Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spring Mountain Accommodations and Meals

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2016, 02:42 AM
amphora001
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Absolutely nothing I find interesting to do there. In fact, I yelp a restaurant with good review for dinner, and I got there before 8pm and it was closed, for no reason.

What I did was fly in the night before class start, so i stayed 2 nights, and then my wife flew in on the 2nd day in the afternoon. Then i drove back to Vegas and stayed with her for another few days.
Old 08-22-2016, 07:44 AM
gotmyc7
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Kfmorgan
I am seriously thinking of taking advantage of the Ron Fellows driving deal at Spring Mountain. My wife will come with me, but will spend the days at the resort. My question, to those of you who have attended, are there things to do for my wife all day, and how is the food there? I would rather not have to drive to Vegas for our evening meals. Thanks in advance for any input.
I went in April for level 2, same situation with my wife, she went and was planning on spending time by the pool with a book. I had her come to the morning meeting to find out when and where to meet for lunch. She immediately enjoyed to instructors, Rick made her feel very welcome. She had no plans of riding along but went out with Richie for the first session and had a blast, she stayed for three other rides. The winery was perfect for dinner. We used the balcony of the condo to enjoy a bottle of wine. We went to Vegas for two days after the class. Can't say enough how great the class was.
Old 08-22-2016, 08:02 AM
itaylorm
Pro

Received 205 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by gotmyc7
I went in April for level 2, same situation with my wife, she went and was planning on spending time by the pool with a book. I had her come to the morning meeting to find out when and where to meet for lunch. She immediately enjoyed to instructors, Rick made her feel very welcome. She had no plans of riding along but went out with Richie for the first session and had a blast, she stayed for three other rides. The winery was perfect for dinner. We used the balcony of the condo to enjoy a bottle of wine. We went to Vegas for two days after the class. Can't say enough how great the class was.
Thanks for sharing
Old 08-22-2016, 08:53 AM
Indy-hp
Le Mans Master

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by gotmyc7
That's basically what we did last October. For the two dinners we had there, the Japanese restaurant was good, and the winery was very good.
Old 08-22-2016, 10:42 AM
Kfmorgan
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by graj6
Isn't only 1 night of accommodation included with the subsidized $1000 Corvette owner's school?
Yes, but we plan on staying the night before, and the night after.
Old 08-22-2016, 03:49 PM
blue max
Burning Brakes

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by Skidplate
It was free but it cost too much? I suspect most here would feel you made an error by not going.

We went to Vegas afterwards and spent a few days.
Big mistake to miss it. We traveled from Tennessee
Will do it again in a flash

Quick Reply: Spring Mountain Accommodations and Meals