Sponsored by:

Base C7 with Mag Ride FE2 Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2016, 12:33 PM
jmpacker13
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Base C7 with Mag Ride FE2 Suspension

Sorry- posted this originally in the C7 For Sale Forum by mistake- wanted it here.

Several of the 2016 base C7's with Mag Ride (FE2 suspensions) are available at good discounts locally. Are the suspension options the same as the Z51 with Mag Ride? Is there a Track Option? While I don't think the track is in my future I wouldn't mind the option for a HPDE experience. I understand about the brake size- more interested if anyone that has it can respond about how the Mag Ride changes the setup in this car.

Thanks
Old 07-25-2016, 12:47 PM
Rebel Yell
Le Mans Master

Received 2,639 Likes on 1,702 Posts

Yes sir, the Z51 suspension is the same with or without mag ride.

Myself, if I was buying a Z51 it would have to have the mag ride to smooth out the tighter ride of the Z51.
Disclaimer: But, that's me. The mag ride also gives you a more controlled ride over the bumps, and uneven sections of the road. If you are thinking of the option, you won't be disappointed.

And there is still a "Track" mode.

Welcome to the forum.

Last edited by Rebel Yell; 07-25-2016 at 12:50 PM.
Old 07-25-2016, 01:02 PM
jmpacker13
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Thanks for the reply. I understand about the Z51 suspension and Mag Ride- I was wondering about the non-Z51 or Base C7 with Mag Ride and whether it had Track or stiffer settings than normal or Touring.

Regards,

JMP
Old 07-25-2016, 01:26 PM
croomrider
5th Gear

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jmpacker13
Thanks for the reply. I understand about the Z51 suspension and Mag Ride- I was wondering about the non-Z51 or Base C7 with Mag Ride and whether it had Track or stiffer settings than normal or Touring.

Regards,

JMP
I have the Z51 with MSRC, but I'm pretty sure the base car would have the same suspension settings. You can tell a distinct difference between Tour, Sport and Track on how the shocks behave. I have tested them all over the same section of bumps. I usually prefer Sport, but if the road is unusually rough I will turn it to Tour. If you have a car that you are interested in that has the MSRC option, it does have it's advantages.
Old 07-25-2016, 01:56 PM
JonMN
Safety Car

Received 1,023 Likes on 616 Posts

Sorry- posted this originally in the C7 For Sale Forum by mistake- wanted it here.

Several of the 2016 base C7's with Mag Ride (FE2 suspensions) are available at good discounts locally. Are the suspension options the same as the Z51 with Mag Ride? Is there a Track Option? While I don't think the track is in my future I wouldn't mind the option for a HPDE experience. I understand about the brake size- more interested if anyone that has it can respond about how the Mag Ride changes the setup in this car.

Thanks
I have a base C7 with MSRC, and the differences between Touring, Sport and Track are pretty dramatic. Driving around in Sport, if I hit a rough patch of road, changing to Touring is amazing. I have only used Track mode a little, but it is incrementally stiffer than Sport.

Considering the last time I had an adjustable suspension (PSS10s) I had to stop, reach under the car and use a mirror to turn 4 *****, MSRC is kind of a nice upgrade.
Old 07-26-2016, 01:20 PM
Rebel Yell
Le Mans Master

Received 2,639 Likes on 1,702 Posts

Regards,

JMP
I understand now. My C6 was a base car with mag ride. The difference was subtle, but it did stiffen the ride for better handling in curves, etc. I expect the C7 would be the same.

My C7 doesn't have mag ride, but I will say it rides better than my C6 with. I haven't missed the mag ride at all, but my car is just a cruiser with random acts of speed.

Get notified of new replies

To Base C7 with Mag Ride FE2 Suspension

Quick Reply: Base C7 with Mag Ride FE2 Suspension