Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another dealership won't honor pre-supplier thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2015, 06:20 PM
Chets LS3
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts

Just disappointing when I'm told they have bent over backwards for me by honoring pre supplier pricing. Yet I had to do so much for them to still honor that. When their getting reimbursed!!! That's what gets to me. I feel like there trying to get back that money.
Old 08-30-2015, 07:48 PM
Woody
Team Owner

Received 40 Likes on 19 Posts
CI 2-3-4-5-6-7-9-11 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16
First St Jude Donor '14-'15-'16
NCM Lifetime Member

Have you picked up the car or is it still at the museum??
Old 08-30-2015, 08:34 PM
Mike Mercury
Team Owner

Received 173 Likes on 107 Posts

If this helps any...

I bought my 2015 from a very trusted dealer, (I have bought a Corvette from them once before) ordered on the first day allowed.

Between the day it was ordered & delivered to the dealer... there was a price increase. My salesman said that the sticker on the car will show the new (raised) price; but once they send in finalized paperwork (proving that I did indeed take delivery)... GM would reimburse the price increase, and the dealer would send me a refund check.

I decided to be patient, due to having a favorable history with the dealer. Indeed, about 3 weeks after delivery, I was mailed a check for the amount of the increase.

If I remember correctly, it has something to do with dealers (upon hearing of a pending price increase) placing a bunch of "stock" orders - to beat the increase. GM doesn't like this, so they window sticker at the higher price, and then the dealer has to prove that the car was sold to the person originally who made the order.

Apparently, price protection on a pending increase only happens on sold orders; not stock orders.

Do some dealers "pocket" the GM price-increase refund and not tell the cars owner about it? Oh, I imagine so.

Be careful out there.
Old 08-30-2015, 08:34 PM
Chets LS3
Melting Slicks

It's still at the museum. I'm scheduled for Wednesday. I have to finalize everything tomorrow. Worst comes to worst I will be paying the fees so I can get the car.

Thanks mike. That's been my whole argument really. Dealer getting refunded and I never seeing it. But we got that part down. At least the number I have is pretty close and I'm ok with the supplier price number. But now I'm just hit with all these fees. And I'm not getting the car from their dealership and I'm on my own paying my license plate fees. Although I'm being charged for these things. I will see how the phone call goes tomorrow.

Last edited by Chets LS3; 08-30-2015 at 08:37 PM.
Old 08-30-2015, 08:57 PM
Woody
Team Owner

Received 40 Likes on 19 Posts
CI 2-3-4-5-6-7-9-11 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16
First St Jude Donor '14-'15-'16
NCM Lifetime Member

And we had this for back up. Luckily I had no issues with the increase last year.
Attached Images  
Old 09-03-2015, 11:04 PM
Chets LS3
Melting Slicks

Im going to give my final post on this:

I requested in an email, not even knowing if this could happen, if the dealer would send an MSO to a louisiana title company (dealer in texas) so the titling and plate transfer could be done CORRECTLY. We were having issues because I was being charged 200$ for license plate and I wanted to keep my personalized plate, basically in short; I have to pay 200% for new 4 year plate then pay to cancel and pay to activate my personalized (because texas couldn't do it)

This obviously broke the straw over the camels back with the manager and he called me a day before my museum delivery and told me he was declining to sell me the car (I had plane flight, hotel rooms, etc)

I was speechless. He was beyond rude after I requested to speak to the owner, he advised me the owner felt the same way about the situation and it was the dealerships best interest.

I then reached out to the owner on my own because he would not abide by the request. Owner knew NOTHING about this. I ended up paying all the fees for the plate and will have to eat that since they could not resolve that situation. Owner was very nice and helpful to me, but boy has the manager made this whole ordeal a nightmare.

off topic: but I picked the car up yesterday (had ac issues and notated it in PDI at the museum) drove home today (lost all AC) and my car is at a dealership 180 miles from me with a cracked AC line. Major bummer!
Old 09-04-2015, 06:51 AM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

"
off topic: but I picked the car up yesterday (had ac issues and notated it in PDI at the museum) drove home today (lost all AC) and my car is at a dealership 180 miles from me with a cracked AC line. Major bummer! "

I was just wondering about this last couple lines; maybe someone can answer the question.

Doesn't the Museum delivery get these things fixed before delivery?
Old 09-04-2015, 11:34 AM
Chets LS3
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by AORoads
"
off topic: but I picked the car up yesterday (had ac issues and notated it in PDI at the museum) drove home today (lost all AC) and my car is at a dealership 180 miles from me with a cracked AC line. Major bummer! "

I was just wondering about this last couple lines; maybe someone can answer the question.

Doesn't the Museum delivery get these things fixed before delivery?
Well the car had AC when I was there, later on when the car was outside and I took my friend to the airport is when I noticed it. I addressed the issue at the museum. A tech from Conn. worked on the car for a bit with what he had to see if it was something electrical. At this point it was blowing cold on my side and not on the pass. side. It was 4pm and our options were limited.

As i drove the car home the next day the problem became progressively worse.

Quick Reply: Another dealership won't honor pre-supplier thread