C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What have you discovered about your C7 that surprised you?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2016, 04:15 PM
Gymbow
Racer

Received 181 Likes on 108 Posts

Even tho I read the manual 3 times while mine was being built, I didn't realize it had a smile-by-wire throttle system. The harder I press on the throttle, the bigger my smile gets.
The following 3 users liked this post by Gymbow:
designrs (08-29-2016), Maxie2U (07-12-2016), The Inspector (07-11-2016)
Old 07-11-2016, 04:52 PM
TyBoo
Burning Brakes

Received 413 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by driver9
I don't get it. I don't drink, I don't drink beer, I don't have a beer belly and I don't have gynecomastia.

I do have a sense of humor though, so you if you'll kindly explain your joke to me, I will laugh heartily.

I am very sorry. My stupid little joke just struck me as funny and I shared without thinking. It sounds like your SO is extraordinarily intelligent and displays a wicked wit. That might be enough to intimidate many men into using all the safeguards available to them.

It was truly meant as a joke - Hey, I'm guy who always tries to get people to be nice! - and I am very sorry if it was in any way offensive.
Old 07-11-2016, 05:01 PM
Rookieracer
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 197 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxie2U
Press the temperature number and all the climate control settings display on the bottom of the screen. Tap again to make it disappear.
Very cool! Thanks.
The following users liked this post:
Maxie2U (07-12-2016)
Old 07-11-2016, 05:15 PM
driver9
Drifting

Received 109 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by TyBoo
I am very sorry. My stupid little joke just struck me as funny and I shared without thinking. It sounds like your SO is extraordinarily intelligent and displays a wicked wit. That might be enough to intimidate many men into using all the safeguards available to them.

It was truly meant as a joke - Hey, I'm guy who always tries to get people to be nice! - and I am very sorry if it was in any way offensive.

Nothing to apologize for. I know it was meant as a joke. I did say I have a sense of humor, didn't I? Apparently I was too dry in my response. You rib me, I rib you. That's the general idea isn't it? It's all in good fun, I hope. If needed, let me apologize for my riposte being too sharp. I'm generally a please and thank you sort of person myself. And I did end my reply to you with one of these just to try to make it clear I wasn't taking offense.

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 07-11-2016 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Fixed Quote Box
Old 07-11-2016, 06:55 PM
dval
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by JonMN
As a first time Corvette owner, I am surprised how comfortable the car is for long drives. Not my first sports car, but my most comfortable!
I agree completely
designrs (08-29-2016)
Old 07-11-2016, 07:09 PM
defaria
Safety Car

Received 1,203 Likes on 732 Posts

What I have not found, and hope exists, is an easy way to turn off the auto mode on the A/C/Heat. As you know you can set the temperature and the car will strive to maintain that. But how do you turn it off? The logical way would be to hit the auto button a second time. The best way I currently know is to rotate the other **** in the center (the one without the temperature number on it) counterclockwise until it turns off. But often do that and the A/C will be still on at a lower setting.
Old 07-11-2016, 07:15 PM
svt1
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 13 Posts

That my wife let me get it. I had bought a 2007 Z06 in 2010. Came home with the car, she accused me of having a mid life and wanting to chase young girls around (I was 36 at the time). So I ended up getting rid of it because she wouldn't ride in it, and whenever I came on the forum here, she'd slam my laptop shut!

Anyway, I loved that Z, but the C7, even she likes it! I got injured over the winter and suffered a spinal cord injury (just had successful surgery thank God, doing great now). Maybe she thought my number was up.... I don't know. The next test of her patience will involve my dropping it off at ECS soon, lol.
Old 07-11-2016, 07:53 PM
Woodson
Le Mans Master

Received 1,365 Likes on 790 Posts

How well the OEM tires perform.
Old 07-11-2016, 07:56 PM
Millerrock
Pro

Received 233 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by ///ADMAN
How poor the build quality is in regards to noise, squeaks, rattles, etc.
Really??? Mine is tight as a glove and was gonna say how the c7 doesn't squeak or rattle like the older ones.

I like hitting the start button and it sounds like I'm taking off to the moon!!!!!
designrs (08-29-2016)
Old 07-11-2016, 08:03 PM
Boiler_81
Drifting

Received 429 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by Millerrock
Really??? Mine is tight as a glove and was gonna say how the c7 doesn't squeak or rattle like the older ones.

I like hitting the start button and it sounds like I'm taking off to the moon!!!!!
Old 07-11-2016, 08:10 PM
Millerrock
Pro

Originally Posted by svt1
That my wife let me get it. I had bought a 2007 Z06 in 2010. Came home with the car, she accused me of having a mid life and wanting to chase young girls around (I was 36 at the time). So I ended up getting rid of it because she wouldn't ride in it, and whenever I came on the forum here, she'd slam my laptop shut!

Anyway, I loved that Z, but the C7, even she likes it! I got injured over the winter and suffered a spinal cord injury (just had successful surgery thank God, doing great now). Maybe she thought my number was up.... I don't know. The next test of her patience will involve my dropping it off at ECS soon, lol.
No women would ever make me get rid of a car. My friends have delt with this, and those women were replaced!!
The following 4 users liked this post by Millerrock:
designrs (08-29-2016), Maxie2U (07-12-2016), MildBill (09-03-2016), mlinn1967 (10-22-2016)
Old 07-11-2016, 08:38 PM
HighBeta
Amat Victoria Curam
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 140 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Frodo
I was surprised to find out that the NPP exhaust causes excessive rear tire wear as well as ruins your fuel mileage.

Well.... never mind. That's not surprising.
Thanks! I thought I was the only one experiencing those same issues!

Old 07-11-2016, 08:56 PM
svt1
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Millerrock
No women would ever make me get rid of a car. My friends have delt with this, and those women were replaced!!
Wow, less than 10 replies for this response! Lol. Not surprised.

To be clear, I knew she wasn't crazy about the purchase, she hates Chevy's (grew up drinking Ford Kool aid), but I bought it anyway. She never told me to sell it, but made owning it miserable. The new 5.0 Coyote had just come out, and I wanted to be the first to Procharge one (at least in my area), so I sold the Z, and went the 5.0 route. It wasn't that bad of a deal in the grand scheme of things, as she never ever has chirped about the retarded money I've wasted on cars over the years, so yeah, the fact she LIKES my C7 is stunning! Lol
Old 07-11-2016, 09:23 PM
Millerrock
Pro

Originally Posted by svt1
Wow, less than 10 replies for this response! Lol. Not surprised.

To be clear, I knew she wasn't crazy about the purchase, she hates Chevy's (grew up drinking Ford Kool aid), but I bought it anyway. She never told me to sell it, but made owning it miserable. The new 5.0 Coyote had just come out, and I wanted to be the first to Procharge one (at least in my area), so I sold the Z, and went the 5.0 route. It wasn't that bad of a deal in the grand scheme of things, as she never ever has chirped about the retarded money I've wasted on cars over the years, so yeah, the fact she LIKES my C7 is stunning! Lol
Ok I thought you had a crazy one on your hands haha.
Old 07-11-2016, 10:25 PM
SASprof
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 156 Likes on 93 Posts

The C7 accelerator pedal "effort" adjusts based on what mode you are in. If you're in Tour mode it takes more foot in the pedal, but put it in track you get fast acceleration with far less accelerator movement.
Is it fair to assume that Sport Mode is exactly in between?
Or closer to Touring Mode? Track Mode?
Old 07-11-2016, 10:49 PM
blkvet6
Pro

Received 105 Likes on 73 Posts

I think its the throttle response that's causing this feeling. As you say the C7 has the power and speed. The throttle response is a little slow to make the car more street friendly. Some drivers are adding aftermarket throttle controllers. Imagine what these car would do with an actual foot controlled throttle.
My understanding of reading the owner's manual is that throttle response is one of the characteristics that changes dependent upon your chosen "Mode", ie. more throttle response in "Track" mode versus "Tour". I think.
Old 07-12-2016, 05:49 AM
Frodo
Melting Slicks

Received 586 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by blkvet6
My understanding of reading the owner's manual is that throttle response is one of the characteristics that changes dependent upon your chosen "Mode", ie. more throttle response in "Track" mode versus "Tour". I think.
True. As the chart below indicates throttle response is one of three settings. Too bad throttle response isn't configurable by owner.

I do find that the return spring on the gas pedal is a bit stiff. I'd prefer a slightly weaker spring. Long drives seem to tire my foot. Yeah, I know I can use cruise control but foot control is more fun.

Hoonose (07-12-2016)

Get notified of new replies

To What have you discovered about your C7 that surprised you?

Old 07-12-2016, 08:33 AM
JonMN
Safety Car

Received 1,023 Likes on 616 Posts

Press the temperature number and all the climate control settings display on the bottom of the screen. Tap again to make it disappear.

This was a surprise--thanks! It also made me try pressing the time on the right hand side of the screen---and I found the elusive analog clock display that I had not been able to find.
The following 4 users liked this post by JonMN:
designrs (08-29-2016), Maxie2U (07-16-2016), rebos123 (09-28-2016), twilhelm39 (08-28-2016)
Old 07-12-2016, 09:10 AM
george vee
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,072 Likes on 532 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by ///ADMAN
How poor the build quality is in regards to noise, squeaks, rattles, etc.
Check your tire pressure
I had a 2014 Z51 and put 12k miles on it ,half in NYS, had no rattles or squeaks.
Now I have a 2015 Z06 with 12k miles, again some in NYC, and no rattles or squeaks.
I was surpassed how tight the C7 was compared to the C6 which was not bad.
Old 07-12-2016, 11:01 AM
Hoonose
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 66 Posts

True. As the chart below indicates throttle response is one of three settings. Too bad throttle response isn't configurable by owner.

I do find that the return spring on the gas pedal is a bit stiff. I'd prefer a slightly weaker spring. Long drives seem to tire my foot. Yeah, I know I can use cruise control but foot control is more fun.

Interesting! What is the difference between eco and tour exhaust?

Quick Reply: What have you discovered about your C7 that surprised you?