Sponsored by:

Glass roof and C7 height

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2015, 01:31 PM
xp800
Drifting

Received 235 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by James Bertuca
I have a LT1 and I scrape every time backing out of my driveway, if I back out straight or on a angle it scrapes, and that is very slow, no scrapes pulling in, and yes backing out I have try to turn to the left and to the right on an angle, no luck. I'm talking about a 2015, I put more air in the front tires no luck with that either, driveway isn't steep just that storm sewer run, but that's part of the street, guys are lowering there cars I would like to raise mine. Hope that helps.
You may be the only CF person to propose RAISING their C7, but that too can be done with the same bolts that lower the car. Same procedure except twist the bolts down rather than up... Each full turn is approximately 1/3-1/4" ride height change based on when I did mine (3 turns lowered the car 3/4").

The parts you're scraping under the splitter are soft rubber and are easily replaceable. You're not scraping hard or painted plastic. Mine scrape too on my driveway apron, but show no wear.

Tire pressures have very little effect in rolling radius until they are extremely over/under inflated - especially with run flats. This is dangerous.
Old 09-03-2015, 02:07 PM
Gio's C7
Burning Brakes

Received 117 Likes on 86 Posts

Old 09-03-2015, 02:42 PM
James Bertuca
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I was just trying to give a fair and honest answer to the OP.

And for the three piece apron or air dam, its not the cost that bothers me it's the scraping.
Old 09-03-2015, 07:58 PM
Bencher
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I have a Z51 3LT and I have had zero scrapes on driveway or any speed bumps I have come across. Ride is stock height with tire pressures 30psi. Although I don't have a storm sewer run in front of my house.
Old 09-03-2015, 08:44 PM
sailgunner
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I live in Florida and bought the the suction cup shade and it works great. It looks good too. Will take it out in a month or so when the temps get reasonable.
Old 09-04-2015, 12:03 AM
PaulB
Melting Slicks

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

I used to buy the dual top option but I never used the painted top. For the last several Corvettes all I have purchased is the clear top. I am happy with my decision. I also like the extra headroom the clear top allows.

Quick Reply: Glass roof and C7 height