GPS and Screen shuts down until restart

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 11:40 AM
NickHall
Madison Wisconsin
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

Default GPS and Screen shuts down until restart

I am not sure where to post this issue. If you have help or advice, please let me know.

The media screen in my C7 will flicker and shut down and not turn back on until I stop the car, turn it off, let it sit for a minute or more and then restart and reboot. Then it is fine for a day or two or three but then I am driving along and boom, it flickers for 3 or 4 seconds and shuts down again.

Any ideas on what to do. I have not taken it to the dealer yet. I called and they said to come by sometimes when it is out. But this is an issue as I never know when it is going out and I have yet to be near the dealer when it did.

Any ideas. For example, is there a plug I can clean with electronic switch or connection cleaner... etc?

Nick
Old 07-31-2015, 10:21 AM
DAFFYDRUNK
Melting Slicks

Received 289 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by NickHall
I am not sure where to post this issue. If you have help or advice, please let me know.

The media screen in my C7 will flicker and shut down and not turn back on until I stop the car, turn it off, let it sit for a minute or more and then restart and reboot. Then it is fine for a day or two or three but then I am driving along and boom, it flickers for 3 or 4 seconds and shuts down again.

Any ideas on what to do. I have not taken it to the dealer yet. I called and they said to come by sometimes when it is out. But this is an issue as I never know when it is going out and I have yet to be near the dealer when it did.

Any ideas. For example, is there a plug I can clean with electronic switch or connection cleaner... etc?

Nick
You could try playing with the connectors on the HMI. It's a black box about 7" wide mounted flush to the wall near the hood release. You have to really stick your head in there to see it but, there's 7 connectors on it.

Connectors you will see left to right: small blue antenna connector, large gray, small blue, small green, small black and finally large black.

I would completely unplug them one at a time and plug em back in making sure they're tight. Might be a good idea to pull the negative on the battery prior to doing so, but you'll have to re index the windows if you do.

No sure if it will help but it's an easy thing to try.
Old 07-31-2015, 11:02 AM
tunaman
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 110 Likes on 78 Posts

There have been several posts about this, going back to the '14 MY. It happened once in the wife's '14 on our trip back from the Museum, and hasn't happened since.

I seem to recall some who had it happen more often ended up getting their screens replaced? I'm sure some of them will chime in here.

Good luck.
Old 08-09-2015, 10:16 PM
NickHall
Madison Wisconsin
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

Default cool, will do.

Originally Posted by DAFFYDRUNK
You could try playing with the connectors on the HMI. It's a black box about 7" wide mounted flush to the wall near the hood release. You have to really stick your head in there to see it but, there's 7 connectors on it.

Connectors you will see left to right: small blue antenna connector, large gray, small blue, small green, small black and finally large black.

I would completely unplug them one at a time and plug em back in making sure they're tight. Might be a good idea to pull the negative on the battery prior to doing so, but you'll have to re index the windows if you do.

No sure if it will help but it's an easy thing to try.
I will give it a try.
thanks

Get notified of new replies

To GPS and Screen shuts down until restart

Quick Reply: GPS and Screen shuts down until restart