C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hard to see turn signal arrows in dash display?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2015, 10:12 PM
prowired
Heel & Toe

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Hard to see turn signal arrows in dash display?

I really wish they would have put the green arrow indicators at the bottom of the main Inst. Panel (IP) display instead of the very top.

When the steering wheel is tilted downward, it completely blocks my view of either signal indicator if I go around a turn that doesn't go far enough to trip the release.

Also, it would be nice if the directional indicator appeared in the HUD, am I missing something or is that not possible either.

When driving with vert top down (pretty much always), and music playing, I'll only realize my blinker is going after the warning pops up on IP after like a quarter mile.

Thanks!
Old 09-27-2015, 10:28 AM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,928 Likes on 4,810 Posts

I think if you read your own post you might see your concerns with the turn signal indicators are more personal than flawed design.
Old 09-27-2015, 10:49 AM
eboggs_jkvl
Moderator/Tech Contributor

Location: Jacksonville Florida BWO Dayton, Cincinnati, Bloomsbury NJ, Cincinnati
Received 3,821 Likes on 2,065 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by dvilin
I think if you read your own post you might see your concerns with the turn signal indicators are more personal than flawed design.
When they took the turn indicators out of the HUD, they made a design flaw. They also have too many speedos on this car!
Old 09-27-2015, 11:27 AM
kp
Melting Slicks

Received 119 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by eboggs_jkvl
When they took the turn indicators out of the HUD, they made a design flaw. They also have too many speedos on this car!
+1

Why they removed the turn signals from the HUD is a mystery to me, they could have at least left them on one of the HUD modes.

The way I have the wheel and seat adjusted I cant see the turn signals on the cluster. Not sure its a 'flaw' but its annoying for me.
Old 09-27-2015, 12:03 PM
direct007
Melting Slicks

Received 2,009 Likes on 1,026 Posts

This would have been a good question for "ask Tadge" I wonder why they took the signal indicators out of the HUD. They added a bunch of useful info, but took out the turn signal indicators. Seems like an oversight that they could easily remedy.

Last edited by direct007; 09-27-2015 at 12:44 PM.
Old 09-27-2015, 12:13 PM
PegasusCapital
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 119 Likes on 95 Posts

I agree with the OP. The steering wheel can easily block the turn signal indicators. They should have left them in the HUD. I also agree that there are way too many speedos on this car.
Old 09-27-2015, 05:46 PM
///ADMAN
Melting Slicks

Received 471 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by prowired
Also, it would be nice if the directional indicator appeared in the HUD, am I missing something or is that not possible either.

Old 09-27-2015, 07:36 PM
sotirisf
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Agreed, I wish the indicators were still in the HUD.
Thats an omission that didnt need to be
Old 09-29-2015, 10:36 AM
prowired
Heel & Toe

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dvilin
Didn't mean to imply a design flaw per se, was just looking for maybe some hidden setting, or feature option that I may be missing. Especially with respect to the HUD configuration.

Alas, if I was only 6"-8" shorter, I could probably see them through the steering wheel opening but I guess I'll have to duck my head down or leave the steering wheel at its upmost setting.

Thanks for the comments/feedback all!
Old 09-29-2015, 11:08 AM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

I wish they were repeated in the HUD. Like Tesla I wonder if GM could do an OTA software update to add them to the HUD?
Old 09-29-2015, 11:36 AM
bob guzzy
Safety Car

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

I see no reason why they could not put the turn signal indicators high up on the dash maybe built into the edge of the dash pad or just under the pad above the instrument cluster.

Anywhere you wouldn't have to look down into to the instrument cluster to see them

Last edited by bob guzzy; 09-29-2015 at 11:43 AM.
Old 09-29-2015, 10:03 PM
meyerweb
Safety Car

Received 483 Likes on 320 Posts

I guess there's another advantage of being relatively short. I never have any problems seeing the indicators.
Old 09-29-2015, 10:26 PM
owc6
Team Owner

Received 4,186 Likes on 2,679 Posts

Originally Posted by meyerweb
I guess there's another advantage of being relatively short. I never have any problems seeing the indicators.
Me too, I'm short from the waist up.

But, more seriously, this is one issue that the C7 took a step backward from the C6. The HUD is not personalizable, like it was on the C6. It doesn't differentiate between driver 1 and 2. It also lacks quite a bit of information that the C6 would give you if you scroll through modes.
Old 09-29-2015, 11:51 PM
T-TOP TOM
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by kp
+1

Why they removed the turn signals from the HUD is a mystery to me, they could have at least left them on one of the HUD modes.

The way I have the wheel and seat adjusted I cant see the turn signals on the cluster. Not sure its a 'flaw' but its annoying for me.
I agree completly
Old 09-30-2015, 09:53 AM
VG
Virtual George

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Navy

At the Corvette Bash and at Corvettes at Carlisle, there was an engineer there doing a dash survey. These are the same issues I brought up with him in the discussion. I believe he was the engineer for this subject. He wrote it down and seemed interested.
I would suggest you look for that survey being taken at major events and get this message across.
I also suggested that they change the huge Gold Icon on the dash when you have the Speed Limit showing on the dash in the Information selection. Or at least change the color to something that does not try to get your attention.

Virtual George
Old 09-30-2015, 11:12 AM
alienranch
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 112 Likes on 69 Posts

Agreed on both points.

Get notified of new replies

To Hard to see turn signal arrows in dash display?

Quick Reply: Hard to see turn signal arrows in dash display?