Sponsored by:

Help with CarPlay

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2016, 01:35 AM
maugust24
Pro

Received 75 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Help with CarPlay

What am I doing wrong? When I connect my iPhone 6S its only showing 1/3 of my music on the car touch screen. If I open the phone every song is available. Also if I pick an artist or album it will only play that one song or that one album and then I have to select another song, album or artist. I have it set to shuffle. Its driving me MAD !!!

Last edited by maugust24; 05-30-2016 at 01:36 AM.
Old 05-30-2016, 11:12 AM
RichinCincy
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by maugust24
What am I doing wrong? When I connect my iPhone 6S its only showing 1/3 of my music on the car touch screen. If I open the phone every song is available. Also if I pick an artist or album it will only play that one song or that one album and then I have to select another song, album or artist. I have it set to shuffle. Its driving me MAD !!!

Mine did the exact same thing. I unplugged my phone and plugged it back in a few times and all of my music eventually showed up. I was really excited about CarPlay when I bought my car, but now.. meh.. actually, super meh... I rarely use it. I just stream bluetooth audio from my phone or dump MP3's on a thumb drive. That way I can actually change play lists etc with using the stupid voice commands.
Old 05-30-2016, 11:17 AM
ZR-1DUDE
Drifting

Received 405 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by maugust24
What software version on your iPhone?

D.
Old 05-30-2016, 11:56 AM
maugust24
Pro

Originally Posted by RichinCincy
Mine did the exact same thing. I unplugged my phone and plugged it back in a few times and all of my music eventually showed up. I was really excited about CarPlay when I bought my car, but now.. meh.. actually, super meh... I rarely use it. I just stream bluetooth audio from my phone or dump MP3's on a thumb drive. That way I can actually change play lists etc with using the stupid voice commands.
I have tried the plug and unplug thing and still does the same thing.
Old 05-30-2016, 11:58 AM
maugust24
Pro

Originally Posted by zr-1dude
what software version on your iphone?

D.
Old 05-30-2016, 04:13 PM
UsernameProtected
Burning Brakes

Received 405 Likes on 248 Posts

CarPlay is basically useless for anything. I either select songs through the DIC interface with the steering wheel controls, or hold the phone button down to request Siri play albums/songs via Bluetooth.

If CarPlay played nicely with WAZE, I might consider using it again, but it won't because Apple knows their Maps app is inferior to WAZE.
Old 05-30-2016, 09:08 PM
JoeCT
Racer

Received 93 Likes on 51 Posts

When you say it only shows 1/3 of your music, does it say "more" where it stops? I think the issue is that the CarPlay interface will only show a given number of songs or artists or whatever, before it wants you to use voice commands. It seems designed to limit manual usage and thereby limit distraction. For instance, you may notice that artist or song selection is different when you're parked. When parked, the interface looks and works a little differently. You can browse your whole library and even jump through long lists alphabetically.

After some early issues with iCloud music library that have since been fixed, I've grown to like CarPlay. It's not perfect but it does a good job of letting you drive instead of fiddling and for me, I need that sort of intervention.

Last edited by JoeCT; 05-30-2016 at 09:09 PM.
The following users liked this post:
maugust24 (05-31-2016)
Old 05-31-2016, 01:33 AM
maugust24
Pro

Originally Posted by JoeCT
When you say it only shows 1/3 of your music, does it say "more" where it stops? I think the issue is that the CarPlay interface will only show a given number of songs or artists or whatever, before it wants you to use voice commands. It seems designed to limit manual usage and thereby limit distraction. For instance, you may notice that artist or song selection is different when you're parked. When parked, the interface looks and works a little differently. You can browse your whole library and even jump through long lists alphabetically.

After some early issues with iCloud music library that have since been fixed, I've grown to like CarPlay. It's not perfect but it does a good job of letting you drive instead of fiddling and for me, I need that sort of intervention.
It does say "more" at the bottom and when you click it it goes to voice command. I will have to see if it offers more when parked.

Get notified of new replies

To Help with CarPlay

Quick Reply: Help with CarPlay