Sponsored by:

Car arrived with body color vents, didn't order or want

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2016, 06:00 PM
mschuyler
Safety Car

Received 3,818 Likes on 1,614 Posts

Originally Posted by matt3310
That's a real ****** thing to do. That effects there pay. Give the guys who did a good job what they deserve, and put in the comments what you didn't like.
That way it gets seen by GM and the dealership and not penalize the guys who did a good job. A bad survey doesn't effect GM, it effects the salespeople.

I know at our dealership if we get a bad survey they take 10% of my check for 3 months.
I question the legality of doing that, but that being said, SOMEBODY screwed up and should be held accountable. I don't think dinging the finance guy is really fair as he likely had nothing to do with it, but those in the chain of command need to take responsibility. The Captain is responsible for the ship, and everyone from him to the fault point ought to be taken to task for allowing this to happen.
Old 05-29-2016, 06:25 PM
hanks10GS
Burning Brakes

Received 160 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by Stentplacer
I ordered my Z that way. Had nothing but compliments. But you should get what you want!

Everyone's taste is different. I think that the body colored vents look good with certain colors. Torch Red and Arctic White are two of them. I have Shark Gray and thought that there needed to be a little contrast so didn't order it that way. Anyway, this car looks great with the body colored vents (Oh, and the chrome wheels look good on the car too).
The following users liked this post:
Stentplacer (05-29-2016)
Old 05-29-2016, 11:07 PM
Classic-Chevy-Guy
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 273 Likes on 161 Posts

I don't understand why the dealer didn't just order the right vents and install them on the car.

I ordered Body Colored Z06 vents for my Laguna Blue Z51 coupe and installed them per the instructions on this forum.

Seems like better and less costly resolution all around.
Old 05-30-2016, 07:57 AM
terrywerst
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

That's a real ****** thing to do. That effects there pay. Give the guys who did a good job what they deserve, and put in the comments what you didn't like.
That way it gets seen by GM and the dealership and not penalize the guys who did a good job. A bad survey doesn't effect GM, it effects the salespeople.

I know at our dealership if we get a bad survey they take 10% of my check for 3 months.
the salesperson is going to take the biggest hit. He doesn't have any control over the situation either.

No clue why they wouldn't go the extra mile knowing this survey is at stake. That's not how it's done in these parts.
Old 05-30-2016, 10:03 AM
hanks10GS
Burning Brakes

Wow! I don't know what end of the dealership you are at but that seems very extreme to me. 3 Months? A couple of complaints really could have an effect on your household and family.
Old 05-30-2016, 10:59 AM
z51vett
Le Mans Master

Received 277 Likes on 169 Posts

Would not want dealer to paint or install just me. Factory paint last longer if they paint existing vents and they chip guess what color shows thru. Lots of chances to scratch paint doing all vents.
z51vett
Doug
Old 05-30-2016, 11:58 AM
hanks10GS
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by z51vett
Would not want dealer to paint or install just me. Factory paint last longer if they paint existing vents and they chip guess what color shows thru. Lots of chances to scratch paint doing all vents.
z51vett
Doug
Old 05-30-2016, 12:02 PM
Classic-Chevy-Guy
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 273 Likes on 161 Posts

The painted vents are available as GM parts painted from the factory.
Old 05-30-2016, 01:37 PM
vdavenp802
Drifting

Received 87 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by SK360
100% would not accept until they fix it and refund the cost. Worst option on the order sheet.
thos ugly black

Nope best box to check I'd leave them alone, and not mess with pulling panels off. All the black pieces make it look cheap and gaudy IMHO, breaks up flow of car lines too much. Why in the world would you want those ugly black bits here and there, pasted on as an after thought.

Last edited by vdavenp802; 05-30-2016 at 01:37 PM.
Old 05-30-2016, 03:15 PM
mschuyler
Safety Car

Received 3,818 Likes on 1,614 Posts

Originally Posted by terrywerst
the salesperson is going to take the biggest hit. He doesn't have any control over the situation either.

No clue why they wouldn't go the extra mile knowing this survey is at stake. That's not how it's done in these parts.
Unless the sales person writing up the order is the cause of the issue. I would want to be sure that was the case before I dinged him, though. Surely the dealer has a copy of the order sheet. Let them prove their innocence. If they won't show it to you, then you know.

I know they take those surveys seriously. In the last few cars I have bought the sales guy has BEGGED me to give them the highest marks possible and has said, every time, tat if I could not to please PLEASE give them a chance to "make it right" by talking to them about it first.

And that's a problem because GM is not getting good data. It's being coerced.

Quick Reply: Car arrived with body color vents, didn't order or want