2016 Options Advice

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 09:07 PM
meyerweb
Safety Car

Received 483 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by jcp911s
Options add a lot of cost, but little resale value,
True, but I buy what I want to drive, not what I want to sell.
Old 08-31-2015, 11:26 PM
T-TOP TOM
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by docprego
Yes, NPP is performance exhaust. I ordered it and grin ear to ear daily because of it. Unleashing this beast in sport mode with the exhaust in full on ferocious mode is something to put on your bucket list.

I would definitely choose 2LT or higher. I did for many reasons but I'm especially finding the curb view cameras to be a huge help.

Getting the NPP exhaust is some of the best spent money on your car. I just love mine and still haven't reached the break in mileage yet.
Old 08-31-2015, 11:48 PM
docprego
Burning Brakes

Received 263 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by T-TOP TOM
Getting the NPP exhaust is some of the best spent money on your car. I just love mine and still haven't reached the break in mileage yet.
EVERYTHING changed at 500 miles. I had a really good time with the car during the break in period. But once you lift that 4000 RPM limit, things get CRAZY! I now have 590 miles on my C7. The last 90 absolutely made me fall in love with this car.
Old 09-01-2015, 01:48 AM
kevincol
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 108 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by kesato
Hello All, I have a 1995 Vette. I'm now ordering a new 2016 from the factory. I seek your great advice on the following options I have selected.
Am I missing any "must haves" or have I chosen any options that are not so great, especially the performance exhaust?
This car will be a daily driver and not tracked.

Current selected options:
1LT, Torch Red with black interior
Hood stinger stripe, Carbon Flash
Body-color Z51-design rear spoiler, Genuine Corvette® Accessory
Competition Sport bucket seats
Performance exhaust
Red-painted brake calipers
18" front/19" rear, Black aluminum wheels

Thx, Ken
If you want HUD, then you need at least 2LT. If you want to get red stitching (new in 2016 -- 38S) then you need 3LT. I was going to get 2LT but wanted yellow stitching and that pushed me up to 3LT. 3LT also comes with the PDR, but you say you are not tracking so probably not important.

You should sit in the competition seats before ordering. I was going to order them site unseen as no dealers initially had them in my area. Then I found a dealer that had them and I sat in them. I could determine that on long rides I was going to be uncomfortable. So, even though I wanted them, I didn't get them as I didn't fit right in them.

Even if you are not interested in tracking, you might consider the Z51 package as you get some nice upgrades (i.e. the rear spoiler, cooler looking calipers and bigger wheels that are also split spoke and the red calipers). Down side is the brake dust, but you can swap out the pads.

I also really like the magnetic shocks (FE4). I regret not getting the carbon fiber trim (FAY). You might also look at the body color vents and see if you like that look (EFY). I am really glad that I got the carbon fiber badge package (EYT), but you should probably get the black rims then also.

This is all personal preference stuff though, I recommend seeing as many Corvettes on the ground at dealers to help make your decision. It's hard to understand a 2LT vs. a 3LT until you sit in the car. It's also hard to understand the body color vents until you see a car with them. When I was at the factory, I saw some colors that I thought looked great with the body color vents.
Old 09-01-2015, 03:44 PM
kesato
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks everyone for the great feedback.
This is my final config:

2016 Corvette Stingray Coupe 2LT
MSRP1 from $59,855
Destination Freight Charge $995

Options
Torch Red $0
Adrenalin Red, Leather seating surfaces with sueded microfiber inserts $0
18" front/19" rear, Black aluminum wheels $495
6.2L V8 DI engine Standard
7-speed manual transmission $0
Red-painted brake calipers $595
Performance exhaust Remove
$1,195
Audio system $0
GT bucket seats $0
Two-tone seats Remove
$395
Hood stinger stripe, Carbon Flash $500
Body-color Z51-design rear spoiler, Genuine Corvette® Accessory $600
Carbon Flash Badge Package Remove
$100

Options Total $4,275

Total MSRP $65,125

Thx, Ken
Old 09-01-2015, 03:56 PM
Wilross3
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Might be too late now - but just a couple of my thoughts...

I have the dual racing stripes. Would def NOT get them factory installed if I were to do it again. I WOULD get them painted on in carbon flash. I love the look of the stripes, but the decals just look cheap to me. A friend with an AW car painted the stinger stripe on... looks very good!

Consider the Museum Delivery! Great experience!

Good call on the adrenaline red seats.

My favorite features (besides the rush when accelerating) are the cooled seats and the HUD.

Whatever you get, you're going to love!

Bill
Old 09-03-2015, 03:22 PM
kesato
Intermediate

Here's the one I ordered!
Thx everyone
Old 09-03-2015, 04:30 PM
iclick
Melting Slicks

Received 618 Likes on 420 Posts

Originally Posted by DWG
On a red Stingray with a Carbon Flash Stinger I would order the Carbon Flash badge package. Especially with black wheels.
Amen to that! When you get the car, replace the stock lug nuts with black ones to rid the car of those last evil vestiges of chrome.

Last edited by iclick; 09-03-2015 at 04:47 PM.
Old 09-03-2015, 07:56 PM
flytrade
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Check the thread "NPP add on" for my recommendation of the exhaust.
Old 09-04-2015, 11:02 AM
SMFCPACFP
Safety Car

Received 101 Likes on 39 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Options add a lot of cost, but little resale value, so I'm a big believer in minimizing options.

I bought a 1LT Z51 with A8 and Mag shocks, as I plan to track the car occasionally.

IMHO, a base coupe with 1LT trim and no options will be the most ridiculously, stupid fast car you ever drove.

The competition seats are cool, but the standard seats are very comfortable and supportive, so its really a cosmetic decision.

The NPP exhaust came standard with the Z51, and I use it to **** off the neighbors, but in Touring mode, the stock exhaust still sounds fantastic.

The A8 is awesome, but I bought it so my wife could drive the car, you'll be very happy with the M7.

Basically, most options are cosmetic only, so build the car you want, but I'd recommend the Mag shocks... for the money, this is fantastic technology for not a lot of money.

Finally, one more piece of advice... BUY THIS CAR!! Its a total grin machine.
If you are worried about resale value losses, I suggest you buy an old beater and invest the difference in a diversified portfolio of stocks. Otherwise, buy what you want and can afford.
The following users liked this post:
Woodson (09-29-2015)
Old 09-04-2015, 11:37 AM
Corgidog1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,523 Likes on 1,482 Posts

Thanks everyone for the great feedback.
This is my final config:

2016 Corvette Stingray Coupe 2LT
MSRP1 from $59,855
Destination Freight Charge $995

Options
Torch Red $0
Adrenalin Red, Leather seating surfaces with sueded microfiber inserts $0
18" front/19" rear, Black aluminum wheels $495
6.2L V8 DI engine Standard
7-speed manual transmission $0
Red-painted brake calipers $595
Performance exhaust Remove
$1,195
Audio system $0
GT bucket seats $0
Two-tone seats Remove
$395
Hood stinger stripe, Carbon Flash $500
Body-color Z51-design rear spoiler, Genuine Corvette® Accessory $600
Carbon Flash Badge Package Remove
$100

Options Total $4,275

Total MSRP $65,125

Thx, Ken
Have you seen the appearance difference between the stock pipes and the performance exhaust pipes. That alone for me is worth the money. Take a look at some pictures of both and compare--the stock pipes look puny compared to the performance exhaust pipes. Not too late to change your order! Take a look at the appearance difference.
Old 09-04-2015, 12:10 PM
LATrafficJam
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Hello All, I have a 1995 Vette. I'm now ordering a new 2016 from the factory. I seek your great advice on the following options I have selected.
Am I missing any "must haves" or have I chosen any options that are not so great, especially the performance exhaust?
This car will be a daily driver and not tracked.

Current selected options:
1LT, Torch Red with black interior
Hood stinger stripe, Carbon Flash
Body-color Z51-design rear spoiler, Genuine Corvette® Accessory
Competition Sport bucket seats
Performance exhaust
Red-painted brake calipers
18" front/19" rear, Black aluminum wheels

Thx, Ken
You will have one exceptional ride there, OP!

Good choice on the NPP and competition seats. Equally good choice with the black wheels.

Keep in mind, if you elect for the A8, unless you drive it permanently in MANUAL mode, it will revert to V4 "ECO" mode, when not under acceleration. The M7 never enters "ECO" mode unless you specifically select "ECO" mode.

In a Corvette, "ECO" mode? Really? Ever? Can't imagine it.

Anyhow, I'm 6'/225lbs and the competition seats are excellent and snug. You feel very well held in place.

In terms of Corvettes, I have only owned a custom ordered 2008 Z06 and now a new custom ordered 2016 Z06 convertible w/Z07 package, M7, 2LZ. Both from Rick Conti, a forum dealer. Outstanding service from Rick.

Not sure about the power from the base corvette, but from what I read it is good. I can say that for my new Z06, it has what I consider adequate merging and passing power. I would classify it as very good acceleration from any speed, so long as you select the correct gear to match the torque curve.

Understand, however, that my definition of "adequate" may equate to "hellacious" to someone else. I'm just measuring it on a scale that contains a Mini Cooper at one end and a top fuel dragster at the other end.

You'll have a lot of fun with the car, if you like to drive it.

Oddly, some forum members have an inordinately low number of miles on their cars, based upon posts I read.

I drive my cars. Resale doesn't matter to me.

It only matters that I experience the car, and with your color and option list, you're going to have a great time, if/when you drive.

Good luck!

Attached Images  

Last edited by LATrafficJam; 09-04-2015 at 12:18 PM.
Old 09-04-2015, 12:11 PM
Boiler_81
Drifting

Received 429 Likes on 307 Posts

I agree along with most C7 owners. Per this post: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...breakdown.html 30,896 of the 34204 of the 2015 MY Corvettes were built with Performance Exhaust (NPP).

Originally Posted by Corgidog1
Have you seen the appearance difference between the stock pipes and the performance exhaust pipes. That alone for me is worth the money. Take a look at some pictures of both and compare--the stock pipes look puny compared to the performance exhaust pipes. Not too late to change your order! Take a look at the appearance difference.
Old 09-11-2015, 12:25 AM
kesato
Intermediate

I live in San Jose, Ca; I asked for quotes from all the Chevy dealers in the bay area. The two lowest are from Momentum and Boardwalk. Both are around $2500 under MSRP. I went with Momentum...

-Ken

Last edited by kesato; 09-11-2015 at 12:29 AM.
Old 09-11-2015, 09:34 AM
RedC7AZ
Race Director

Received 534 Likes on 334 Posts

Options add a lot of cost, but little resale value, so I'm a big believer in minimizing options.
To add to that, minimize options, but only to a point, by balancing that out with making sure you end up with a car you can be truly happy with.

2LT Trim plus 3-4 necessary options has been the right choice for both Corvettes I've custom ordered (2007 and 2014).

2014 - 2LT - NPP, Red Calipers, Z51 Spoiler, Premium Front and Cargo Mats.

Last edited by RedC7AZ; 09-11-2015 at 09:38 AM.
Old 09-29-2015, 09:12 PM
kesato
Intermediate

Well, I cancelled my order at Momentum in San Jose. Fremont Chevrolet came in with a much better offer...
Old 09-29-2015, 09:50 PM
Rooster OG
Le Mans Master

Received 1,694 Likes on 1,240 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Do they get allocations?

Get notified of new replies

To 2016 Options Advice

Old 10-13-2015, 03:29 PM
RACE U
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Louisville Ky NCM Lifetime Member 429 (Member Since 1993)
Received 261 Likes on 182 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13, '16

Originally Posted by Boiler_81
If you have not done so, sit in a set of the Competition seats before you order them. I had planned on getting a set until I tried them. They did not fit me very well.
Agree 100%. Would have been a very expensive mistake for me.
Old 10-13-2015, 03:31 PM
RACE U
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

The manual will save you more money than may appear on the surface. You avoid the gas guzzler tax with the manual.
Old 10-13-2015, 03:38 PM
RACE U
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by LATrafficJam
You will have one exceptional ride there, OP!

Good choice on the NPP and competition seats. Equally good choice with the black wheels.

Keep in mind, if you elect for the A8, unless you drive it permanently in MANUAL mode, it will revert to V4 "ECO" mode, when not under acceleration. The M7 never enters "ECO" mode unless you specifically select "ECO" mode.

In a Corvette, "ECO" mode? Really? Ever? Can't imagine it.

Anyhow, I'm 6'/225lbs and the competition seats are excellent and snug. You feel very well held in place.

In terms of Corvettes, I have only owned a custom ordered 2008 Z06 and now a new custom ordered 2016 Z06 convertible w/Z07 package, M7, 2LZ. Both from Rick Conti, a forum dealer. Outstanding service from Rick.

Not sure about the power from the base corvette, but from what I read it is good. I can say that for my new Z06, it has what I consider adequate merging and passing power. I would classify it as very good acceleration from any speed, so long as you select the correct gear to match the torque curve.

Understand, however, that my definition of "adequate" may equate to "hellacious" to someone else. I'm just measuring it on a scale that contains a Mini Cooper at one end and a top fuel dragster at the other end.

You'll have a lot of fun with the car, if you like to drive it.

Oddly, some forum members have an inordinately low number of miles on their cars, based upon posts I read.

I drive my cars. Resale doesn't matter to me.

It only matters that I experience the car, and with your color and option list, you're going to have a great time, if/when you drive.

Good luck!

I initially laughed at your comment on eco mode. But after thinking, at least on the Z06, it was the only way I could get above 20 mpg, on a long trip. Other wise, it's useless, and in town, is not any.help.

Quick Reply: 2016 Options Advice