Sponsored by:

Myrtle Beach, SC dealerships

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2016, 08:55 AM
Harvette
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Myrtle Beach, SC dealerships

I just moved down to the Myrtle Beach S.C. area from Michigan and was wondering if anyone could recommend at dealership in this area. I am going to miss taking my car to Les Stanford Chevy in Mich. knowing service will be done right
Old 04-23-2016, 09:12 AM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

Google Myrtle Beach Corvette Club. A really good club with lots of activities. I am going to their show in June. After you contact them you will get the advice you are looking for.
The following users liked this post:
time2run (04-23-2016)
Old 04-23-2016, 09:34 AM
time2run
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Contact Adam Brown at Myrtle Beach Cadillac Chevrolet on Hwy 501. Bought my last 2 Corvettes there and they've been great.

If you're interested in the MBCC send me a message. We're gearing up for our annual Corvette show June 4th and it's always a blast.
The following users liked this post:
Bill17601 (04-23-2016)
Old 04-23-2016, 09:55 AM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,608 Likes on 6,621 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill17601
Google Myrtle Beach Corvette Club. A really good club with lots of activities. I am going to their show in June. After you contact them you will get the advice you are looking for.
Good club. I bought my last S-10 (before I got my C6) from Coastal Chevy in Pawley's Island. I was staying at Lichfield (both a short distance South of Myrtle Beach) and the Service Manager was great.
They had a truck in stock that wasn't moving because it had a standard shift. It was a step side, with HD suspension and many extra's I wanted. Got a good deal but found the acceleration from what Chevy spec'd as a higher HP engine was worse than the S-10 V6 I was driving! The Service Manager took it for a ride and said yep they increased the top end power but sacrificed low end torque. If I were you I'd get a Hypertech Programmer! He was a drag racer. Would not be afraid to have his crew change the Vette oil etc.
Followed his recommendation and it was like a different truck, better than my prior S-10! It was worth the high test gas needed with the program I selected.
One other point of interest, GM installed a flattened crossover exhaust pipe probably to match a Ford ground clearance spec, which is also why they probably increased the top end HP, for bragging rights! See pic below. I measured a 50% reduction in pipe area but guess they didn't care since they gained a 1/2 inch of ground clearance! Replaced it when I installed duals with Flowmasters.

S-10 Crossover pipe was flattened on top by GM, probably to match some Ford ground clearance spec! They also increased the HP at high end, probably for the same reason but gave up low end torque.

Last edited by JerryU; 04-23-2016 at 05:16 PM.
Old 04-23-2016, 04:57 PM
pwj155
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by Harvette
I just moved down to the Myrtle Beach S.C. area from Michigan and was wondering if anyone could recommend at dealership in this area. I am going to miss taking my car to Les Stanford Chevy in Mich. knowing service will be done right
i bought my c7 at les stanford from dennis tap. i live in little river and have only needed oil changes. i've been going to palmetto chevy in conway, it's a small dealer and i've been happy with them so far.
p.s. you're gonna love living here!
Old 04-23-2016, 06:35 PM
Fastoldguy
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by pwj155
i bought my c7 at les stanford from dennis tap. i live in little river and have only needed oil changes. i've been going to palmetto chevy in conway, it's a small dealer and i've been happy with them so far.
p.s. you're gonna love living here!
I'm actually in LR also. After the LR Chevy Stealer marking up new C7's almost $20k over sticker in 2014, I have stayed away. They last sent me letter saying I needed to bring my C6 in to have the On Star updated. I'll keep Conway in mind. Talking to one of the MBCC members there's a few independent shops that are OK.
Old 04-23-2016, 06:51 PM
pwj155
Racer

St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by Fastoldguy
I'm actually in LR also. After the LR Chevy Stealer marking up new C7's almost $20k over sticker in 2014, I have stayed away. They last sent me letter saying I needed to bring my C6 in to have the On Star updated. I'll keep Conway in mind. Talking to one of the MBCC members there's a few independent shops that are OK.
i spoke with that dealer in '15 for about 5 minutes and then ordered from les stanford. i got a $65 one way ticket to detroit on spirit airlines (dennis picked me up at the airport) and i drove the car home.
we go to star tavern every wed and fri, great live music every night!
Attached Images  
Old 04-23-2016, 10:42 PM
iridelow
Safety Car

Received 159 Likes on 85 Posts

I am from Myrtle Beach and lived here my whole life, other than some military service. I am also one of the MBCC members from the start of the club. If you come to our annual car show every year, you will meet me, when I judge your car, which I do every year. I am on my 10th vette and I retired from the county police dept. here. I know all the dealerships very well, and I currently work for the best dealership in the area. It's a GMC/Buick dealership, so corvettes are not our specialty. But the best dealership for Corvette service is Myrtle Beach Chevrolet.
Old 05-04-2016, 07:02 AM
Harvette
Advanced

Originally Posted by time2run
Contact Adam Brown at Myrtle Beach Cadillac Chevrolet on Hwy 501. Bought my last 2 Corvettes there and they've been great.

If you're interested in the MBCC send me a message. We're gearing up for our annual Corvette show June 4th and it's always a blast.
Thanks, I just registered for the show on June 4th. I have a DSOM also except it is a Vert. Sorry, Now there is two of us in this area with that color. lol Stop buy and say hi and thanks for the info. Craig
Old 05-04-2016, 07:16 AM
Harvette
Advanced

Originally Posted by pwj155
i spoke with that dealer in '15 for about 5 minutes and then ordered from les stanford. i got a $65 one way ticket to detroit on spirit airlines (dennis picked me up at the airport) and i drove the car home.
we go to star tavern every wed and fri, great live music every night!
Les Stanford is a great Corvette dealership along with George Matick Chevy which is less than 20 miles from Stanford. My nephew is the sales manager at Matick. They are trying to compete with Stanford for Corvette sales which is good for the customer and they probably have 30-40 Vettes in their showroom to look at in person. I was dealing with them and Weston Stanford Les's son when I was looking to order my car but it didn't work out. If your going to be at the Corvette show on June 4th look for me and I will explain why. I have a DSOM Vert and right now still have Michigan plates. Hope to talk to you then. Craig
Old 05-04-2016, 07:18 AM
Harvette
Advanced

Thanks everyone for the info.Craig
Old 05-04-2016, 08:41 AM
pwj155
Racer

St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by Harvette
Les Stanford is a great Corvette dealership along with George Matick Chevy which is less than 20 miles from Stanford. My nephew is the sales manager at Matick. They are trying to compete with Stanford for Corvette sales which is good for the customer and they probably have 30-40 Vettes in their showroom to look at in person. I was dealing with them and Weston Stanford Les's son when I was looking to order my car but it didn't work out. If your going to be at the Corvette show on June 4th look for me and I will explain why. I have a DSOM Vert and right now still have Michigan plates. Hope to talk to you then. Craig
ok, i,ll see you there. i always go to those shows as an observer.
Old 05-04-2016, 12:01 PM
SC427
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts
2023 Restomod of the Year finalist

Default MB Dealer

Not sure who is the best but stay away from the dealer in Little River unless you have deep pockets. To give him some credit, he has a real HOTTIE on his TV commercials.

Get notified of new replies

To Myrtle Beach, SC dealerships

Quick Reply: Myrtle Beach, SC dealerships