Sponsored by:

Stingray door measurements?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 07:27 PM
brettlid
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Stingray door measurements?

I haven't got my Stingray yet but I'm putting up a partition in my garage and need to know how much space min I need between the car door and the wall. Also the distance from the back of the car to the opening of the door.

The pic below shows the distances in blue I need measured

Really appreciate anyones help.

Thanks

Old 09-04-2015, 07:33 PM
nmvettec7
Safety Car

Received 850 Likes on 493 Posts

Originally Posted by brettlid
I haven't got my Stingray yet but I'm putting up a partition in my garage and need to know how much space min I need between the car door and the wall. Also the distance from the back of the car to the opening of the door.

The pic below shows the distances in blue I need measured

Really appreciate anyones help.

Thanks

You should not have any problems if parking your C7 in a standard sized garage.

Questions could be....do you have a single bay garage?

Do you have double car garage?

I would have to say that the size of driver has allot to do with entering the C7 and exiting the C7. A heavier person in weight and height may need to have the exit door open fully to exit, while others would not.

I am sure there is not any correct answer other than you should be able to open the doors fully for ingress and egress out of the C7.

Without parking sensors, I would not personally park my C7 close to the blue line on the passenger side, if that blue line represents a wall or future wall in your image that you posted.
Old 09-04-2015, 08:11 PM
brettlid
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a 3 car garage, but I'm putting a partition up so I can put the car in the single bay side. The blue lines are the measurements that i need taken. The blue line on the right is the distance from the back of the car to the door opening. The blue line on the left is how close can I park next to the wall and still get out. Yes I realize it depends on the person's size, but some ballpark measurements would be helpful at this point too.

Thanks
Old 09-04-2015, 08:43 PM
millpond
Melting Slicks

Received 379 Likes on 197 Posts

Side distance is 36", back distance is 55".
Old 09-05-2015, 08:26 AM
James Bertuca
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

When I park my C7 in the two car garage I leave the wife out first outside the garage I'm close on the right side pulling in gives me more room to get out I have a 26" tall rubber orange cone in front of the garage wall, about 48" from the wall, so I don't go through the wall. To me it's an adjustment with the front end. Hope that helps! They are big doors. Also I can walk around the car and clean the bugs off the front end, lot of bugs on white.

The ans. to your question is about a 45" swing for the driver to get out, seems easier to get in then out, I'm 67 nothing is easy for me.

Last edited by James Bertuca; 09-05-2015 at 08:32 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Stingray door measurements?

Quick Reply: Stingray door measurements?