Sponsored by:

As Promised The Worlds Oldest Corvette Owner at 98

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2016, 06:41 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 4,002 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Originally Posted by mschuyler
I'm kind of amazed at the skepticism shown in this thread, and it's getting just a little bit creepy insofar as your demands to know are infringing on her privacy. When you get right down to it, it's really none of your business. We have confirmation that she's an owner. Now you want to know if she "really" drives it. What's next? Demands to know her medical history? Just back off.
What's the harm in asking, and then the story is complete?

A long time friend of mine who is a retired GM ASSEMBLY PLANT Design Engineer, just laughed when I Fwd. The picture of the woman, and said "notice she's on the passenger side door." So, it's a reasonable question to ask.....no big deal.
Old 08-19-2016, 06:52 PM
mschuyler
Safety Car

Received 3,818 Likes on 1,614 Posts

Originally Posted by Skid Row Joe
A long time friend of mine who is a retired GM ASSEMBLY PLANT Design Engineer, just laughed when I Fwd. The picture of the woman, and said "notice she's on the passenger side door." So, it's a reasonable question to ask.....no big deal.
I've just been informed that the OP is actually the Old Black&White, who did not manage to secure a very good reputation on this site. Yes, I did witness his antics. If so, that certainly puts a different spin on it IF he's effectively scamming the forum with yet another made-up story.

However, it has been established that she IS an owner. What she DOES with the car is really her business alone. Revel in her enthusiasm, but being overtly skeptical of her abilities is really much too intrusive.
Old 08-19-2016, 07:00 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

I've just been informed that the OP is actually the Old Black&White, who did not manage to secure a very good reputation on this site. Yes, I did witness his antics. If so, that certainly puts a different spin on it IF he's effectively scamming the forum with yet another made-up story.

However, it has been established that she IS an owner. What she DOES with the car is really her business alone. Revel in her enthusiasm, but being overtly skeptical of her abilities is really much too intrusive.
Still a great story regardless. You might want to reread my posts on this thread. Your assumptions are all wrong. I have no personal knowledge of the black and white GrandC7 antics or past. I'm glad that Les Stanford Chevrolet stepped up and dispelled the rumor of her not paying for the car.
Old 08-19-2016, 07:08 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Agreed. Negative comments of any kind about her are out-of-bounds.

She may read the CForums/member here, since she bought from a CF Dealer Sponsor - Les Stanford Chevrolet in Dearborn, MI.

A beautiful C7 she bought!
My 1st post.

What are you, Jake's buddy? They would not sell her the car if she could not produce a license.
Your unrelated post.
Old 08-19-2016, 07:10 PM
mschuyler
Safety Car

Still a great story regardless. You might want to reread my posts on this thread. Your assumptions are all wrong. I have no personal knowledge of the black and white GrandC7 antics or past. I'm glad that Les Stanford Chevrolet stepped up and dispelled the rumor of her not paying for the car.
What assumptions are wrong? Did you not say you wanted to know if she actually drives the car? I don't have to quote that post back to you, do I? Haven't other people expressed more or less the same sentiment? And have not some posts been removed for this rudeness?

If she is being used as a pawn in some sort of B&W game, well, that sucks, and I acknowledge that may be the case. But when you start questioning her abilities because of her age, to me that crosses the line into being intrusive and insulting and deserves to be called out.
Old 08-19-2016, 07:16 PM
jnc4558
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
Rudeness has been deleted.....
Thank you!!!

I just wish that I will have this much desire left when I am 98 years young.

Last edited by jnc4558; 08-19-2016 at 07:16 PM.
Old 08-19-2016, 07:22 PM
mschuyler
Safety Car

Your unrelated post.
Taken out of context. Jake, if you will remember, posted very rudely about this lady. In fact, his post and others like it were removed for this rudeness. Next, another person suggested she did not have a driver's license, and unwarranted assumption. My response to this person was that they would not have sold her the car if she did not have a license, which you just quoted as unrelated, for some reason. SUBSEQUENT to that a couple MORE people decided I was wrong and that "anybody" could buy a car, thus further intimating that she might not have a license. Privately, that's true, but we were talking a new car dealer sale here. I was correct, as confirmed by forum member mpuzach, who is a corvette salesman at his dealership.

OK, all stop. I will drop the subject. I can't very well PM you if you've blocked PMs, can I? Right now it's a one way street.

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 08-19-2016 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Merged Posts
Old 08-19-2016, 10:18 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,753 Likes on 4,182 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

Guys......it's alright. There's no need get excited.

I had my doubts too, but Les Stanford confirmed her as the owner. I had my doubts too, butI have no reason to doubt the dealership.

Jeremy suggested that this is Black&White's mother. I tend to agree with it. Yes, evidence doesn't confirm nor deny ownership. At this point, I suggest we take the story for what it is.

Heck, she could have written the check for the car. That makes her the owner, but does that make her the driver?

Again, there are still doubts in my mind, but it's a feel-good story. Let's leave it at that.
Old 08-19-2016, 10:24 PM
choppychop
Melting Slicks

Received 292 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by senah
she probably heard that the autos were quicker in the 1/4 mile.
Old 08-20-2016, 05:23 PM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Quick Reply: As Promised The Worlds Oldest Corvette Owner at 98