Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Test drove a C7, have some questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 05:43 PM
DCortez
Drifting

Received 197 Likes on 136 Posts

Blind spots aren't a problem ... hit the gas and then change lanes!

Seriously, it will take some getting use to and proper mirror adjustment. Like driving a large truck, van, etc., you'll be a pro in no time.
Old 04-28-2016, 05:50 PM
UsernameProtected
Burning Brakes

Received 405 Likes on 248 Posts

I commute about 35 miles each way up and down I-75/I-71 in the Cincinnati/N Kentucky area, plus about 5 miles of "in-town" driving. My morning drive is usually after rush hour, while the return trip usually hits downtown Cincinnati on I-71 around 4:45 p.m.'ish (beginning of stop & go rush hour). So far, I'm averaging about 23 m.p.g. without using eco-mode. I generally don't drive too hard, and my speed is 55-75 m.p.h. on the interstate.

I have some block-it mats from my C6. I am going to put them in the C7, and measure the difference in sound level. I just got a "real" dB meter to augment the AudioTools app on my iPhone, so I've been taking some baseline measurements before adding the mats.

I have installed the CAGS-eliminator. Takes about ten minutes, once you have the rear end of the car up. The cost was about $20.

My driveway has those stupid curbs you have to drive over, because in this part of the world they haven't figured out how to transition to the street properly. My C7 doesn't need to be angled to clear it (yet...I plan to lower on stock bolts soon), but my former C6 Z06 with front splitter did. The stock C7 sits pretty high relative to my old C6, and right now I can easily pull over parking blocks if I really wanted to (I don't).

Hope this helps. Feel free to P.M. me if you have any other questions.
Old 04-28-2016, 07:28 PM
thrilled
Safety Car

Received 618 Likes on 455 Posts

Originally Posted by DCortez
Blind spots aren't a problem ... hit the gas and then change lanes!

Seriously, it will take some getting use to and proper mirror adjustment. Like driving a large truck, van, etc., you'll be a pro in no time.
You beat me to it.Your spot on.Accelerate and change lanes,what mirror.

Quick Reply: Test drove a C7, have some questions