkeyefan
Instructor

Originally Posted by Bradysdad
I just went through this last week. My dealer ordered my 16 prior to pricing availability. But it was on June 9th, prior to the 7/17 change. When pricing became available, he built my car and printed the build sheet which listed MSRP, Supplier, Employee and Invoice. He filed that away.

A few weeks later when my car was built and he transferred it into his inventory, the pricing reflected a $1,500 decrease in supplier discount. Since he had the original build sheet with initial 16 pricing, he got onto GM chat and was told that the dealership would be protected on the initial pricing as the order was placed before the 7/17 change.

I got my additional $1500 supplier discount and he got reimbursed by GM. Hope this helps.
That is my issue. My dealer did not print out a build sheet prior to the price increase so my dealer has nothing to compare to. So, I don't have any idea of what my supplier price should be at this time.

So, that is the purpose of my thread. How do I find out what the initial pricing is for my order? All build sheets now reflect the new supplier prices, not the 2016 initial prices.

Maybe one of the forum dealers can chime in?
Old 07-31-2015, 09:41 PM
Garyrw1
Instructor

Check autobytel looks like they have old invoice pricing before the increase. I think supplier is invoice plus $200.
Old 07-31-2015, 09:45 PM
Cruncher
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by hawkeyefan
When I placed my order with my dealer, pricing was not yet available. Once pricing was finally available, they forgot to mock-up my order on the workbench to provide me the supplier price that I would be expected to pay.

Now, when they attempt to build my car in the workbench, it shows the updated supplier pricing. So, my dealer can't find a way to provide me with the supplier price my order is tied to (price protected). I would expect that somehow there is a way to find this price as GM needs to reimburse the dealership for the difference between my supplier price and the updated supplier price. I have a TPW of 08/17 as well.

Does anyone know how to find what my supplier price should be before the car is actually invoiced?
What the heck is a "workbench"?
Old 07-31-2015, 11:50 PM
hawkeyefan
Instructor

Originally Posted by Cruncher
What the heck is a "workbench"?
It is the dealer system they use to place orders or to mock-up orders for customers trying to determine the cost if a car with certain options.

Get notified of new replies

To Price Protected Supplier Pricing - How To Determine?

Quick Reply: Price Protected Supplier Pricing - How To Determine?