Sponsored by:

OnStar app not working for two months

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2015, 01:02 PM
c6miller
Drifting

Received 167 Likes on 117 Posts

Default OnStar app not working for two months

The Onstar app on my iPhone is not receiving the signal from the vehicle like it use to. So the odometer, oil life, tire pressure display old information. There use to be something on the app screen you could tap to update the car's status, but that is gone. I called Onstar six times and they can't fix the issue and they don't even call me back as they said they would. I just called Chevrolet to have them handle it. Anyone else have this problem.
Old 08-05-2015, 01:25 PM
kenownr
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 437 Likes on 316 Posts

Originally Posted by c6miller
The Onstar app on my iPhone is not receiving the signal from the vehicle like it use to. So the odometer, oil life, tire pressure display old information. There use to be something on the app screen you could tap to update the car's status, but that is gone. I called Onstar six times and they can't fix the issue and they don't even call me back as they said they would. I just called Chevrolet to have them handle it. Anyone else have this problem.
Yes I had the same thing. App worked good for a couple months then quit working. I called On-star and they said it was an equipment problem with my car. Before I took it to dealer I deleted my app off the iPhone and reloaded it. It's worked fine ever since -- give that a try.
Old 08-05-2015, 01:27 PM
c7joe
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by c6miller
I don't use it but did have it on my Iphone.

I got this email from OnStar. I don't know if it will solve your problem.

Thank you for being a loyal OnStar®1 customer. We're happy to have you as part of the OnStar family and appreciate the confidence you have in us.
We are writing to inform you that we have recently made a security update to your OnStar RemoteLink®2 mobile app. As a result, the current version of the app you have on your Apple device will no longer be functional and you will need to update to the most recent version.
Click here to download the Remote Link app.
http://www.movable-ink-3621.com/p/rp...4fdfe0a4c1/url

We hope that you will continue to use OnStar services and experience all that OnStar has to offer. OnStar advisors are ready and available 24/7 to assist you.
Sincerely,

Terry M. Inch
OnStar, Chief Operating Officer

Last edited by c7joe; 08-05-2015 at 01:31 PM. Reason: added hyper link
Old 08-05-2015, 01:48 PM
GizmoZ
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 32 Posts

Yep, update the app and it should work. If nothing else, delete the app from your phone and reinstall it. Should clear it up.

Get notified of new replies

To OnStar app not working for two months

Quick Reply: OnStar app not working for two months