C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have the flickering screen fixed and have it do it again?

Old 02-12-2016, 01:24 AM
BigJoe
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

Default Anyone have the flickering screen fixed and have it do it again?

I had my screen replaced (or at least they said they replaced it) about a year ago on my 2014 and now it has started flickering and going black again. Seems to be getting worse every day since it recurred a couple weeks ago. Seems to be worse in the morning when temps are in the 40s.
Old 02-12-2016, 07:06 AM
eboggs_jkvl
Moderator/Tech Contributor

Location: Jacksonville Florida BWO Dayton, Cincinnati, Bloomsbury NJ, Cincinnati
Received 3,810 Likes on 2,058 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by BigJoe
I had my screen replaced (or at least they said they replaced it) about a year ago on my 2014 and now it has started flickering and going black again. Seems to be getting worse every day since it recurred a couple weeks ago. Seems to be worse in the morning when temps are in the 40s.
Sounds like you need to hit the dealer again for a new screen that actually works! Sorry about that but there isn't another option, like drop an aspirin or a cough drop in the cubby hole. Hit the dealer and stop being frustrated. It might help if you would video it on your phone while it is having a conniption. That way the dealer won't say, "Looks good to me!"

Elmer
Old 02-12-2016, 07:24 AM
Drive-C7
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 31 Posts

Have them check the code. There are two problems - screen needs replacement and another is cable plugged into screen needs replacement. When they replaced my cable I begged them to replace the screen while everything was apart. They did not and two months later they replaced the screen. I have a early 2014 and reading problems on this forum is early cars had a bad screen manufacturer so I knew it was a matter of time before my screen went. All is well now. My bet it is the your cable. That is exactly the way mine acted.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone have the flickering screen fixed and have it do it again?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone have the flickering screen fixed and have it do it again?