Sponsored by:

Dealer couldn't reproduce squeaks or rattles

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 04:43 PM
DeStreGa5
Pro

Received 86 Likes on 62 Posts
Default Dealer couldn't reproduce squeaks or rattles

I took my car in last Friday to get some issues checked out and I left it there until Monday. My suspension on my driver's side has been squeaking a bit, but mainly on severely bumpy roads. I also get a rattle near the steering column and another above my head. The headliner also partially came off a while back. I pushed it back up wtih my hands and haven't had a problem since.

This is a '15 2LT coupe with magnetic ride control with about 6500 miles on it and I asked them to take a look at all of these issues for me. They said they did some lubrication on the roof and that's pretty much it. Since I've taken it home on Monday, the roof rattle seems to be gone. I still hear the rattle in the steering column when I hit something hard in the road. The squeaking is hard to reproduce, but I know exactly what kinds of roads will make it go off. They said I could come back and they'll do a ride along with me. I just need to find some extremely bad roads to show them.

I know this is a sports car and these things are inherent. I've had the same issues with my previous G35 coupe with sport tuned suspension where the steering cluster "pod" and sunroof rattled like crazy. Some were fixed and some were not. I just feel that a car that costs this much shouldn't be having these issues so early on. Other than that, the car is a dream to drive. Any suggestions or ideas are appreciated.
Old 10-06-2015, 08:40 PM
Red C8 of Jax
Safety Car

Received 1,113 Likes on 753 Posts

When you have roof creaks again, give your dealer TSB #15-NA-016, dated 9-30-15 - Creak or Snap Noise Above Windshield from Removable Roof Lift Off Panel While Driving. That should at least stop your roof problem.
Old 10-06-2015, 08:50 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,282 Likes on 13,960 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Squeaks and rattles can drive you nuts and at times can be very difficult to find and cure. Hope eventually the dealer can get them all solved for you and you'll have a nice, quiet car in terms of squeaks and rattles.
Old 10-06-2015, 08:53 PM
jedblanks
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

One thing I've learned about Chevy service:
If you don't get satisfaction don't waste your time with them and move on to another dealer. Keep moving until you find a dealer and/or service advisor willing to work the issue until it's fixed to your satisfaction. They will be happy to diagnose the problem on GMs dime.

I had one local dealer refuse to give me the time of day while another bent over backwards to help me.

Guess who will be getting my business in the future?

Get notified of new replies

To Dealer couldn't reproduce squeaks or rattles

Quick Reply: Dealer couldn't reproduce squeaks or rattles