C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is A Fix In Place For The HVAC System Blowing Hot Air When The A/C is Off?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 10:45 AM
BIC
Pro

Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Higgs Boson
Auto mode doesn't work too good on mine. Almost like it's dumb. Plus Auto always turns on recirc, which I don't like.
Is the following "normal?" With auto selected, it does always turn on recirc (which I rarely prefer). Even though on recirc, the recirc button light is off (the opposite of the AC button light which is on with the AC on in auto).

The next push of the recirc button turns on the HVAC display on the LCD screen and shows it in recirc (even though recirc button light is off). Push the button a second time, and it goes to outside air. Push it a third time, and goes to recirc, but now recirc button light is on. I could be an outlier, but I think at first glance of controls, the recirc light should be on if in recirc.
Old 09-04-2015, 12:20 PM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

Received 2,379 Likes on 1,238 Posts

Originally Posted by BIC
Is the following "normal?" With auto selected, it does always turn on recirc (which I rarely prefer). Even though on recirc, the recirc button light is off (the opposite of the AC button light which is on with the AC on in auto).

The next push of the recirc button turns on the HVAC display on the LCD screen and shows it in recirc (even though recirc button light is off). Push the button a second time, and it goes to outside air. Push it a third time, and goes to recirc, but now recirc button light is on. I could be an outlier, but I think at first glance of controls, the recirc light should be on if in recirc.
my vette and truck are both the exact same. 2014 C7 and 2015 silverado.
Old 09-08-2015, 10:45 PM
meyerweb
Safety Car

Received 483 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by BIC

In auto mode, it doesn't show you any info about what it's setting automatically. No display of recirc, fan speed, or directional settings. Adjust one of those manually, and you turn off auto mode.

I'll have to double check, but when I push the recirc button while in auto mode I'm pretty sure it turns recirc, and it's light, on. But maybe that's because it was already off. I'll try to remember to see how it behaves tomorrow.
Old 09-09-2015, 10:07 AM
BOBSZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 319 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by meyerweb
In auto mode, it doesn't show you any info about what it's setting automatically. No display of recirc, fan speed, or directional settings. Adjust one of those manually, and you turn off auto mode.

I'll have to double check, but when I push the recirc button while in auto mode I'm pretty sure it turns recirc, and it's light, on. But maybe that's because it was already off. I'll try to remember to see how it behaves tomorrow.

In auto, if you just turn the fan control a little the graphic display will come on and show the settings...and yes it shows the Recirc. ON...but the light is off. If I push the Recirc. the light comes on.
Old 09-10-2015, 11:53 AM
BIC
Pro

Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by BOBSZ06
In auto, if you just turn the fan control a little the graphic display will come on and show the settings...and yes it shows the Recirc. ON...but the light is off. If I push the Recirc. the light comes on.
Minor tip: if you turn the fan control, takes it out of Auto. If you just want to view the HVAC display turn the Temp dial up or down one degree and back; this keeps it in Auto mode.

Quick Reply: Is A Fix In Place For The HVAC System Blowing Hot Air When The A/C is Off?