Sponsored by:

Oil all over the place

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 10:38 PM
rcooper
Safety Car

Received 676 Likes on 480 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

I would contact the dealer who did the oil change last and ream out the service adviser. Not their fault, and tell them that, but they are the ones who deal with the owner/customer and can relay the info to the service manager and then to the moron who botched up the job.
It is inexcusable to ever let a car leave the lift with out double checking the filter and drain plug(s). Really doubt that they will accept fault but that still would not stop me from raising all kinds of crap about it.
Good that it was not "serious" in that there was no damage done and caught in time.
Good luck on getting some sort of resolve with the offending dealer.
Old 04-28-2016, 10:53 PM
rcooper
Safety Car

Received 676 Likes on 480 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Forgot to add, present the offending dealer with the rental car bill and if they are any kind of responsible they will cover it for you.
Old 04-29-2016, 06:00 AM
Parker Corvette
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why didn't you return the car to the dealership that changed the oil and have them investigate the problem. No--It's not a warranty issue but the dealership should have fixed the problem and paid for the loaner car. How long does it take to find a loose oil filter?
Old 04-29-2016, 12:19 PM
James Bertuca
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

How many others has the same TEC done ? I'm sure not the first or last. I would let them know about it.
Old 04-29-2016, 06:21 PM
Greg00Coupe
Race Director

Received 1,981 Likes on 1,141 Posts

Things happen. Talk to the dealer. If he won't give you money ask him for a discount for $50 on the next change or another vehicle.

A shame it happened but I understand how this can occur just a forgetful moment.

Quick Reply: Oil all over the place