C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cheapest place to buy side skirts/splitter in carbon flash?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2016, 05:35 AM
G3Carbon
Drifting

Received 122 Likes on 87 Posts

I always had the impression it was a custom single turbo car, but I guess it could have been an STS setup.

I'm leaning toward not STS, though.
Old 03-14-2016, 07:32 AM
r84boomer66
Advanced

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by NSC5
I ordered carbon flash painted skirts directly from ACS for my Z06 and had them shipped to the museum in Bowling Green for installation prior to delivery. The customer service is excellent and with the current exchange rate (ACS is in Quebec) you may find direct purchase is the way to go. Their website allows you to configure and view the various options as they appear installed on the car.
Are you saying the factory mounted non oem skirts for you prior to museum delivery?
If so what was the process to get this done?
Old 03-14-2016, 09:11 AM
NSC5
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,100 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by r84boomer66
Are you saying the factory mounted non oem skirts for you prior to museum delivery?
If so what was the process to get this done?
No, I am doing museum delivery and it is being done as part of PDI at the museum.

Even if you order factory skirts they are shipped with car and mounted by the delivering dealer during PDI, none of the skirts are mounted prior to leaving the factory.
Old 03-14-2016, 09:23 AM
capecodvette
Drifting

Received 180 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by i3eezenotch
Hey guys, I've been reading a lot into the side skirts in protecting the side panels of my car and decided I want to get the side skirts (oem style) and a front splitter to match. Also debating getting the wheel well extensions and splash guards as well. I want to get them in carbon flash. I think ACS makes the kind I like. I am not looking for anything particularly lightweight (ie. I don't need actual carbon fiber). I just want the cheapest option with correct fitment and good looks that is not too difficult to self install in my parking lot haha. Any advice would be appreciated. I am already noticing rock chips and it's been <1500 miles on my z51. Thanks!
Going on the cheap is a bad idea, IMO. You truly get what you pay for. Try contacting G3 Carbon. Outstanding product, quality people. I know, I installed their products.
Attached Images  
The following users liked this post:
G3Carbon (03-14-2016)
Old 03-14-2016, 11:53 AM
SyberSaint
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

Old 03-14-2016, 12:16 PM
Patches
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 889 Likes on 587 Posts

I went with G3 Carbon flash skirts. I suppose you could install them with the existing screws and double-sided tape without raising the car and forego the rivets but I would find a shop to do the install or a place where I could raise the vehicle about 8-10 inches to do the installation properly.

The following 2 users liked this post by Patches:
G3Carbon (03-14-2016), LoneStarGirl (11-19-2019)
Old 03-14-2016, 12:25 PM
Never-Enough
Le Mans Master

Received 82 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill17601
Your C7 is an expensive car. Looking for the cheapest is not the best idea. Remember too the people who sell parts and work on fair margins give you much better service if you have a problem.
& on the flip side, just because something is expensive does not mean it is good. Plenty of reasonably priced mods out there for all sorts of expensive cars & guess what...they are great quality!
Old 03-14-2016, 08:52 PM
97C5driver
Melting Slicks

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Never-Enough
& on the flip side, just because something is expensive does not mean it is good. Plenty of reasonably priced mods out there for all sorts of expensive cars & guess what...they are great quality!
No if you buy an expensive car your expected to ball out and buy the most expensive accessories possible. You're supposed to spend more than just buying the upgraded model (z06 in this case) from the start.

Duhh
Old 03-14-2016, 09:28 PM
Never-Enough
Le Mans Master

Received 82 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by 97C5driver
No if you buy an expensive car your expected to ball out and buy the most expensive accessories possible. You're supposed to spend more than just buying the upgraded model (z06 in this case) from the start.

Duhh
G3Carbon (03-14-2016)
Old 03-14-2016, 09:54 PM
C8Jake
Race Director

Received 5,415 Likes on 2,535 Posts

$299 shipped...painted 'em satin black for $15
Z06 style running boards > overcopied, played out & overpriced
Old 03-14-2016, 09:58 PM
Richard Ames
Drifting

Received 204 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by Patches
I went with G3 Carbon flash skirts. I suppose you could install them with the existing screws and double-sided tape without raising the car and forego the rivets but I would find a shop to do the install or a place where I could raise the vehicle about 8-10 inches to do the installation properly.

I went with G3 Carbon also. Best I have seen. Alan is easy to deal with and if you are close enough to get to meet pickles the dog.
G3Carbon (03-15-2016)
Old 03-14-2016, 10:05 PM
97C5driver
Melting Slicks

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by C7Jake
I agree I'm getting sick of the z06 style parts. I've been looking at the sentinel motorsports stuff lately. They have a new lip coming out which I might pull the trigger on here pretty soon. Their spoiler is awesome also not as bulky as the z06 option.
Old 03-15-2016, 12:04 AM
Veterosa1
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by C7Jake
Jake, this should go well with the base ZO6 splitter. Do you have a link? Installation or modification?
Thanks for the info
Old 03-15-2016, 08:58 AM
KuzVette
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Veterosa1
Jake, this should go well with the base ZO6 splitter. Do you have a link? Installation or modification?
Thanks for the info
Very nice!... What brand are those?
Old 03-15-2016, 01:08 PM
LimeRock
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Could not PM Jake. I am very interested in this one.
Old 03-16-2016, 09:07 AM
KuzVette
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by LimeRock
Could not PM Jake. I am very interested in this one.
Me too please Jake... Please post what is the brand and where did you get them... Thanks
Old 03-16-2016, 09:49 PM
Playboy2
Pro

Received 147 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by i3eezenotch
Thanks again for all the responses. I am hoping to get splitter + skirts in CFlash for somewhere around $700-800 shipped given the $500 price for (what sounds like) unpainted versions. I'll call around Monday.

One last question -- are these easily installed without raising the car? I live in the city and don't have a garage (which sucks with the vette). Luckily I have a reserved spot in a lot so I don't worry about dings, but I don't have too much room to install these.
They are both super easy to install and you do not need to jack your car up. There are 5 bolts under the side of car for the skirts 3in front and 2 in back. I also used 3m double stick tape (didn't want to drill and use the supplied rivets)for the area where there are no bolts. Make sure you clean the underside with soap and water and then some rubbing alcohol on the underside rockers,and then clean the part of the skirts that will go under the rocker panel with rubbing alcohol to help ensure the tape sticks. As far as the splitter goes it's about 12-15 bolts to unscrew and put back into the splitter. The 2 end bolts are behind the rubber scrape guard or what ever it's called, and when you remove the screws the end of the splitter slides under the rubber and screw back in. I believe it's either a 7mm or 8mm socket for the skirts and splitter, can't remember exactly. I have the C7 Carbon GTX skirts (they are a direct fit without having to drill) and stage 1 GM(poverty splitter)

Last edited by Playboy2; 03-16-2016 at 09:53 PM.
i3eezenotch (03-16-2016)

Get notified of new replies

To Cheapest place to buy side skirts/splitter in carbon flash?

Old 03-16-2016, 11:55 PM
i3eezenotch
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Good to know. I think I want to drill and put the rivets in, but I think I may need to raise the car to get the drill under there. I wonder if I should just get some front wheel ramps and if that would be enough.
Originally Posted by Playboy2
They are both super easy to install and you do not need to jack your car up. There are 5 bolts under the side of car for the skirts 3in front and 2 in back. I also used 3m double stick tape (didn't want to drill and use the supplied rivets)for the area where there are no bolts. Make sure you clean the underside with soap and water and then some rubbing alcohol on the underside rockers,and then clean the part of the skirts that will go under the rocker panel with rubbing alcohol to help ensure the tape sticks. As far as the splitter goes it's about 12-15 bolts to unscrew and put back into the splitter. The 2 end bolts are behind the rubber scrape guard or what ever it's called, and when you remove the screws the end of the splitter slides under the rubber and screw back in. I believe it's either a 7mm or 8mm socket for the skirts and splitter, can't remember exactly. I have the C7 Carbon GTX skirts (they are a direct fit without having to drill) and stage 1 GM(poverty splitter)

Old 03-18-2016, 10:44 AM
LimeRock
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

I have looked on the web and they appear to be ACS zero1's but the price Jake talks about I cannot come close to.
Old 03-18-2016, 11:39 AM
gve
Drifting

Received 458 Likes on 204 Posts

One of the previous side skirt threads said he still got some nicks on his paint with the narrow style side skirts. I don't remember the brand, but something to consider before installing. If you do a search you may be able to find the thread.

Quick Reply: Cheapest place to buy side skirts/splitter in carbon flash?