Sponsored by:

Factory interior parts replacement

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 12:56 PM
lakemg
Melting Slicks

Received 909 Likes on 606 Posts

Originally Posted by matt3310
Where can I buy these 2 parts? Mine are black, but I want to swap them out for red.

If the price is right, I would be interested in purchasing your black passenger side piece. My interior is black and my passenger side piece has a little scratch in it so I would like to replace it at some point. Thought that it might be a win win, if you wanted to sell me yours and you could put the money towards a red one. PM me if you or any others have interest in selling a black one to me. Again, I only need the passenger side piece.

Thanks,

Marty
Old 12-02-2015, 03:15 PM
vincent_esq
Racer

Received 109 Likes on 38 Posts

How hard is it to replace the trim pad? Is there any videos how to's or picture how to's beside the drawing from the manual? It looks like the glove box has to come off first? I'm debating whether to do this or to have a leather upholstery place dye my interior. Does anyone have any referrals to a place in either central or Southern CA? Thanks.

Last edited by vincent_esq; 12-02-2015 at 03:16 PM.
Old 12-02-2015, 05:16 PM
Red C8 of Jax
Safety Car

Received 1,113 Likes on 753 Posts

Originally Posted by vincent_esq
How hard is it to replace the trim pad? Is there any videos how to's or picture how to's beside the drawing from the manual? It looks like the glove box has to come off first? I'm debating whether to do this or to have a leather upholstery place dye my interior. Does anyone have any referrals to a place in either central or Southern CA? Thanks.
Check Sticky Threads - Master List of How to Guides at the beginning of the C-7 General Discussion. Go to Interior Panels, you will see How to install the Trim Pad. I had the dealer install mine and it appears you first have to remove the glove box.

Last edited by Red C8 of Jax; 12-02-2015 at 05:16 PM.
Old 12-03-2015, 12:54 PM
monicatomokc
Pro

Received 292 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by djpatrick35
Oh woof! I'm in that boat too... All thumbs! So, I think I should have someone eventually change out my seats with the red center seats, stain the thread and call it a day.
I'd agree. I often think about adding a little more red to my 1LT interior, but start to think it might be a little too much. I did all the stitching in red (can't really see it in the pic) and am really happy with the way it is. Still saving to upgrade my MyLink HMI module so I can get Apple CarPlay, so that's where my money is headed next year...
Attached Images  

Last edited by monicatomokc; 12-03-2015 at 01:01 PM.
Old 12-03-2015, 08:32 PM
Red C8 of Jax
Safety Car

Originally Posted by monicatomokc
I'd agree. I often think about adding a little more red to my 1LT interior, but start to think it might be a little too much. I did all the stitching in red (can't really see it in the pic) and am really happy with the way it is. Still saving to upgrade my MyLink HMI module so I can get Apple CarPlay, so that's where my money is headed next year...
I really like the red seats and TR car. Most have to be ordered by the individuals who like this combination. You hardly ever find one ordered by the dealer. If you wanted to add a LITTLE more red you could just order the OEM center console armrest in red, three screws and you are done. Cost around $145.00.
Old 12-03-2015, 08:43 PM
BOBSZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 319 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by vincent_esq

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...nger-dash.html

Really a major pain!

Remove console piece to get the handrail piece out that blocks removal of the glove box; remove door trim to allow the removal of the box; plastic piece under box towards the firewall covers three screws...broke of one retainer that holds it up. Three screws hold the hinge for the box; and the biggest pain is removal of the box surround that holds the vents. Two screws are obvious just on the front lip in plain view; another screw is horizontal on the immediate inside the left upper and screws into the handhold area; the most trouble are two screws that are hidden on the inside of the surround piece. Must get a socket up inside the box cavity via holes in the fiberglass next to the two initial screws that were removed. Had to use a hacksaw blade to cut out a small amount of fiberglass to allow for the 7 mm socket clearance into the screws wbich hold the central section of the box surround.
Once out the vent silver trim pieces come off fairly easily and separate from the vent for ease of painting.
I am installing the Spice Red interior ( replacing black) and this surround is one that is being replaced along with the complete door panels, console cover, console drivers side trim, hood piece that we discussed around instrument cluster, and comp. seat skins.
My black Z06 has several exterior areas painted in crystal red, so that is the reason I wanted to have more red in the interior and it snowballed into this total replacement.
Anyway, this upper glovebox surround is a lengthy removal due to the difficulty in accessing the various scres in the glove box and the surround.

Last edited by BOBSZ06; 12-04-2015 at 12:03 PM.
The following users liked this post:
matt3310 (12-03-2015)
Old 12-04-2015, 09:26 AM
PortlandxC7
Racer

Received 86 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by matt3310
Where can I buy these 2 parts? Mine are black, but I want to swap them out for red.

i'm considering those as well!
Old 12-04-2015, 08:31 PM
Red C8 of Jax
Safety Car

Originally Posted by PortlandxC7
i'm considering those as well!
As I mentioned in post #8, make sure you also add the Finish Panel part (handle) really makes it look better.
Old 03-12-2017, 05:02 PM
KGrant
Melting Slicks

Received 1,195 Likes on 663 Posts
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021
Default How much did dealer charge to install the passenger side glove box trim pad?

How much did dealer charge to install the passenger side glove box trim pad?

Originally Posted by Red-C6 of Jax
I used an auto upholstery shop to install the Upper molding and Finish panel. If you have interior trim tools you could probably do these parts yourself. The Upper molding snaps out and the Finish panel, you have two screws to remove it. When you receive the new parts you can tell how they are attached. The upholstery shop did not want to install the Trim pad, so I had the dealer install it. I know you have to remove the glove box first before you install the Trim pad. I did install the Console Side Panel, it took about 5 min. For most of my projects, what can go wrong will go wrong! Good Luck.

Quick Reply: Factory interior parts replacement