C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road and Track comparison cayman s vs m4 vs c7 z51. One is an assassin...good read.

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 11:05 PM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

Default Road and Track comparison cayman s vs m4 vs c7 z51. One is an assassin...good read.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars...n-test-review/
Old 05-01-2016, 11:41 PM
NoOne
Team Owner

Received 503 Likes on 247 Posts

1.5 years ago.
Old 05-02-2016, 06:51 AM
JerriVette
Race Director

The article just released. I've done a search and can't find this comparison test on the site.

If you could provide a link I d appreciate it.

I've waited quite a long time to not hear the whining s of the media regurgitate how crappy the corvettes interior was...lol

Not that I ever gave a crap....it's always been the performance superiority of the corvette that impressed most of us anyway...

Still road and tracks review was impressive and they actually picked the corvette as the Assassin cracked me up.

Hope those of you corvette enthusiasts enjoy the read...and sorry for those who prefer other brands such as Porsche...

I dig the Porsche and the BMW ....both great cars but in this review...the vette was chosen numero uno

Last edited by JerriVette; 05-02-2016 at 06:52 AM.
Old 05-02-2016, 06:55 AM
alamo1974
Drifting

Received 82 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by JerriVette
The article just released. I've done a search and can't find this comparison test on the site.

I've waited quite a long time to not hear the whining s of the media regurgitate how crappy the corvettes interior was...lol

Not that I ever gave a crap....it's always been the performance superiority of the corvette that impressed most of us anyway...

Still road and tracks review was impressive and they actually picked the corvette as the Assassin cracked me up.

Hope those of you corvette enthusiasts enjoy the read...and sorry for those who prefer other brands such as Porsche...

I dig the Porsche and the BMW ....both great cars but in this review...the vette was chosen numero uno
I read the article and the vette was #1 overall
Old 05-02-2016, 07:56 AM
rcooper
Safety Car

Received 676 Likes on 480 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Might be 1.5 years old but still a nice read.
Thanks for the post.
Old 05-02-2016, 08:06 AM
JerriVette
Race Director

your right guys...sorry about that...I had not seen that article before. Please accept my apologies...

I'm still impressed to see such a positive review ....

I never saw that article before,,,

I would have remembered road and track calling the corvette an assassin,,,

That cracked me up....

It must have killed many a journalist to read even the interior got high marks...

It's been decades we ve had to listen to the whines of journalist panning the corvette interiors...lol
Old 05-02-2016, 08:08 AM
MikeC4C5C6...C7
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 199 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by rcooper
Might be 1.5 years old but still a nice read.
Thanks for the post.
Agree. With all the attention since then about the Z06/07 and now the GS, it's nice to be reminded that we Z51 owners are driving a great car too!
Old 05-02-2016, 08:18 AM
JerriVette
Race Director

Yes c7 z51 is still awesome....hell that's probably faster top end too...lol

Sleek and sexy plus it crushes the German competition too
Old 05-02-2016, 03:59 PM
River Rat
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Id like to read the comparison between the M2 and the Camero. I wonder how the V6 and turbo 4 would match the M2s turbo 6? I think the M2 is lighter, but...
Old 05-02-2016, 04:43 PM
NoOne
Team Owner

Received 503 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by JerriVette

It's right in the article, lower left.
Old 05-03-2016, 10:07 AM
JerriVette
Race Director

Thanks...I never saw the article and somehow it popped up.

I thought it was still revel ant ...I see quite a few corvette enthusiasts have enjoyed the read...

But still thank you for bringing the date to the forefront.

I'm sure the latest 350 hp cayman S with its new turbocharged engine will preform even better. It's not just the 35 extra hp but the very strong torque curve improvement.

I'm sure the corvette z51 will still hold a track lead and the c7 is the first generation that wins on interior accommodation according to this road and track article...

Just a fun read.
Old 05-03-2016, 10:58 AM
svt1
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 13 Posts

Great article and that was a great day at Lime Rock. I was there that day running my Carrera S, and I spoke with some of the editors about the cars. The 2 I spoke with universally agreed that the C7 was their favorite OVERALL car.

They were in my run group at one point doing a photo shoot, and boy were their racing lines awful. I assume it had to do with them trying to configure the cars properly for the photo shoot, I hope, because it was sub-rookie level. On the straights I remember the M4 being extremely quick, although I was in a 997.1 Carrera S so that would explain that. At the time I wanted the M4, until I test drove it shortly after seeing the one featured in this article. Way too "isolated" feeling of a car. Quick, but it felt like you were just going along for the ride, no real sensation of speed.

Get notified of new replies

To Road and Track comparison cayman s vs m4 vs c7 z51. One is an assassin...good read.

Quick Reply: Road and Track comparison cayman s vs m4 vs c7 z51. One is an assassin...good read.