Sponsored by:

Deck lid won't open

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2016, 01:16 PM
fpcopo
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Default Deck lid won't open

I disconnected the battery to change steering wheel shroud. Upon reconnecting it, everything works fine but my deck lid won't open unless I use the key to do it manually. Fob won't open it, neither will the button by the license plate or on the dash. I can't hear anything trying to pop it either, the opener sounds dead. Thanks.
Old 04-01-2016, 01:21 PM
LDYSTIG
Pro

Received 145 Likes on 83 Posts

I'd try disconnecting and reconnecting the battery again. If that doesn't work, a trip to the dealer may be in order.
Old 04-01-2016, 05:29 PM
fpcopo
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by LDYSTIG
I'd try disconnecting and reconnecting the battery again. If that doesn't work, a trip to the dealer may be in order.
If any of you have troubles after disconnecting your battery, start the car and run it. I got a top not secure message and the drivers door also wouldn't open properly. Started the engine, cycled the top and all the troubles went away, including the deck lid not opening. All the computers must have went crazy.
Old 04-01-2016, 05:34 PM
joemessman
Le Mans Master

Received 3,439 Likes on 2,059 Posts

Originally Posted by fpcopo
If any of you have troubles after disconnecting your battery, start the car and run it. I got a top not secure message and the drivers door also wouldn't open properly. Started the engine, cycled the top and all the troubles went away, including the deck lid not opening. All the computers must have went crazy.
Old 04-01-2016, 05:57 PM
owc6
Team Owner

Received 4,186 Likes on 2,679 Posts

Originally Posted by fpcopo
I disconnected the battery to change steering wheel shroud. Upon reconnecting it, everything works fine but my deck lid won't open unless I use the key to do it manually. Fob won't open it, neither will the button by the license plate or on the dash. I can't hear anything trying to pop it either, the opener sounds dead. Thanks.
Try indexing the windows. After disconnecting the battery, the car may think that your top is either not completely up or completely down.

Last edited by owc6; 04-01-2016 at 05:59 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Deck lid won't open

Quick Reply: Deck lid won't open