Rear ended

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 06:35 PM
rcooper
Safety Car

Received 676 Likes on 480 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by DCortez
So I called today to see if my car was ready, they said yes, since Monday. I thought, geez, thanks for the phone call.

Had my son drop me off.

Looked at the car, which I hadn't seen in a month or so, and my jaw dropped. New scratches and scrapes across the rear section(s), scraped a six inch long beauty across the spoiler where it goes from lateral to vertical, 3M install looks worse than my Xpel job, and the CORVETTE lettering across the rear is missing.

Long story short, I forgot my phone at home, did not take delivery of the car (owner not in today), walked home (kids and wife we busy doing other things that couldn't be put off), and as soon as I walked in, told my wife to lower her expectations to something between disappointed and disgusted.

Wife said, when I spoke to them last week, they said it looked like new.

I hate texters and the workmanship American folks have been churning out.
Really sorry to hear this. What has happened to pride in your work, seems as though it is the " I only get paid 20 bucks an hour, what more should I have to do?" give me my paycheck. To many people want to much for their crappy work, bad attitude and sour temperament.
Good that you did not drive away with the car and then take it back, you would have been blamed for the scratches and other crap that they did.
Sounds like a bunch of ex McDonald's employees who trained in the drive through work there.
Sure hope that you can get it resolved with out to much hassle. Let us know.
Old 04-29-2016, 09:20 AM
DCortez
Drifting

Received 197 Likes on 136 Posts

Forgot to mention in my post that the stripes had a defect.

Spoke to the owner, she's going to go look at it. Looks like I'll be taking it to another shop, out of pocket. Not going to argue with half-assers about workmanship and factory condition.

Looking forward to having this whole episode behind me.
Old 04-29-2016, 01:11 PM
SFCA1968
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

well at least I hope the woman that hit you got a ticket?

Quick Reply: Rear ended