Sponsored by:

Radio/audio turns itself on

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2016, 06:09 PM
Geneo
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Radio/audio turns itself on

Purchased a 2016 1LT in May (ordered new) and during this time frame I have noticed something somewhat strange. When parking/storing in the garage (weekend fun car not daily driver) I have a habit of turning the radio/audio system off (not mute) prior to turning the ignition off. However, when restarting at a later time or date sometimes the radio/audio system does not stay in the off position and turns itself on. I would say this happens about 50% of the time. Have any of my fellow Corvette owners experience a similar issue and if so was it fixable or is it a standard anomaly of the system?
Old 08-21-2016, 07:29 PM
dbirdhouse1
Safety Car

Received 875 Likes on 587 Posts

Default I have mine set

Originally Posted by Geneo
Purchased a 2016 1LT in May (ordered new) and during this time frame I have noticed something somewhat strange. When parking/storing in the garage (weekend fun car not daily driver) I have a habit of turning the radio/audio system off (not mute) prior to turning the ignition off. However, when restarting at a later time or date sometimes the radio/audio system does not stay in the off position and turns itself on. I would say this happens about 50% of the time. Have any of my fellow Corvette owners experience a similar issue and if so was it fixable or is it a standard anomaly of the system?
to come on with the mute on......
Old 08-21-2016, 07:36 PM
Scruff Vette
Safety Car

Received 853 Likes on 394 Posts

It is in fact a strange anomaly of the Infotainment system. My '16 has done the exact same thing from day one. I went into the settings and set the "startup volume" to 0. Now it comes on, but can't hear it. I just press the off/on button in for a moment until the Crossed Flags logo and clock show. If I wanted to listen to the radio right way, I'd simply turn the volume up.
Old 08-21-2016, 07:42 PM
owc6
Team Owner

Received 4,186 Likes on 2,679 Posts

Are you sure you actually turned it off? This requires a press and hold of power button, not just press.
Old 08-21-2016, 08:01 PM
Scruff Vette
Safety Car

Originally Posted by owc6
Are you sure you actually turned it off? This requires a press and hold of power button, not just press.
Yes. That is the only way to turn off the Infotainment screen and just display logo and clock. A quick press will only mute the radio.

This has been discussed before and many have the same thing happen with their radios. Mine is like the OP's. Sometimes it stays off when I restart the car and other times it decides to come on as soon as the car starts.
Old 08-21-2016, 08:15 PM
owc6
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Scruff Vette
Yes. That is the only way to turn off the Infotainment screen and just display logo and clock. A quick press will only mute the radio.

This has been discussed before and many have the same thing happen with their radios. Mine is like the OP's. Sometimes it stays off when I restart the car and other times it decides to come on as soon as the car starts.
That's why I asked. Some have posted thinking they actually turned it off, but only muted it.

Mine does not display logo when off. Yours does?

It is possible to get this screen with no sound by muting the radio, and pressing the digital clock on the upper right and think the radio is off.

Last edited by owc6; 08-21-2016 at 08:17 PM.
Old 08-21-2016, 08:52 PM
Scruff Vette
Safety Car

Originally Posted by owc6
Mine does not display logo when off. Yours does?

It is possible to get this screen with no sound by muting the radio, and pressing the digital clock on the upper right and think the radio is off.
Yes. When I hold the system power button for a few seconds, the Infotainment system shuts off and I just have a large C7 Crossed Flags Logo, little digital clock in the upper right hand corner and outside ambient temp displaying *F in the left hand corner. This was the first thing I learned to do as I don't care for the "smart phone" look of the screen with all the "app" icons when not playing the radio.

I can get the same clock screen anytime by tapping on that digital clock in the corner.

Last edited by Scruff Vette; 08-21-2016 at 08:55 PM.
Old 08-21-2016, 08:59 PM
owc6
Team Owner

Must be yet another '14 idiosyncrasy, because that is the OFF screen in mine.
Old 08-21-2016, 09:18 PM
Geneo
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definitely not muted. Holding on/off button for several seconds until crossed flags logo is shown on display screen.
Old 08-21-2016, 10:03 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

This is what I get when I turn my audio system completely off before shutting down the engine. It happens like this every time. Likewise, I get the "audio system on but muted" every time I restart the car.

Get notified of new replies

To Radio/audio turns itself on

Quick Reply: Radio/audio turns itself on