2014-2015 Removable Roof Panel Noise Bulletin - Page 11 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

C7 General Discussion
General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014-2015 Removable Roof Panel Noise Bulletin

Old 12-30-2016, 12:11 PM   #201
C7@70+

FWIW. I have a 2016 (May 2016 build). The top has the NEW pins and the car has the revised Striker (latches). I purchased a Transparent top. Don't know the year....probably a 15 or maybe a 14. It was a BARGAIN as it has two minute scratches and it got passed down TWICE. The last owner did not find it as "COOL" as he thought and I got it at a steal. I ordered Stingray Emblems and covered the scratch and also added some really neat (to me) custom Initials. The scratch was on the "side pillar" at the front of the drivers side. That is where I put in the Stingray Emblem. I used my Initials on the Drivers Side and Z51 on the Passenger side of the top to "balance" it. I will see if the image comes through.

MY POINT....I spent $20 for the NEW pins and it took me about 5 minutes (total) to swap them out. You pull off the rubber bumper and then unscrew and reinstall. I have NOT used this top in hot weather. It did NOT make any noise, but I figured I would update it just to be sure.

I then coated the top with PLEXUS. That stuff (found it from the forums) is unbelievable. It should really increase the life of the Lexan Transparent top. I am a HAPPY owner....
C7@70+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 02:27 PM   #202
Bob Beroza
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by C7@70+ View Post
FWIW. I have a 2016 (May 2016 build). The top has the NEW pins and the car has the revised Striker (latches). I purchased a Transparent top. Don't know the year....probably a 15 or maybe a 14. It was a BARGAIN as it has two minute scratches and it got passed down TWICE. The last owner did not find it as "COOL" as he thought and I got it at a steal. I ordered Stingray Emblems and covered the scratch and also added some really neat (to me) custom Initials. The scratch was on the "side pillar" at the front of the drivers side. That is where I put in the Stingray Emblem. I used my Initials on the Drivers Side and Z51 on the Passenger side of the top to "balance" it. I will see if the image comes through.

MY POINT....I spent $20 for the NEW pins and it took me about 5 minutes (total) to swap them out. You pull off the rubber bumper and then unscrew and reinstall. I have NOT used this top in hot weather. It did NOT make any noise, but I figured I would update it just to be sure.

I then coated the top with PLEXUS. That stuff (found it from the forums) is unbelievable. It should really increase the life of the Lexan Transparent top. I am a HAPPY owner....
Another option would be to go on eBay. A company makes a panels that attaches to the clear section. That would cover the scratch and look GREAT.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-thru-20...1V-5V4&vxp=mtr

Last edited by Bob Beroza; 12-30-2016 at 02:28 PM.
Bob Beroza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 04:14 PM   #203
C7@70+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Beroza View Post
Another option would be to go on eBay. A company makes a panels that attaches to the clear section. That would cover the scratch and look GREAT.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-thru-20...1V-5V4&vxp=mtr
Thanks,

I had looked at them on Corvette Mods. They are a bit more expensive from Corvette Mods than here. Will keep it in mind. Right now, Me and DW love it. I spent about $40 for the emblems and letters and it serves our purposes.

Looking at the SS items that are out there for the lights. Going directly to the company in Florida rather than one of the oneline distributors....
C7@70+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 11:59 AM   #204
Ahr691
CF Member

This an on going with with me, I just hope I'm in the right thread.
This is the second c7 Z06 in one year so I know it's a real problem. The targa top on both cars made noise when going over multiple bumps/road irregularities that caused the vehicle to shake rapidly, at that time the targa hatch would vibrate in a way that created a high pitched noise or rattle that being close to my ear was frustrating to deal with. I remember somewhere here in the forum a factory journal bulletin. Can any one direct me to it? It has to be on the C7 though. My service person of all people, didn't believe me that the noise is inherit in these Z06'S. I had it fixed, I thought until resonantly,the noise came back.Thanks
Ahr691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 12:27 PM   #205
Gio's C7
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahr691 View Post
This an on going with with me, I just hope I'm in the right thread.
This is the second c7 Z06 in one year so I know it's a real problem. The targa top on both cars made noise when going over multiple bumps/road irregularities that caused the vehicle to shake rapidly, at that time the targa hatch would vibrate in a way that created a high pitched noise or rattle that being close to my ear was frustrating to deal with. I remember somewhere here in the forum a factory journal bulletin. Can any one direct me to it? It has to be on the C7 though. My service person of all people, didn't believe me that the noise is inherit in these Z06'S. I had it fixed, I thought until resonantly,the noise came back.Thanks
It is on the first page.
Gio's C7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 01:14 PM   #206
Ahr691
CF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio's C7 View Post
It is on the first page.
Thanks for that. I naturally saw that bulletin but it doesn't address the locking hatch assembly where the problem is. That's what I had read somewhere in this forum. The part is the hatch lock. But, thanks for the guide.
Old 02-08-2017, 01:44 PM   #207
Gio's C7
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahr691 View Post
Thanks for that. I naturally saw that bulletin but it doesn't address the locking hatch assembly where the problem is. That's what I had read somewhere in this forum. The part is the hatch lock. But, thanks for the guide.
I see!! Are you talking about the front latches or the rear one?
If it's the rear one you can adjust it!

Last edited by Gio's C7; 02-08-2017 at 01:44 PM.
Gio's C7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 01:59 PM   #208
Ahr691
CF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio's C7 View Post
I see!! Are you talking about the front latches or the rear one?
If it's the rear one you can adjust it!
yep, the rear latch, the one in the center. the service adviser just called me to say the cars ready.
Old 02-20-2017, 10:35 PM   #209
ahesq
CF Member

2014 C7 - Removal Roof front bracket adjustment

I need to adjust downward the left front roof bracket just behind my driver's side sun visor (2 10mm bolts), to solve a wind noise issue with my removal hardtop.

In order to do so, I need to remove the front headliner, at least the left side portion, in order to access the 2 bolts. It seems to be held on by clips, but when I tugged at it, it barely budged. I have the micro fiber suede option, but that shouldn't matter.

Does anyone have instructions and/or diagrams/photos of how to remove this item?

Thanks
ahesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 11:05 PM   #210
wjresq

See post 56.
wjresq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:37 PM   #211
1FASTVERT
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
St. Jude Donor '12

Thank you Ken for this. I bought a 2015 and had the creek in the top. I took it in to my dealership and they took care of it. They actually had to order another striker cause the striker on the passenger side didn't sit properly and had a terrible wind noise. I know have no issues with my top thanks to you. Thanks again.
1FASTVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion >
Reload this Page
  • 2014-2015 Removable Roof Panel Noise Bulletin
  •