C7 new owner-first impressions.

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2016, 09:17 AM
Riding Dirty
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 11 Posts

Default C7 new owner-first impressions.

I love this car!

Took delivery Wednesday night on my Base 2LT coupe, A8, AW, Red int, black rims, carbon badges Z51 spoiler. I had ordered the car 6 weeks earlier, must have got lucky with the production schedule. Build date was 5/9. The $2,000 owner loyalty rebate for May was icing on the cake. I ordered the car because I could not find the exact configuration I wanted, at any dealer. I was searching within 250 miles, as I planned on going there with my C6 as trade-in and leaving with a new car. Ordering the car added an extra dimension to the process, it definitely builds excitement about getting the car. I felt like a kid waiting for Christmas. I haven't had that kind of excitement over something I was purchasing in a long time. Also, it's nice to know your getting the exact configuration you want. Everything on my order was a must have, for me. Of the white cars available at dealers, they were usually Z51 or if base they usually were 1LT, if the dealer had a white base 2LT the interior was black, etc. etc..

I use my car as a daily driver and for long trips with my wife, sometimes up to 900 miles in a day. I had a 2007 C6 for this purpose and it worked well. I had it for 9 years and pretty much just replaced tires, brake pads, oil changes, maintenance items, etc.. At 93,000 miles the brake rotors were still original. Earlier, this year it required a new master cylinder then a new rear hub assembly. It was was great after that and the motor was still running strong and not consuming any noticeable amount of oil between changes. Regardless, I decided it was time to pull the trigger on a new car.

After researching opinions on base and Z51, I decided that the base suspension would suit my purpose best. Z51 would probably reduce driving enjoyment for my purpose. It will be a daily driver in stop and go traffic for 25-30 minutes each way. Also, used for some occasional long highway trips. I'll put about 10,000 miles a year on it. The odds of it seeing a track are pretty slim. I could have gone Z51 with mag ride to bring it close to base comfort, however, I couldn't see spending the extra money to achieve what I wanted with just the base car. I got the A8 because of the daily stop and go traffic. It's nice to be able to chill out and listen to the radio, when stuck in traffic.

I took delivery of the car Wednesday 5/18 evening with 2 miles on the odometer. I promptly put 40 miles on the car, with varied rpm's and bursts to 4,000+ rpm's. The next morning would be stop and go traffic and I did not want to waste those critical first miles of break-in. I'm a believer that modern engines have better cylinder honing when new, and as a result those first 20 - 60 miles are even more critical in getting the rings well seated. I wasn't going crazy, but not babying it either.

After my first few days of ownership, I couldn't be happier. The ride and handling is much better than the C6. The steering is precise and agile. The ride is comfortable yet firm and taught. It absorbs bumps better, the C6 had some harshness. Noise levels are very low, both exhaust and tire. I was amazed at how quiet the base C7 is. It makes listening to the radio and having a conversation much better, especially on a long highway trip. Noise adds to driver fatigue over a long drive. I had previously used Dynamat on the C6 and it was still was louder than the C7. I don't know if I'll bother with any sound deaden-er on the C7. The motor is smoother and accelerates crisply. The interior is beautiful and the seats comfortable. I can see what people mean by the right side visibility. However, after a couple days, I find that I am quickly adapting.

Friends, family, co-workers love the car. People think it looks like it belongs on a race track. It has a bad *** look to it.

Here it is in the garage with it's stable mate.

Last edited by Riding Dirty; 05-22-2016 at 06:51 AM.
The following 12 users liked this post by Riding Dirty:
dpb (05-21-2016), Gonzo (05-21-2016), Hopper12 (05-21-2016), JimNeedsC7 (05-21-2016), JustinStrife (05-21-2016), L8ter (05-21-2016), Makitso (05-21-2016), proexpert (05-21-2016), Rebel Yell (05-21-2016), redandtan (05-22-2016), witch hunt (05-21-2016), XXC7 (05-21-2016) and 7 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-21-2016, 10:27 AM
UsernameProtected
Burning Brakes

Received 405 Likes on 248 Posts

Congratulations! I ordered also. It's nice to get exactly what you want. What color interior did you order?
Old 05-21-2016, 10:57 AM
Riding Dirty
Advanced

Originally Posted by UsernameProtected
Congratulations! I ordered also. It's nice to get exactly what you want. What color interior did you order?
Red interior. Everyone that's seen it thinks it looks stunning and coordinates well with the red calipers.
Old 05-21-2016, 10:59 AM
UsernameProtected
Burning Brakes

Received 405 Likes on 248 Posts

I agree. Arctic White and Adrenaline Red look great together.
Old 05-21-2016, 01:07 PM
Rooster OG
Le Mans Master

Received 1,694 Likes on 1,240 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Its fun ordering exactly what you want isn't it? Congrats!
Old 05-21-2016, 02:05 PM
Riding Dirty
Advanced

Originally Posted by UsernameProtected
I agree. Arctic White and Adrenaline Red look great together.
I'm glad more people do not order it. It would be boring.
Old 05-21-2016, 02:12 PM
L8ter
Melting Slicks

Received 929 Likes on 522 Posts

to the stablemate too!
Old 05-21-2016, 03:17 PM
witch hunt
Burning Brakes

Received 223 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by Riding Dirty
I'm glad more people do not order it. It would be boring.
white/red int has got to be in top 5 sold of all C7 color combos---yours looks great, post some "outdoor" pics if you get a chance

Last edited by witch hunt; 05-21-2016 at 03:19 PM.
Old 05-21-2016, 04:03 PM
sdk
Drifting

Received 73 Likes on 38 Posts

Congratulations!! The C7 is certainly a great daily driver.
Old 05-21-2016, 04:03 PM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,928 Likes on 4,810 Posts

Good review, enjoy your new Vette.
Old 05-21-2016, 04:09 PM
Hopper12
Melting Slicks

Received 2,063 Likes on 980 Posts

Beautiful combination - I like your truck too!

We used ours for the same reason - great road trip car. If you do decide to consider sound deadening, this link may help: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...surements.html

Enjoy your new C7!
Old 05-21-2016, 05:45 PM
Rebel Yell
Le Mans Master

Received 2,639 Likes on 1,702 Posts

Congratulations, it's a beautiful color combo.
Old 05-21-2016, 05:53 PM
DCortez
Drifting

Received 197 Likes on 136 Posts

Grats!

I don't have many material possessions that I love having/using. My C7 is one.
Old 05-21-2016, 06:40 PM
bbcb
Burning Brakes

Received 86 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Riding Dirty
I love this car!

Took delivery Wednesday night on my Base 2LT coupe, A8, AW, Red int, black rims, carbon badges Z51 spoiler. I had ordered the car 6 weeks earlier, must have got lucky with the production schedule. Build date was 5/9. The $2,000 owner loyalty rebate for May was icing on the cake. I ordered the car because I could not find the exact configuration I wanted, at any dealer. I was searching within 250 miles, as I planned on going there with my C6 as trade-in and leaving with a new car. Ordering the car added an extra dimension to the process, it definitely builds excitement about getting the car. Also, it's nice to know your getting the exact configuration you want. Everything on my order was a must have, for me. Of the white cars available at dealers, they were usually Z51 or if base they usually were 1LT, if the dealer had a white base 2LT the interior was black, etc. etc..

I use my car as a daily driver and for long trips with my wife, sometimes up to 900 miles in a day. I had a 2007 C6 for this purpose and it worked well. I had it for 9 years and pretty much just replaced tires, brake pads, oil changes, maintenance items, etc.. At 93,000 miles the brake rotors were still original. Earlier, this year it required a new master cylinder then a new rear hub assembly. It was was great after that and the motor was still running strong and not consuming any noticeable amount of oil between changes. Regardless, I decided it was time to pull the trigger on a new car.

After researching opinions on base and Z51, I decided that the base suspension would suit my purpose best. Z51 would probably reduce driving enjoyment for my purpose. It will be a daily driver in stop and go traffic for 25-30 minutes each way. Also, used for some occasional long highway trips. I'll put about 10,000 miles a year on it. The odds of it seeing a track are pretty slim. I could have gone Z51 with mag ride to bring it close to base comfort, however, I couldn't see spending the extra money to achieve what I wanted with just the base car. I got the A8 because of the daily stop and go traffic. It's nice to be able to chill out and listen to the radio, when stuck in traffic.

I took delivery of the car Wednesday 5/18 evening with 2 miles on the odometer. I promptly put 40 miles on the car, with varied rpm's and bursts to 4,000+ rpm's. The next morning would be stop and go traffic and I did not want to waste those critical first miles of break-in. I'm a believer that modern engines have better cylinder honing when new, and as a result those first 20 - 60 miles are even more critical in getting the rings well seated. I wasn't going crazy, but not babying it either.

After my first few days of ownership, I couldn't be happier. The ride and handling is much better than the C6. The steering is precise and agile. The ride is comfortable yet firm and taught. It absorbs bumps better, the C6 had some harshness. Noise levels are very low, both exhaust and tire. I was amazed at how quiet the base C7 is. It makes listening to the radio and having a conversation much better, especially on a long highway trip. Noise adds to driver fatigue over a long drive. I had previously used Dynamat on the C6 and it was still was louder than the C7. I don't know if I'll bother with any sound deaden-er on the C7. The motor is smoother and accelerates crisply. The interior is beautiful and the seats comfortable. I can see what people mean by the right side visibility. However, after a couple days, I find that I am quickly adapting.

Friends, family, co-workers love the car. People think it looks like it belongs on a race track. It has a bad *** look to it.

Here it is in the garage with it's stable mate.

just like mine ..sharp ..except i have the grey painted wheels ...
Old 05-21-2016, 10:34 PM
rcooper
Safety Car

Received 676 Likes on 480 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Check my avatar...other than the spoiler it should look like yours, right down to the 2lt A/R interior. Like yours mine is a DD with 21,500 miles in 14 months, but I got the M7. Congratulations.
Old 05-22-2016, 12:33 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,305 Likes on 13,977 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Congrats on getting exactly the car you wanted. Enjoy that new ride.
Old 05-22-2016, 01:13 AM
Wilkmanracing
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Congrats!

Congrats! I've never owned a Corvette before, so it's nice to hear such a rave review from an owner of the previous model. My dealer notified me that my car had been completed May 12, so based on his prediction and your experience, I expect to take delivery of mine next week. Mine's a 1Lt with Torch Red exterior. Otherwise it's the same as your car. Can't wait!

Bill Wilkman

Get notified of new replies

To C7 new owner-first impressions.

Old 05-22-2016, 06:49 AM
Riding Dirty
Advanced

Originally Posted by Wilkmanracing
Congrats! I've never owned a Corvette before, so it's nice to hear such a rave review from an owner of the previous model. My dealer notified me that my car had been completed May 12, so based on his prediction and your experience, I expect to take delivery of mine next week. Mine's a 1Lt with Torch Red exterior. Otherwise it's the same as your car. Can't wait!

Bill Wilkman
Waiting for it to come from the factory, definitely adds excitement to the process. It's funny that when you see "your" car at the dealer, it somehow looks nicer than the others. It feels more special, having been built to your choices and having had to wait for it.

Enjoy the delivery process this week! It's a lot of fun.
Old 05-22-2016, 08:03 AM
Always Red Dave
Le Mans Master

Received 3,117 Likes on 1,736 Posts
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Unmodified

White looks great on the C7 !
Old 05-22-2016, 09:51 AM
bigblock427
Le Mans Master

Received 1,347 Likes on 1,058 Posts

Congratulations on your new Vette. I am sure you will enjoy owning and driving it daily.

I also own an AW daily driver. I have driven mine nearly 24,000 miles in the two years I have owned mine.

Quick Reply: C7 new owner-first impressions.