Sponsored by:

Fender flares for C7?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2015, 01:07 AM
PortlandxC7
Racer

Received 86 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Fender flares for C7?

I know there are many threads about fender flares, but I finally came across a product that I cant seem to find any actual pictures of it installed, or any customer reviews, so I'm assuming it is a new product?

I first realized I wanted fender flares when I saw this:

However, after I saw the price tag, I was shocked and started looking for alternative fender flares.

Last week I found a new product that might do the job

This is a Duraflex ZR-C Fender Flares for the C7. They seem to be priced right and look almost identical to the Nowicki ones that are triple times the price. My question is, has anyone seen these? Installed them? have any opinion about them? I'm itching to get them but don't want to be a test doll or anything.

I also know APSIS is making a new set of fender flares with a lead time of 4 weeks, but I'm leaning towards these for now.

Comments/opinions/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Old 12-18-2015, 01:29 AM
Rooster OG
Le Mans Master

Received 1,694 Likes on 1,240 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

I can only find them for $700+. That's expensive. Apsis has theirs for $550+. Do you see the other ones cheaper somewhere?
Old 12-18-2015, 05:44 AM
PortlandxC7
Racer

Originally Posted by Rooster OG
I can only find them for $700+. That's expensive. Apsis has theirs for $550+. Do you see the other ones cheaper somewhere?
yea you are right, i found them for about 650, but hopefully they can give me a further discount. As for Apsis, i didn't know it was priced at 550, but isnt there like a lead time or something? or are they actually out and available immediately?
Old 12-18-2015, 06:42 AM
Kayir
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

OP, thanks for finding these! I've been looking for a while too and these prices seem so much better. I have some questions hopefully someone can help answer. So besides the look, I'm assuming others are interested in these to help cover/fit a wider wheel/tire combo. Is that a viable option? Do you think at stock height, if you use wider wheels that stick out past the stock fender and are covered by flares that they won't rub? To me that's the most important question. Thanks in advance for any input.
Old 12-18-2015, 07:08 AM
PortlandxC7
Racer

Originally Posted by Kayir
OP, thanks for finding these! I've been looking for a while too and these prices seem so much better. I have some questions hopefully someone can help answer. So besides the look, I'm assuming others are interested in these to help cover/fit a wider wheel/tire combo. Is that a viable option? Do you think at stock height, if you use wider wheels that stick out past the stock fender and are covered by flares that they won't rub? To me that's the most important question. Thanks in advance for any input.
yes the price does seem suitable. Since I dont have them installed I can't answer your question, but you are right. It is recommended that you have wider tires to fill up and align with the flares to give a more aggressive look. i personally run 255/ 305s and i think these would fit in perfectly. As for rubbing, I highly doubt thse will rub. I have 305s in the rear and from the look of the space available, i highly doubt these flares will rub if installed at stock height. I'm dropping my car on stock bolts and still think they wouldnt rub.

Hope this helps! If I end up ordering/installing them, ill do a write up for everyone as well.
The following users liked this post:
Kayir (12-18-2015)
Old 12-18-2015, 08:54 AM
chefcg1
Melting Slicks

Received 560 Likes on 379 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Actually really like the look of those. Keep us posted when you do an install.
Old 12-18-2015, 09:02 AM
555ctsv
Burning Brakes

Received 785 Likes on 340 Posts

I recently installed DuraFlex side skirts and have been happy with them so far. Will be interested in seeing how their flares work out for ya!
Old 12-18-2015, 09:36 AM
360Lemans
Burning Brakes

Received 220 Likes on 158 Posts

I like the looks of the Duraflex, I have been waiting for flares that are full length for looks and protection. The Apsis only cover to the mud guards, so I don't like the looks as much. Please post pics if anyone finds full picture of the Duraflex.
Old 12-18-2015, 09:37 AM
PortlandxC7
Racer

Originally Posted by Rooster OG
just checked APSIS seems to only have "Z06 style front spats" but no fender flares for all four wheels..
Old 12-18-2015, 09:38 AM
PortlandxC7
Racer

Originally Posted by 555ctsv
I recently installed DuraFlex side skirts and have been happy with them so far. Will be interested in seeing how their flares work out for ya!
Good to hear as I have personally never tried their products. Will keep you posted
Old 12-18-2015, 09:38 AM
PortlandxC7
Racer

Originally Posted by chefcg1
Actually really like the look of those. Keep us posted when you do an install.
Will DO!
Old 12-18-2015, 09:40 AM
PortlandxC7
Racer

Originally Posted by 360Lemans
I like the looks of the Duraflex, I have been waiting for flares that are full length for looks and protection. The Apsis only cover to the mud guards, so I don't like the looks as much. Please post pics if anyone finds full picture of the Duraflex.
That is right, as i mentioned earlier, APSIS has the "z06 style front spats" that come on the base z06. However they dont have the fender flares. The fender flares are the ones that extend around the whole opening while front spats extend to almost half of the front wheel wells.
Old 12-18-2015, 10:48 AM
Kayir
Racer

Can u post the pics of your installed duraflex side skirts please?
Old 12-18-2015, 11:35 AM
apsisusa
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 604 Likes on 408 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

We did develop the master prototype sample to cover whole wheel well for both front & rear, but then I posted the pictures to forum asking if anybody would be interested. All we got were negative reports so we pulled the plug unfortunately.

Still have that master prototype. If anyone wants it in carbon then we can finish it for you. But we won't invest expensive mold cost to make it available for the whole wheel well version.
Old 12-18-2015, 01:36 PM
ZL-1
Safety Car

Received 184 Likes on 122 Posts

Note that attaching flares to the outside of the fenders does not provide any extra tire clearance unless you cut away some of the stock fender lip.
Old 12-18-2015, 02:00 PM
PARANORMAL
SUPPORT AUTISM
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10, '14

FYI
As a current C6 owner, I can tell you first hand information about this product. An un named vendor in the C6 Forum WAS selling Duraflex product for some time, one of the products was a rear quarter panel that was flared and it was advertised as not needing inner panels replacement. These panels were cheaper than the GM panels and not having to buy the inner fender wells. I purchased these for my C6. The quality was horrible and the fitment was off. I spent just as much as If I had gone with the GM product due to all the man hours the body shop had to spend to make them right. The reason that it was advertised as not needing to replace the inner fender linings was due to the oversized lip that extended from the quarter panel to the fender liner. Quite a few members cracked their panels because of the tires hitting it. I wound up purchasing the inner fender liners and trimming the lip on the quarters in order to prevent the tires from hitting. Installing these flares will have the same effect.
Name:  IMG_0558.jpg
Views: 3358
Size:  132.9 KB

Last edited by PARANORMAL; 12-18-2015 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Photo
Old 12-18-2015, 02:56 PM
Kayir
Racer

ZL1, i'm not sure if we're talking about different things. What i'm referring to is adding more WIDTH to the wheels, and rather than the wheel sticking out past the fenders, being "covered" by the flare so it doesn't look TOO stuck out. My hope is this is the case and it won't rub (assuming stock height)

Get notified of new replies

To Fender flares for C7?

Old 12-18-2015, 07:05 PM
NameBrand
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I like the look of the RK Sport Fender Flares. Color matched would be ideal.
Old 12-18-2015, 11:29 PM
PortlandxC7
Racer

Originally Posted by apsisusa
We did develop the master prototype sample to cover whole wheel well for both front & rear, but then I posted the pictures to forum asking if anybody would be interested. All we got were negative reports so we pulled the plug unfortunately.

Still have that master prototype. If anyone wants it in carbon then we can finish it for you. But we won't invest expensive mold cost to make it available for the whole wheel well version.
please pm me about your prototype
Old 12-18-2015, 11:31 PM
PortlandxC7
Racer

Originally Posted by ZL-1
Note that attaching flares to the outside of the fenders does not provide any extra tire clearance unless you cut away some of the stock fender lip.
These flares are plain cosmetic. Not sure what you mean by saying you need to cut the stock fender. Why would you want extra tire clearance? These flares don't affect tire clearance..

Quick Reply: Fender flares for C7?