Car arrived with body color vents, didn't order or want

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 02:42 PM
Hoonose
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Svwc
Thanks everyone for your advice
Only seen pictures of the car sent from the salesman. It's a real bummer for sure. Will find out today what the dealer proposes.

<br >
Looks like just the front vents are body color?
Old 04-27-2016, 02:50 PM
RapidC84B
Team Owner

Received 13,167 Likes on 5,991 Posts

Hood, fender, quarter top vent are all body color. The rocker vent stays black.
Old 04-27-2016, 03:41 PM
Richard Ames
Drifting

Received 204 Likes on 162 Posts

I have the Carbon Flash Rear Fender Vents I replaced with ZO6 style vents through a Massdrop group buy. You pay shipping from FL to your location.
Old 04-27-2016, 06:22 PM
drs
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 278 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by dvilin
Once you see the car in person you may change your mind. I think they look great and wish I had gone that route when I ordered mine.
I agree. I actually like the look of body colored vents. But if you don't, I wouldn't settle for it. It will bug you from now own.
Old 04-27-2016, 10:17 PM
Big Lebowski
Le Mans Master

Received 3,994 Likes on 1,678 Posts

Originally Posted by Walt White Coupe
The point is I was responding to post #5.
I get that...and to his comment, I said this option is not for everyone. If you like it, that's all that matters.
Old 04-28-2016, 10:50 AM
terrywerst
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

They'll fix that for you no problem.
Old 05-09-2016, 10:09 PM
Svwc
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

BUMP
dealer checked an extra box, car arrived with body color exterior vents
I didn't order it this way

how difficult is it to have these pieces painted carbon flash ?

again, has anyone replaced these vents, are they difficult to replace ??
Old 05-10-2016, 07:48 PM
Svwc
Advanced

UPDATE

Dealership does not want to take apart a new car to replace these vents, so, I guess I'll have to

it feels like I'm buying a used car, one that I have to live with "what you see is what you get", not one that I factory ordered

Lesson learned, I WILL go through the order next time, and sign off on the options once entered
Old 05-10-2016, 07:58 PM
ssidekickbp
Melting Slicks

Received 1,005 Likes on 328 Posts

UPDATE Dealership does not want to take apart a new car to replace these vents, so, I guess I'll have to it feels like I'm buying a used car, one that I have to live with "what you see is what you get", not one that I factory ordered Lesson learned, I WILL go through the order next time, and sign off on the options once entered
What !!!!!!?!?!? Do not settle for there mistake, make them swap them out. What kind of dealership does not have a qualified tech who can do it?? I would refuse the car and make them order you another or order you the OEM parts from the factory and have them installed. This was there mistake and IT IS on them to fix it. Your the customer. That's not a cheap car to have to settle on what they got wrong.

Last edited by ssidekickbp; 05-10-2016 at 08:10 PM.
Old 05-10-2016, 08:20 PM
SharkGrayStingray
Drifting

Received 185 Likes on 129 Posts

yeah, i understand if they don't want to take a Z06 apart, but that doesn't mean yu have to accept the car. It's their mistake, have them order a new one or go somewhere that can order you what you want
Old 05-10-2016, 08:23 PM
tones_Z
Burning Brakes

Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by ssidekickbp
What !!!!!!?!?!? Do not settle for there mistake, make them swap them out. What kind of dealership does not have a qualified tech who can do it?? I would refuse the car and make them order you another or order you the OEM parts from the factory and have them installed. This was there mistake and IT IS on them to fix it. Your the customer. That's not a cheap car to have to settle on what they got wrong.
^^Exactly.
What dealership is this so I know not to order or buy a car from them? I wouldn't accept it, if it were me.
Good luck!
Old 05-10-2016, 08:24 PM
SK360
Melting Slicks

Received 241 Likes on 146 Posts

UPDATE

Dealership does not want to take apart a new car to replace these vents, so, I guess I'll have to

it feels like I'm buying a used car, one that I have to live with "what you see is what you get", not one that I factory ordered

Lesson learned, I WILL go through the order next time, and sign off on the options once entered
Do not accept as is. It's not your fault.
Old 05-10-2016, 08:43 PM
Svwc
Advanced

Order a new one, Oh, I wish it was so easy
This is a Canadian car, very few z06 come up here
So, if I don't take it, I'll be with out a car this summer, next order delivery is a 2017 for next spring
Old 05-10-2016, 09:07 PM
Stan0324
Drifting

Received 177 Likes on 109 Posts

ACS is in Canada. They installed their vents on my car last year at Carlisle. Took Joseph about 45 minutes to do both sides. Watched him do it and looked pretty straightforward.
Old 05-10-2016, 09:42 PM
Svwc
Advanced

Originally Posted by Stan0324
ACS is in Canada. They installed their vents on my car last year at Carlisle. Took Joseph about 45 minutes to do both sides. Watched him do it and looked pretty straightforward.
ACS, Canadian ?? Who would have guessed, great products
I'm in western Canada, so a quick trip to see Joseph is not going to happen, but the videos on corvette forum does indicate that theses vents are not hard to replace.
Old 05-10-2016, 10:36 PM
rcooper
Safety Car

Received 676 Likes on 480 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

UPDATE

Bull crap. It was there mistake they need to
A) fix it to be as you ordered it
B) replace it with the car you ordered.

I would call Chevrolet Customer Service, and start a dispute with the dealer, get a case number and let them see if they can help.
So what if the dealer does not want to, that is a chicken hit way to treat a customer. Just don't accept the car and go to the BBB.
You have options, this dealer doesn't, you were wronged not them, why would they treat you this way?
I would go to every last resort possible to make this a miserable experience for them. Might be a pain in the rear for you but just the satisfaction that you created a mud hole for them to wallow in would make me feel better about treatment like that. The old " what goes around" is really true. Karma is a bitch.
Best of luck to you.
Old 05-10-2016, 11:48 PM
MickP
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 101 Likes on 58 Posts

I don't know if this has been suggested or not, but are the color match parts that you didn't order extra? If so, go ahead and accept the car but tell the dealer to remove the cost of the parts YOU DIDN'T ORDER! Only fair to me. They should have to pay for their mistake! You are getting a car you didn't order, it's the least they can do.

-Mickey

Last edited by MickP; 05-10-2016 at 11:49 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Car arrived with body color vents, didn't order or want

Old 05-11-2016, 01:58 AM
ZR1OUS
Burning Brakes

Received 156 Likes on 95 Posts

I would have the dealer send you all the parts painted by GM, have the dealer deduct the cost of the option and give you cash for the cost to install the CF parts...
Old 05-11-2016, 02:07 AM
NMC7
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

That's too bad you didn't get the car just as you ordered it. However, I have to say based on the pictures that the car is stunning as is. While the car is by no means common, I have to think that one with body colored vents will be a rare commodity. Of course it's up to you on what you want to do about the car. If you decide to keep it and not change out the vents I think the dealer should make some financial concession for the error. Good luck.
Old 05-11-2016, 02:29 AM
Nice Ride
Drifting

Received 155 Likes on 115 Posts

Actually I think it looks good. Kinda nice to have something different than everyone else IMO. If you force the dealer to replace you might find that they could scratch the paint or have some other issue. Might be better off enjoying as is.

Quick Reply: Car arrived with body color vents, didn't order or want