Sponsored by:

Master Blaster

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2016, 07:43 PM
TyBoo
Burning Brakes

Received 413 Likes on 241 Posts
Default Master Blaster

This is quoting from the stuck brake thread but in order to not hijack it I chose to fire up a new one.

Originally Posted by LIE2ME
I use my "Master Blaster" to dry the wheels. No problem since I started doing this...
Oh really? I didn't even know about this thing.

Amazon has the Air Force Master Blaster Revolution with 30' Hose for four hundred bucks. Is it worth it, in your opinion?

The ads say it will dry the car in about fifteen minutes, which isn't much quicker than it takes to do it by hand, but this machine must certainly do a much more thorough job of getting the gaps and cracks dry and is relatively touch free.

I am not a rich man (and I recently found out I am dumber than a mode selector ****), but I do have the dreaded combination of OCD/laziness. So if you say this blaster is worth the cost, I'm buying one. Don't let me down!

I am interested in all ideas to efficiently dry my black Vette after washing, be it chamois (I have even priced wringers), the Absorber towels, or other blower types.

Thanks!

Last edited by TyBoo; 07-08-2016 at 09:08 PM.
Old 07-08-2016, 07:49 PM
defaria
Safety Car

Received 1,203 Likes on 732 Posts

Never experienced my brakes ceasing because they got wet so to me it's a waste of $400.
Old 07-08-2016, 07:50 PM
Flame Red
Le Mans Master

Received 1,086 Likes on 657 Posts

Depends.

If you got $ for every widget - go for it.

Me, I have a leaf blower and that works just fine for me. I like using a gas blower as there is no cord to hassle with. I use what I got.

I know what will be posted here. "Gee, a leaf blower sucks up all the dirt and pollen in the air and you are blowing it on your $100k car!" Well duh, I guess driving it at 70 MPH it does not get blasted by that same unsafe non-filter air that we all breath in. I guess I better start wearing a gas mask? Maybe I should have a lead car with a giant filter blocking all the particulates running in front of me?

Maybe if I were Jay Leno I would have a Master Blaster.

Last edited by Flame Red; 07-08-2016 at 07:53 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by Flame Red:
Bill17601 (07-13-2016), Mike98SilVert (07-09-2016), Rebel Yell (07-09-2016), VNAMVET (07-09-2016)
Old 07-08-2016, 07:51 PM
NoOne
Team Owner

Received 503 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by TyBoo
This is quoting from the stuck brake thread but in order to not hijack it I chose to fire up a new one.

Oh really? I didn't even know about this thing.

Amazon has the Air Force Master Blaster Revolution with 30' Hose for four hundred bucks. Is it worth it, in your opinion?

The ads say it will dry the car in about fifteen minutes, which isn't much quicker than it takes to do it by hand, but this machine must certainly do a much more thorough job of getting the gaps and cracks dry and is relatively touch free.

I am not a rich man (and I recently found out I am dumber than a mode seledtor ****), but I do have the dreaded combination of OCD/laziness. So if you say this blaster is worth the cost, I'm buying one. Don't let me down!

I am interested in all ideas to efficiently dry my black Vette after washing, be it chamois (I have even priced wringers), the Absorber towels, or other blower types.

Thanks!

I do not doubt its worth it. Is it worth the cost. Only reason I have not bought one yet is I'm trying to see if a cheaper alternative exists.

Probably not because $400 air dryers is not a big market and I doubt $200 are either. I've heard of people buy them refurb'd by the manufacturer and having good luck.
Old 07-08-2016, 07:54 PM
mdiiulio
Burning Brakes

Received 185 Likes on 110 Posts

The master blaster is pretty sweet for drying your car. They have a bunch of different sizes, but the big one is the one I use, because in LA the humidity was near zero and the water was hard as hell, so I needed it dry quick. I will say however, I most certainly did not pay $400 for it. I bet a good internet search will find some for cheaper.
Old 07-08-2016, 07:58 PM
tcotta411
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 50 Posts

My car and wheels have been coated with CQUARTZ Finest. Whenever I wash my car, I dry with my Master Blaster. With the Master Blaster, I don't even have to wipe with a microfiber cloth.

Wash. Dry with Master Blaster. Done.

I'm OCD....it takes me about 7-8 minutes to fully dry my car. I also use it on the interior to blow dust and pollen. Never have to use a vacuum anymore either.

The dryer I have is 4hp. It was $150 in excellent USED condition on eBay. It also came with a base that has wheels for mobility.

Last edited by tcotta411; 07-08-2016 at 08:07 PM.
Old 07-08-2016, 07:59 PM
Boozman
Le Mans Master

Received 58 Likes on 54 Posts

Ive had one for over 10 years it drys all the cracks and crevices with hot air and you can go right into waxing.
The following users liked this post:
Monkey D. Luffy (07-13-2016)
Old 07-08-2016, 08:20 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

I used to use an electric leaf blower to dry my cars and it worked quite well. I now use a Master Blaster and it works much better. Not only does it put out much more air, it also warms the air which increases its drying capacity. I will never use any other method to dry my vehicles.

BTW, if you don't mind moving the canister one time (from one side of the car to the other) during the drying process, you can easily get by with the standard 10-foot hose and save some money.
Old 07-08-2016, 08:26 PM
Marc DeSatnik
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by tcotta411
My car and wheels have been coated with CQUARTZ Finest. Whenever I wash my car, I dry with my Master Blaster. With the Master Blaster, I don't even have to wipe with a microfiber cloth.

Wash. Dry with Master Blaster. Done.

I'm OCD....it takes me about 7-8 minutes to fully dry my car. I also use it on the interior to blow dust and pollen. Never have to use a vacuum anymore either.

The dryer I have is 4hp. It was $150 in excellent USED condition on eBay. It also came with a base that has wheels for mobility.

You actually have the Metro Blaster B-3.

The Master Blaster is a 8hp blower.
tcotta411 (07-08-2016)
Old 07-08-2016, 08:27 PM
Black 03 Z06
Le Mans Master

Received 540 Likes on 390 Posts

I can tell you I did not pay $400 for mine but after having used it now for a couple of years I would have paid that for it. It is a great machine, dries the car without ever touching it with a cloth. Cracks, crevices, mirrors, side lights, trim you name it it takes the water out of it.

I got mine off ebay it is the 4 + 4 horsepower model for less than $300. Great investment.
Old 07-08-2016, 08:32 PM
08G8V8
Racer

Received 92 Likes on 79 Posts

I'm sure my neighbors think I'm a freak, but I could care less. I can dry the car in 15 minutes with towels, or 15 minutes with the Master Blaster, but when done with the Master Blaster, I know all the water is out of all the crevices and I won't have drips afterward.
Old 07-08-2016, 08:41 PM
///ADMAN
Melting Slicks

Received 471 Likes on 307 Posts

Also referencing the stuck brake thread: ^^^ This will dry the car before you have a chance to even finish washing it
Old 07-08-2016, 08:46 PM
Steve_R
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,289 Likes on 1,399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by defaria
Never experienced my brakes ceasing because they got wet so to me it's a waste of $400.

I go to the local wand car wash. When I get home it's pretty dry already.

I'm not OCD about my C7. It's a car to me.
Old 07-08-2016, 08:57 PM
Drmike12
Heel & Toe

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts

I love my Master Blaster. 8 peak horsepower. I have had it for over 4 years. I do the majority of the drying with it, takes less than 5 minutes. Then I use a microfiber towel for about 2 minutes to finish drying. Much quicker and easier than using just towels and you don't get streaks like you do from using just towels. It is worth the money.
Old 07-08-2016, 09:15 PM
Stan0324
Drifting

Received 177 Likes on 109 Posts

Got one and love it. Works as advertised. Car is perfectly dry.
Old 07-08-2016, 09:47 PM
VY427
Pro

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Check out the cordless job-site blowers that are offered by Milwaukee, Dewalt, Ridgid, etc. They're basically small leaf blowers. I have the M18 Milwaukee unit and it works great. It delivers a more precise stream of air than a traditional, high cfm leaf blower. Since it's cordless, there's no tripping over a cord. It's also very small and light weight. Plus, it has a rubber nozzle, so it won't scratch if it accidentally bumps the paint.

It's sold tool-only so you have to buy the battery/charger kit separately if you don't already have other M18 Milwaukee tools. Around $200 if you buy both, less if you catch the blower or battery/charger kit on sale. I bought the M18 5ah (amp hour) battery/charger kit which gives the blower great run time.

https://www.milwaukeetool.com/power-...rdless/0884-20

Last edited by VY427; 07-08-2016 at 09:58 PM.
Old 07-08-2016, 10:13 PM
craig04c5
Melting Slicks

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Product Review Master Blaster

This is a review I wrote when I purchased my Master Blaster several years ago.
First let me state that Top Flight Productions and the manufacturer were really good to do business with. That said, I am disappointed with the Master Blaster. I ordered it in November for a Christmas present. My wife was getting it for me. When I received it I decided to plug it in to be sure it worked before putting it away for my wife to wrap for Christmas. When I plugged it in sparks shot out of my 20 AMP receptacle and tripped the circuit breaker. It is the same receptacle I use for my compressor. The Master Blaster switches were not even on. When I reset the circuit breaker only one of the 2 motors would work. I sent a PM to Top Flight productions about the issue and then called the manufacturer whose number was on the receipt. They were very nice and suggested my 20 amp receptacle was at issue. I explained that it was the same one I use for my compressor and that both switches on the MB were in the off position when I plugged it in and the sparking occurred. He also said they recommend a 30 amp source which I had not read about before. He then told me he would email me a UPS return label and send me a new MB when they received the defective one. He sent the label in 10 minutes and called to verify that I received it and sent a tracking number. Top Flight productions also sent me a reply to my PM to assure me that it would be taken care of. After the manufacturer received it I did not hear anything about shipping a new one so I called the week before Christmas and told them I was promised a new one before Christmas and that they had received my defective one 3 weeks ago. The customer service person called back and told me they would ship it 3 day UPS. I got the new one before Christmas so kudos to them for that.
Now for the evaluation of the MB. I just went out this morning and used it for the first time other than plugging it in to be sure it worked. The noise from the powerful air flow is very loud and you should wear ear protection. Luckily I have those soft ear plugs I use when cutting the grass or use the weed eater. Lots of power, that a good thing except when the hose shots off of the rubber head that it screws into. The hose gets hot and very soft so the threads did not hold the head on. The head attaches to the flexible hose and the attachments have a clamp to hold the attachments on to the head. So I shut the unit off and screwed it back on but it again shot off. O.K. I have JB weld for plastic so I put that on the threads so that should eliminate that issue. When I used to use my leaf blower it left small pinhead water spots on the car surface which required you to use a towel to eliminate. I bought the MB to not have to do this but alas it does not. It leaves these small micro water spots which you have to wipe off unless maybe your water is not as hard as mine. It does blow out any water from cracks and crevices and drys it fairly well but it takes quite awhile to blow dry the whole car. I used to use a silicone squeegee and shammy which only takes about 10 minutes or the aforementioned leaf blower. Blow drying takes at least 15-20 minutes not counting having to go back over it and get rid of the water spotting. The MB does have filtered heated air and a soft tip to prevent damage to the paint.
I had read such good reviews on this product and am disappointed it did not work out for me. My city water my be the culprit so your experience may be better as far as the water spotting is concerned. Maybe a water softener attached to the spigot I use for washing the cars may help. Right now all I have is a very powerful dog grooming dryer (it has 2 speeds so my dog will not blow away LOL). It may also work well on my new Harley but I have only washed it once since I bought it in April when I caught out in the rain. I usually use wax to clean it up.
Hope this helps those on the fence about this product.

Update:
I still have my Master Blaster (July 2016) and have only used it a few times. I no longer have the Motorcycle so I rarely use it on my Corvette. I use a Silicone squeegee and a Meguires Microfiber drying towel. It only takes a few minutes and I don't get scratches on my paint and my 2004 Torch Red Couple looks like new. Much quicker than using the Master Blaster.

Last edited by craig04c5; 07-08-2016 at 10:19 PM.
The following 5 users liked this post by craig04c5:
driver9 (07-09-2016), F4F Wildcat (07-15-2016), L8ter (07-08-2016), LB001 (07-13-2016), VNAMVET (07-09-2016)

Get notified of new replies

To Master Blaster

Old 07-08-2016, 10:38 PM
Strake
Melting Slicks

Received 1,875 Likes on 1,010 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

I've had the Master Blaster 4 plus 4 HP unit for at least 3 years. LOVE IT.... I have the standard hose that attaches to the unit. I'd guess it's about 8 ft long. Think I paid about $300 on Amazon with prime.... free shipping. I do have it plugged into a 20 amp outlet and the 50 ft extension cord ( 10 gauge) was about $100.

I got tired of trying to use my backpack Echo gas blower to dry off the car. Couldn't get the hose set up to bend around how it would be most useful. The Master Blaster took care of that.

Last edited by Strake; 07-08-2016 at 10:40 PM.
Old 07-08-2016, 11:20 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default ttt

I got mine for in the high 200.00 a few years back from a vendor in here. It is well worth the money to me and use it on all 6 of my cars.
Old 07-08-2016, 11:53 PM
nmvettec7
Safety Car

Received 850 Likes on 493 Posts

I wouldn't be without mine. I bought the 4 HP model and mounted it on a 2" x 12" x 24" board with casters, and it is so easy to move around.

https://www.amazon.com/Metro-Vacuum-...master+blaster

Attached Images  
gurneyeagle (07-09-2016)

Quick Reply: Master Blaster