C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is the cost of courtesy delivery from SC dealer to North FL?

Old 08-01-2015, 06:36 PM
2HD's2vettes
Burning Brakes

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Default What is the cost of courtesy delivery from SC dealer to North FL?

Thinking about going up with the wife and I and a little road trip back with a stop in Savannah. The good news is the one way tickets are about 60 bucks ea. from Sanford/Orlando to Greenville which is minutes from the dealer. Getting a friend to take us to Sanford is no issue.

Then I am thinking our little dealer in town that has openly said they have basically no allocation and it would ne best to buy elsewhere, then I thought is it really worth it time wise, flying, etc. when the car could be dropped of at the local dealer 10 min. away. Thoughts and cost of courtesy delivery? The drive is about 460 miles.
Old 08-01-2015, 08:59 PM
LIE2ME
Le Mans Master

Received 4,557 Likes on 1,639 Posts

Take the drive! No better way to break in the new 'Vette...
Old 08-01-2015, 10:05 PM
alamo1974
Drifting

Received 82 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by 2HD's2vettes
Thinking about going up with the wife and I and a little road trip back with a stop in Savannah. The good news is the one way tickets are about 60 bucks ea. from Sanford/Orlando to Greenville which is minutes from the dealer. Getting a friend to take us to Sanford is no issue.

Then I am thinking our little dealer in town that has openly said they have basically no allocation and it would ne best to buy elsewhere, then I thought is it really worth it time wise, flying, etc. when the car could be dropped of at the local dealer 10 min. away. Thoughts and cost of courtesy delivery? The drive is about 460 miles.
NH to Texas $450.00
Old 08-01-2015, 10:13 PM
r75vet
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default What is the cost of courtesy delivery from SC dealer to n. Fl.?

NH to OR $350. Completely up to the receiving dealer I think.
Old 08-01-2015, 10:19 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,188 Likes on 13,911 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Depends on the dealer. Check with the one you want to use and see what they say.
Old 08-01-2015, 10:20 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

If you're talking about buying a car in-stock in SC, then there is no "courtesy delivery". It would just be an independent transport typically at about $1.00/mile for enclosed.

If you're talking about ordering from the SC dealer and having it factory delivered to Fla. then it's up to your local Fla. dealer, typically about $250 - $500 for the real "Courtesy Delivery".
Old 08-01-2015, 10:21 PM
bikerbob1234
Navigator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NH to Orlando $495
Old 08-02-2015, 12:53 AM
addybuddy
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

MD to IL $500. had an offer for $250 at another dealership too but no corvette experience, so decide to go with $500 dealership.
Old 08-02-2015, 02:58 AM
Disavowed
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RicK T
If you're talking about buying a car in-stock in SC, then there is no "courtesy delivery". It would just be an independent transport typically at about $1.00/mile for enclosed.

If you're talking about ordering from the SC dealer and having it factory delivered to Fla. then it's up to your local Fla. dealer, typically about $250 - $500 for the real "Courtesy Delivery".
This!

It's irrelevant as to where it's delivered to. It's coming from the factory to the dealer you want it delivered to instead of the dealer you bought it from. The price is up to the dealer that takes the courtesy delivery for you.

Heads up! If anyone is taking a courtesy delivery on the west coast be aware that the car travels by train and it usually takes 4-6 weeks for it to get out west by train. Mine was 6 weeks to get to Phoenix AZ. and the dealer charged me $500 for delivery. When it got to Phoenix the paint had a chip in it from the train ride and that cost me even more time.

If I had it to do over I'd have had it delivered to the dealer I bought it from and then had it shipped privately in an enclosed truck. It probably would have been $1000 more but way less time to get to my house (probably 7-10 days) and way less headache with the chip in the paint. That was a 3 hour trip back to Phoenix and a 3 day repair then a 3 hour drive back home.
Old 08-02-2015, 07:41 AM
Redagain
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Why would you do that?

[QUOTE=2HD's2vettes;1590179862]Thinking about going up with the wife and I and a little road trip back with a stop in Savannah. The good news is the one way tickets are about 60 bucks ea. from Sanford/Orlando to Greenville which is minutes from the dealer. Getting a friend to take us to Sanford is no issue.

If you live in the Orlando area you should go west on I4 to Stingray Chevrolet. They are one of the nations largest corvette dealers and the largest in Florida. See Sean McCann and tell him that Bernard sent you. Sean is a dedicated Corvette sales manager who loves Corvette and Corvette people. You'll love the deal!
Old 08-02-2015, 10:20 PM
m3incorp
Burning Brakes

Received 211 Likes on 157 Posts

I'm guessing your hometown little dealer does NOT have an experienced Corvette mechanic. I wouldn't think twice about about going that short distance to pick up the car. Besides you will almost make it to the 500 mile break-in by driving it home.
Old 08-03-2015, 07:27 AM
GOLD72
Race Director

Received 1,101 Likes on 715 Posts

Originally Posted by RicK T

BINGO. The term "courtesy delivery" does not apply to vehicles already in stock at a dealership.
Old 08-03-2015, 01:30 PM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,600 Likes on 6,614 Posts

Originally Posted by Disavowed

It's irrelevant as to where it's delivered to. It's coming from the factory to the dealer you want it delivered to instead of the dealer you bought it from. The price is up to the dealer that takes the courtesy delivery for you.
don't understand folks quoting prices for distances! As you note Courtesy Deliver is a "courtesy" of the receiving dealer. Ordering dealer never sees the car! GM delivers to the receiving dealer IF they will accept it! In my SC town where I bought 2 Vettes prior they would NOT accept getting my '08 Vette as a courtesy deliver, even when I offered to pay $500! So I flew to NJ and drove it home!
The receiving dealer charges you whatever you're willing to pay for the little they do and the pain you may give them for minor issues when you see it for the first time! GM price for delivery is fixed beit to a dealer in Bowling Green or California!
Agree with the posters comment about a small dealer may not have a C7 trained mechanic. I'd find a dealer in FL that sells enough Vettes to pay the training fee, buys the required C7 special tools and has one of their best mechanics leave for a week or so for training!

Last edited by JerryU; 08-03-2015 at 01:35 PM.
Old 08-03-2015, 01:46 PM
jwt1603
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 194 Likes on 130 Posts

I'm just a little north of you in Jacksonville. I bought mine at Jon Hall in Daytona. Easy drive for you, they know what they're doing and they usually have a large selection or will order it for you. My salesperson was Brandon and he was great. Lot closer than Savannah and close enough to go there for service.

Just my two cents of course.

Get notified of new replies

To What is the cost of courtesy delivery from SC dealer to North FL?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What is the cost of courtesy delivery from SC dealer to North FL?