Sponsored by:

SC tunes

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2015, 09:04 AM
raylo
Drifting

Received 405 Likes on 255 Posts
Default SC tunes

Just curious... last time I went NA on my Camaro but the C7 SC options look intriguing. There are some nicely developed packages both PD and centri (I am leaning centri). My question is about the tuning. If I do this I would probably go with one of the "standard" centri packages (not going to really push the envelope so I can maintain durability) like ECS or A&A. It seems to me like these should have a standard tune (a C7 is a C7 is a C7) so do these guys supply a tune for DIY installs and a device to install it? Or do you need to visit a tuner for a custom tune?
Old 12-22-2015, 09:26 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,085 Likes on 656 Posts

Originally Posted by raylo
Just curious... last time I went NA on my Camaro but the C7 SC options look intriguing. There are some nicely developed packages both PD and centri (I am leaning centri). My question is about the tuning. If I do this I would probably go with one of the "standard" centri packages (not going to really push the envelope so I can maintain durability) like ECS or A&A. It seems to me like these should have a standard tune (a C7 is a C7 is a C7) so do these guys supply a tune for DIY installs and a device to install it? Or do you need to visit a tuner for a custom tune?

We supply tune files with the purchase of our kit. I see you are fairly close to us also so we can check it over after you are done with the install too.
Old 12-22-2015, 09:41 AM
raylo
Drifting

Received 405 Likes on 255 Posts

Sounds good, Doug, thanks for the reply. What device does one need to install the file? On my old car we used a laptop with LT1 Edit or TunerCat. I assume there is something similar for C7?

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
We supply tune files with the purchase of our kit. I see you are fairly close to us also so we can check it over after you are done with the install too.
Old 12-22-2015, 10:15 AM
pittperson
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Old 12-22-2015, 10:28 AM
Kracka
Le Mans Master

Received 5,711 Likes on 2,918 Posts

The Procharger kit includes a Diablo InTune handheld tuner w/tune.
Old 12-22-2015, 11:16 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,085 Likes on 656 Posts

Originally Posted by raylo
Sounds good, Doug, thanks for the reply. What device does one need to install the file? On my old car we used a laptop with LT1 Edit or TunerCat. I assume there is something similar for C7?
Most people doing their own install purchase HP tuners so they can log the car afterwards, then I just email a tune file. Or you can mail in the ECM when you start your install, I turn them around the same day received.
That way a hand held programmer does not need to be purchased, which is an additional expense from others.

Get notified of new replies

To SC tunes

Quick Reply: SC tunes