PDR Update Files: Check your version prior to updating

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2016, 07:28 PM
mart86vette
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 13 Posts

Default PDR Updated

PDR UPDATED YES!

Thanks to fmcokc, SharkGrayStingray & Flame Red.

I got the PDR updated,

Follow the on screen directions run it twice and your done

Again Thanks,
Marty
The following users liked this post:
SharkGrayStingray (04-21-2016)
Old 04-21-2016, 07:33 PM
SharkGrayStingray
Drifting

Received 185 Likes on 129 Posts

i understand some are not tech savvy, but this was so damn easy!! Why can't all/most of the updates be a diy??? it would save GM so much money on dealer visits. I have about 3 more updates i need but don't want to visit the dealer. Always afraid they would scratch/mess up my baby like they did my C6 (i don't go to that dealer anymore, but they are all the same to me)

Last edited by SharkGrayStingray; 04-21-2016 at 07:33 PM.
mart86vette (04-21-2016)
Old 04-21-2016, 07:52 PM
Thunder22
Team Owner

Received 2,312 Likes on 1,457 Posts

is the indication file supposed to be 0 bytes?
Old 04-21-2016, 08:02 PM
SharkGrayStingray
Drifting

Originally Posted by Thunder22
is the indication file supposed to be 0 bytes?
mine worked fine and was 0bytes
Thunder22 (04-21-2016)
Old 04-21-2016, 08:11 PM
POINTBYATL
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry for asking this because I'm sure it's been covered, but what exactly does this fix? Does it happen to fix the timing difference and make it more accurate?? I've hard the PDR can be up to 2 seconds faster than actual.

Thanks
Droptop CE (03-06-2023)
Old 04-21-2016, 08:32 PM
geo2000
Drifting

Received 114 Likes on 111 Posts

With this update you lose the recorded audio when in valet mode, is that correct?
Old 04-22-2016, 11:18 AM
Flame Red
Le Mans Master

Received 1,086 Likes on 657 Posts

Originally Posted by POINTBYATL
Sorry for asking this because I'm sure it's been covered, but what exactly does this fix? Does it happen to fix the timing difference and make it more accurate?? I've hard the PDR can be up to 2 seconds faster than actual.

Thanks
I believe the main thing is that it helps to correct the crapulant colors. For example on mine, the sky would look green instead of blue.

Originally Posted by geo2000
With this update you lose the recorded audio when in valet mode, is that correct?
Yes, no audio when in Valet mode with the update.
geo2000 (04-24-2016)
Old 04-22-2016, 12:35 PM
SharkGrayStingray
Drifting

Originally Posted by geo2000
Originally Posted by Flame Red
I believe the main thing is that it helps to correct the crapulant colors. For example on mine, the sky would look green instead of blue.

Yes, no audio when in Valet mode with the update.
I thought it got rid of Audio too but I just took a quick PDR recording on my way to Costco and it got the radio and me whistling and singing. Don't ask for proof cause u ain't hearing me sing. Lol

Could it be my update didn't work? What is the new software version supposed to be???
Old 04-22-2016, 01:00 PM
fmcokc
Pro

Received 89 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by SharkGrayStingray
I thought it got rid of Audio too but I just took a quick PDR recording on my way to Costco and it got the radio and me whistling and singing. Don't ask for proof cause u ain't hearing me sing. Lol

Could it be my update didn't work? What is the new software version supposed to be???
I think it only kills the audio recording portion during valet mode. It has to do with certain state laws where both parties have to consent to being recorded. When you have it in valet mode it will record the actions of the valet that's parking your car but you're not allowed to record what they say In certain places.
Old 04-22-2016, 01:02 PM
mart86vette
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by fmcokc
I think it only kills the audio recording portion during valet mode. It has to do with certain state laws where both parties have to consent to being recorded. When you have it in valet mode it will record the actions of the valet that's parking your car but you're not allowed to record what they say In certain places.

This is correct.
Old 04-22-2016, 01:16 PM
Greg00Coupe
Race Director

Received 1,983 Likes on 1,142 Posts

i understand some are not tech savvy, but this was so damn easy!! Why can't all/most of the updates be a diy??? it would save GM so much money on dealer visits. I have about 3 more updates i need but don't want to visit the dealer. Always afraid they would scratch/mess up my baby like they did my C6 (i don't go to that dealer anymore, but they are all the same to me)
Even more questionable......... I have a 13 Ford too. Ford sends me Emails with updates. I take a flash drive to my computer and then take it to the car and all is well. Every so often I get a message from the car to do the reverse and the diagnostics are sent up to Ford.

There's an article about future technology on the main forum page. Seems like Ford is light years ahead of chevy with their sync package and I have a 16 C7.
joemessman (04-22-2016)
Old 04-22-2016, 01:21 PM
SharkGrayStingray
Drifting

Originally Posted by fmcokc
Ah, yes, now I remember it's baker mode. Thx

Originally Posted by Greg00Coupe
Even more questionable......... I have a 13 Ford too. Ford sends me Emails with updates. I take a flash drive to my computer and then take it to the car and all is well. Every so often I get a message from the car to do the reverse and the diagnostics are sent up to Ford.

There's an article about future technology on the main forum page. Seems like Ford is light years ahead of chevy with their sync package and I have a 16 C7.
I have an explorer as well and update myself too. Come on Chevy!! Lol
joemessman (04-22-2016)
Old 04-22-2016, 02:10 PM
managerman
Pro

Received 230 Likes on 106 Posts

Does the car need to be fully running to do the update? or just power to the PDR (Acc on)?

-M
Old 04-22-2016, 02:16 PM
Flame Red
Le Mans Master

Received 1,086 Likes on 657 Posts

Originally Posted by managerman
Does the car need to be fully running to do the update? or just power to the PDR (Acc on)?

-M
I just had the car with the ignition on, but engine not running. I would NOT recommend accessory mode. If it let you, the retain power system might power it off in the middle of the update and I bet that would be bad!

Remember, let it update it twice so it so it really takes. You will see the software version number change.

Last edited by Flame Red; 04-22-2016 at 02:17 PM.
managerman (04-22-2016)
Old 04-22-2016, 04:19 PM
Boiler_81
Drifting

Received 429 Likes on 307 Posts

I wish they would allow a DIY solution. I ate up 4 hours of my Monday afternoon getting Android Auto and my Performance Timer updated.

Unfortunately, there have been many threads on this board concerning the operation of the electronics. Many of the issues are very basic. Those people would be a disaster trying to update software.

What is needed is an automated system which the owner could opt into. Downloads could be done over OnStar or home WiFi and then the update could be verified with a call back to a GM server.

Old 04-22-2016, 05:05 PM
LGVette
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default PDR Update

I would like to thank' fmcokc' for posting the software update for the PDR. I copied the files to a 32 Meg smart card and updated my PDR.

Start the car, go to PDR settings as mentioned in a previous post and follow the screen instructions. The car must be in PARK.
It took about 5-10 minutes to update the files. A percentage is shown on the screen. I left the car running but do not know if that is necessary. Didn't want to chance screwing up the program.

I spent about 4 hours last fall at the dealer and there update did not work.

The results are a much improved video recording. I'm happy.
Thanks again.
Old 04-22-2016, 07:48 PM
St!ngray
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 251 Likes on 163 Posts

I use a 1GB SD card. It took about 5 minutes and it was done.
I did format the SD card (FAT) before copying the files to it.

Get notified of new replies

To PDR Update Files: Check your version prior to updating

Old 04-22-2016, 08:43 PM
joemessman
Le Mans Master

Received 3,439 Likes on 2,059 Posts

Ford is in front of GM on the technology front by light years. Not opinion, but a fact.
Old 04-22-2016, 08:45 PM
joemessman
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Boiler_81
I wish they would allow a DIY solution. I ate up 4 hours of my Monday afternoon getting Android Auto and my Performance Timer updated.

Unfortunately, there have been many threads on this board concerning the operation of the electronics. Many of the issues are very basic. Those people would be a disaster trying to update software.

What is needed is an automated system which the owner could opt into. Downloads could be done over OnStar or home WiFi and then the update could be verified with a call back to a GM server.
Yes. These updates should be pushed to us just like a cell phone or a computer. GM needs a new IT department.
Old 04-22-2016, 08:47 PM
joemessman
Le Mans Master

I wouldn't take any chances. Have the car running.

Quick Reply: PDR Update Files: Check your version prior to updating