Sponsored by:

Follow up to "Gas leak at 165 miles' and it is quite a story -

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2016, 12:21 PM
JasonNGeorgia
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Follow up to "Gas leak at 165 miles' and it is quite a story -

As some of you might remember I posted that my 2016 C7 had a gas leak with only 165 miles on it.

Well, I purchased the car from Rick Hendrick Chevy in Duluth Georgia. When I called them and told them about the leak my salesman immediately told me to call GM roadside assistance. I did and they towed it to my local dealership.

I live about 2 hours away from Duluth, and after several phone calls and conversation with the GM of the dealership they drove a Malibu LTZ off the lot and delivered it to my house.

My local dealership had the car for about a week and told me that the fuel pump had been sliced at the factory during install and was spitting gas out of the tank. They replaced it and said I was good to go.

I brought it home, drove it around and filled it with gas. Got home and it was leaking gas again. I again had it towed back to my local dealership with 170 miles on it.

They kept it for about a week and said they couldn't find the leak.

At this point I submitted the lemon law paperwork for my state and told the dealership that I had done so.

They called about two hours later and offered to replace the vehicle with another on the lot --same exact MSRP just a different color.

I took them up on that offer and took ownership of my second Vette in 25 days. It was actually a trade-in situation that GM paid the depreciation of ($6,313). I actually came out paying a little less overall and the dealership also cut me a check for $1,340 dollars for my troubles.

I have had that car for about 3 weeks, got the 500 mile oil change done about two weeks ago and have about 640 miles on the car. Yesterday I went to the gas station and filled it up. I didn't over fill and as soon as the pump stopped I stopped.

Drove it home and low and behold, I have gas in my garage yet again.

It is leaking from a different place this time and I am currently having it towed to the dealership.

Cheers!!

Quick Reply: Follow up to "Gas leak at 165 miles' and it is quite a story -