Sponsored by:

C7 Stingray Head-up display

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2016, 06:35 AM
lex737
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default C7 Stingray Head-up display

I just received my new 2016 C7-Z51 here in Belgium. I had no problem setting all my preferences (seats, mirror, radio, etc) into the memory. However I have failed so far to set my preferred head-up display (the one with the liniar tach) into the memory. Each time I start the car up, it gives me the version that just displays speed and selected gear-setting. Also the dealer is unable to configure it. Has it got to do with the fact that at start-up the car defaults to the awful Economy-mode (I really hate that mode) or am I overlooking something. Who can advise me..?? Thanks !!! Alex
Old 02-20-2016, 07:10 AM
JameyTurner
Too Much Fun
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 180 Likes on 79 Posts

You can't turn car off in track mode and restart car and it stay in track mode if this is what you are doing. You can turn your car off in any mode and it will start up in that mode EXCEPT for track mode. This is a safety feature to keep someone less familiar with the car from getting in and driving with safety features turned off. Set your car and head up display how you want it, put it in let's say sport mode. Turn car off and then restart and see if this solves your problem. I believe this will solve your problem as I went thru the same thing and this fixed it for me.

Last edited by JameyTurner; 02-20-2016 at 07:12 AM.
Old 02-20-2016, 07:45 AM
lex737
Intermediate

Hi Jamey, many thanks for your quick response. No, I always drive in Touring mode and switch aff the car in that mode. However, when I start the car it automatically defaults to Economy mode, with an head-up display that just gives speed and gear setting. I have tried everything (trying to set in in memory; doing what you just described) but it still defaults to Economy Alex
Old 02-20-2016, 11:00 AM
gpotski
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by lex737
Hi Jamey, many thanks for your quick response. No, I always drive in Touring mode and switch aff the car in that mode. However, when I start the car it automatically defaults to Economy mode, with an head-up display that just gives speed and gear setting. I have tried everything (trying to set in in memory; doing what you just described) but it still defaults to Economy Alex
You must have the EU programing mode.

The environment thanks you.

Last edited by gpotski; 02-20-2016 at 11:02 AM.
Old 02-20-2016, 11:04 AM
awright2009
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 44 Posts

I have my sport mode hud with the hockey puck rpms and shift lights and my dash with the regular round rpm and information center (usually on tire pressure or music)

I'll try to track down where you change it, but it is possible (but track mode is a required manual change over)
Old 02-20-2016, 11:23 AM
Myfourth1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,238 Likes on 1,092 Posts

Default Off topic....

I just received my new 2016 C7-Z51 here in Belgium. I had no problem setting all my preferences (seats, mirror, radio, etc) into the memory. However I have failed so far to set my preferred head-up display (the one with the liniar tach) into the memory. Each time I start the car up, it gives me the version that just displays speed and selected gear-setting. Also the dealer is unable to configure it. Has it got to do with the fact that at start-up the car defaults to the awful Economy-mode (I really hate that mode) or am I overlooking something. Who can advise me..?? Thanks !!! Alex
Off topic, but where in Belgium do you live? I lived in Brussels for a year and a half. Just curious.
Old 02-20-2016, 11:59 AM
awright2009
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 44 Posts

This one explains setting the gauge cluster:

The heads up display projector has a button to change its settings by the up down selector:
https://www.chevrolet.com/content/da...22787572_A.pdf - page 11
Old 02-20-2016, 12:03 PM
FawkeeMcGee
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

Just out of curiosity, do any of your other preferences reset upon turning it off and then back on?
Old 02-20-2016, 01:07 PM
Woodson
Le Mans Master

Received 1,363 Likes on 789 Posts

Originally Posted by awright2009
I have my sport mode hud with the hockey puck rpms and shift lights and my dash with the regular round rpm and information center (usually on tire pressure or music)

I'll try to track down where you change it, but it is possible (but track mode is a required manual change over)
So you have the round tach?
Old 02-20-2016, 01:38 PM
defaria
Safety Car

Received 1,203 Likes on 732 Posts

Originally Posted by JameyTurner
You can't turn car off in track mode and restart car and it stay in track mode if this is what you are doing. You can turn your car off in any mode and it will start up in that mode EXCEPT for track mode. This is a safety feature to keep someone less familiar with the car from getting in and driving with safety features turned off. Set your car and head up display how you want it, put it in let's say sport mode. Turn car off and then restart and see if this solves your problem. I believe this will solve your problem as I went thru the same thing and this fixed it for me.
Not true. At least not on my 2016 Z51. If you turn off the car in Sport Mode it will start in Sport Mode. If you turn off the car in Eco or Weather or Touring it will start in Touring Mode. Track Mode must be set manually.
Old 02-20-2016, 01:43 PM
fdxpilot
Safety Car

Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by defaria
Not true. At least not on my 2016 Z51. If you turn off the car in Sport Mode it will start in Sport Mode. If you turn off the car in Eco or Weather or Touring it will start in Touring Mode. Track Mode must be set manually.
Except cars built for export to the UE have a different dash cluster and programming, so your experience may be irrelevant to the OP's question.
Old 02-20-2016, 01:55 PM
lex737
Intermediate

Hi guys, many thanks for all your feedback and questions. Let's answer them:
gpotksi : yeah, the environment is a big thing in Europe and kiling most of our fun..
awright: thanks mate !
mythird1: it's also my 3rd Corvette and I live in Steenokkerzeel, just off Zaventem airport
FawkeeMcGee: yes, regardless of what setting I have used earlier, upon engine start it defaults to the Economy mode
Woodson: No, not even the round dial is displayed, just the speed (in figures) and the gear selection (e.g. D or R)
fdxpilot: yes, the dealer is trying to find out whether perhaps the EU software and logics are different. By the way are you a FedEx pilot ? I was a B737 jockey for Transavia Netherlands.
Best regards Alex
Old 02-20-2016, 02:47 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

However I have failed so far to set my preferred head-up display (the one with the liniar tach) into the memory. Each time I start the car up, it gives me the version that just displays speed and selected gear-setting. Thanks !!! Alex
The HUD is part of the "display" - if you "unlink to driving mode" in settings, it will remain where you want it.
Old 02-20-2016, 03:10 PM
lex737
Intermediate

Thanks Rick, I will try that out !!
Old 02-21-2016, 11:16 AM
Myfourth1
Le Mans Master

Hi guys, many thanks for all your feedback and questions. Let's answer them:
gpotksi : yeah, the environment is a big thing in Europe and kiling most of our fun..
awright: thanks mate !
mythird1: it's also my 3rd Corvette and I live in Steenokkerzeel, just off Zaventem airport
FawkeeMcGee: yes, regardless of what setting I have used earlier, upon engine start it defaults to the Economy mode
Woodson: No, not even the round dial is displayed, just the speed (in figures) and the gear selection (e.g. D or R)
fdxpilot: yes, the dealer is trying to find out whether perhaps the EU software and logics are different. By the way are you a FedEx pilot ? I was a B737 jockey for Transavia Netherlands.
Best regards Alex
Cool. I lived over near the Cinquantenaire by the EU. I miss Brussels. Love the food and the central location for travel.
Old 03-02-2016, 09:37 AM
lex737
Intermediate

Dear Rick, I tried your suggestion AND IT WORKS !! Many Thanks !

Dear Mythird1, whenever you come back to Brussels, let me know and I'll buy you a (Belgian) beer and a good meal !

Alex
Old 03-02-2016, 09:40 AM
lex737
Intermediate

Oh and MyThird1, just to let you know that many of my relatives live in Prescott AZ !!
Old 03-02-2016, 10:56 AM
Myfourth1
Le Mans Master

Oh and MyThird1, just to let you know that many of my relatives live in Prescott AZ !!
Small world.

A beer and some Waterzooi sounds great. I miss the food and chocolates in Belgium.

What kind of work do you do in Brussels? I worked for IBM over near NATO on Avenue Leopold.

Get notified of new replies

To C7 Stingray Head-up display

Quick Reply: C7 Stingray Head-up display