Sponsored by:

Must have tools in the garage

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 11:49 PM
RonBurgAM
Instructor

Received 82 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by BenCasey
Thanks all for your helpful responses.. except that one guy There's always that one guy. My garage size was slightly exaggerated because I like to think I'm hilarious.
Hilarious is a bit of a stretch... but you are pretty damn funny

If you have internet access, time, the correct tools, and pay attention to detail, you can likely do as much work as your ambition allows.

Godspeed.
Old 10-07-2015, 09:31 AM
Stingray Al
Burning Brakes

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by DickieDoo
Good question, i would select a mid range product... something guaranteed for life... Sears mastercraft used to be good... Snapon is good but pricey. Be sure it's made in the USA product...

other items
( used to say, grease gun but that is getting obsolete these days, then again some suspension replacement parts that have grease fittings are preferable to non-greasible parts, lasts forever versus lasts for life )
- caliper slider grease ( high temperature ) if you heat your brakes, you should re-lube the slider pins.
- turkey baster ( for reservior flushing )
- magnets ( for lost nuts )
- stock up on some plastic "push" body clips as you will invariable wreck a few.
- clip puller for above ( best $10 you might spend )
- blow torch
- big *** rubber mallet to bash / persuade sutbourn parts.
- crowe bar
- big ball pin hammer for more fine tuning
- lots of type of needle nose pliers
- jack stands ( never go under a car without 2 additional jack stands
- wheel blocks

Sears Torque Wrenches ARE NOT guaranteed for life. They are considered a measuring device. Much like a tape measure.
Old 10-07-2015, 10:41 AM
Raider4444
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by meyerweb
4 post is more for storage, 2 post for working on the car. With a 4 post, your car is on the tires, so any work that requires the wheels to come off is a problem. There are 4 post lifts with jacks to let you get the car off the wheels, but that's not their forte.

Decision's, decisions.

Since I am going to be the crew chief on my 05 vette, I decided to get the 2 post list, mount it accordingly. I crewed F4's, F15', F16 and A10 in the Air Force and it is a good thing, this Corvette is built like a jet fighter!!!

Now if I can find a corvette club that has some mechanics - that would be great! Most of the clubs I have found around Springfield Ohio seem to be focused on "showing" which is great but maintaing and modifications are as much fun for me.

Any thoughts?

Quick Reply: Must have tools in the garage