Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2016, 12:33 PM
bbcb
Burning Brakes

Received 86 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06 1of38
Well said and deadly accurate.

Okay......ummmm.....

Yep. Deal with it, reality is harsh and words hurt.
Tks ..yet another good laugh !
Old 05-29-2016, 12:43 PM
bbcb
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 555ctsv
Lol very true! A friend's suv is doing the same thing, and the owner of the shop that tunes my car has a truck with the same problem. Definitely not just a C7 problem unfortunately
A disgrace ... similar to what I have been told ... sad to say but the word is getting around as it should... not going to help resale ..kind of takes the fun away ... purchased this toy against my better judgement..but after decades I thought I would give GM another shot...plus the C7 was in third year of production .... oh well ... it sure is a nice looking car ..with plenty of power ..but ...
Old 05-29-2016, 01:14 PM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

Received 2,379 Likes on 1,238 Posts

Originally Posted by bbcb
You just gave me a good laugh ... tks....
Between all your nervous laughter, I'll ask again.....what problems are YOU having with the A8 in your Corvette?
Old 05-29-2016, 01:47 PM
bbcb
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Higgs Boson
Between all your nervous laughter, I'll ask again.....what problems are YOU having with the A8 in your Corvette?
Now at least attempt to be polite ... even though it may hurt... Rather than me re-posting the issues that I have had,perhaps your time would be well spent researching my posts regarding the same. Although it may take time away from the laughter that you do provide ...
Old 05-29-2016, 02:16 PM
kp
Melting Slicks

Received 119 Likes on 96 Posts

A disgrace ... similar to what I have been told ... sad to say but the word is getting around as it should... not going to help resale ..kind of takes the fun away ... purchased this toy against my better judgement..but after decades I thought I would give GM another shot...plus the C7 was in third year of production .... oh well ... it sure is a nice looking car ..with plenty of power ..but ...
Honestly if I had problems and hated the trans and GM as much as you I would have moved on and sold/traded the car long ago. Either you are retired or work for Ford or something because even if you were paid 10.00 an hour to post you would have lost less money trading the car in and moving on rather than posting on CF

I know what its like to get a sh*tty new car truck, I also know what my time is worth, sometimes its best just to eliminate the worry and drive something else.

Last edited by kp; 05-29-2016 at 02:17 PM.
Old 05-29-2016, 04:30 PM
pilewis
Intermediate
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My goodness!! I didn't realize I was stirring up a "hornet's nest!"

I just wanted folks to know that it's possible to get a replacement transmission. I love my car! I hope all you C7 A8 drivers love your's too!

Of course I might be a little biased... I am president of the Glass Class Corvette Club of Marietta, GA.

By the way, only 2 of us (out of 230 members) with A8's have had my problem. Not a terrible record. How many thousand A8's were produced!?

Have fun in life... Never take it too seriously... and when you can, put the top down!!
Old 05-29-2016, 04:31 PM
pilewis
Intermediate
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

http://cgcorvetteclub.com/Officers.htm
Old 05-29-2016, 05:30 PM
Z06 1of38
Drifting

Received 677 Likes on 333 Posts

Now at least attempt to be polite ... even though it may hurt... Rather than me re-posting the issues that I have had,perhaps your time would be well spent researching my posts regarding the same. Although it may take time away from the laughter that you do provide ...
Search under your current user name or your former user name?

Lol
Old 05-29-2016, 06:35 PM
jmoses52
Pro

Received 67 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by pilewis
Hello all!

I just wanted to let youall know that it's possible to get a new replacement A8 if you are having problems.

My transmission was diagnosed with double engagement ( I had that hard shifting problem in the morning that some of you have also had). The dealer has ordered a new transmission for me, and I should receive it sometime this week or early next week. I've had this problem for a long time, and a different dealer tried a software upgrade and a new torque converter and neither of these fixed the problem . So now with a new transmission I should be able to start enjoying my Z 51 again!

I took delivery of my car in October 2014. So it was a early production transmission. I'm hoping that this is a 2016 transmission and that it will be better.
I got my 2015 A8 back on October 3 2014. After numerous attempts to fix the transmission, I'm getting a new car from GM. Switching to a manual this time.
Old 05-30-2016, 03:20 PM
Jeffer
Burning Brakes

Received 67 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by jmoses52
I got my 2015 A8 back on October 3 2014. After numerous attempts to fix the transmission, I'm getting a new car from GM. Switching to a manual this time.
it is not a question of complaining so you must sell and leave as others have suggested,

I as well as jmoses52 would sell it back to GM in a heartbeat for what I paid NOW

I have a DSOM 2016 and got it ordered when I heard they may not make it anymore, as I missed out on the green 2015.

now I want my 2013GS back

well GM customer service can you help,

and I do not mean the 8 visits before the TC or tranny is possibly fixed, give me my money back.

Had the problems been known to exist from a recall I would rather walk than drive my broken vette,

instead of the corvette summer it will be the summer of walking home 2 hours from the dealership every weeks

WOW that is something the brochures covered it must be a extra

Jeffer2016DSOM
Old 05-30-2016, 03:48 PM
bbcb
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Jeffer
it is not a question of complaining so you must sell and leave as others have suggested,

I as well as jmoses52 would sell it back to GM in a heartbeat for what I paid NOW

I have a DSOM 2016 and got it ordered when I heard they may not make it anymore, as I missed out on the green 2015.

now I want my 2013GS back

well GM customer service can you help,

and I do not mean the 8 visits before the TC or tranny is possibly fixed, give me my money back.

Had the problems been known to exist from a recall I would rather walk than drive my broken vette,

instead of the corvette summer it will be the summer of walking home 2 hours from the dealership every weeks

WOW that is something the brochures covered it must be a extra

Jeffer2016DSOM
when they offer to buy your car back ..send them my way please... because of this car .. I have learned what T.C. are.. TSB ..re-flash ..clunking tranny...and many other terms I did not know...nor did I care to. I have been used to buying cars and driving them ..change oil...and maybe a flat tire every 15 years....

Quick Reply: I'm getting a new A8 for my 2015 C7