C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to remove and install front turn signal?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2016, 08:38 PM
EMINENT 1
Drifting

Received 151 Likes on 99 Posts

Default How to remove and install front turn signal?

I searched and couldn't find anything.
Old 08-22-2016, 12:08 AM
Rooster OG
Le Mans Master

Received 1,694 Likes on 1,240 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

The side marker? If so, here's an install video:

http://www.gscreations.com/c7-stingr...umper-markers/

It's not hard, unscrew the well liner, pull it open to get your hand in there, unclip the plug and push the tabs from the inside while pulling on the outside of the light.
Old 08-22-2016, 02:14 AM
graj6
Burning Brakes

Received 353 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by Rooster OG
The side marker? If so, here's an install video:

http://www.gscreations.com/c7-stingr...umper-markers/

It's not hard, unscrew the well liner, pull it open to get your hand in there, unclip the plug and push the tabs from the inside while pulling on the outside of the light.
For the Z06 (and my GS) does the fender/wheel well spat have to be removed to do the front side marker replacement?
The following users liked this post:
EMINENT 1 (08-22-2016)
Old 08-22-2016, 02:24 AM
Rooster OG
Le Mans Master

Received 1,694 Likes on 1,240 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Hmm, maybe? You have to remove the screws, but I'm not sure you'll have enough play in it to get it out of the way enough to get your hand under the liner. I sure would try before I resorted to removing the whole thing. That would be a pain because of the tape that's on the very top of the spat. They're really pliable, so I wouldn't worry too much about shoving it out of the way if you can.
Old 08-22-2016, 04:20 AM
graj6
Burning Brakes

Received 353 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by Rooster OG
Hmm, maybe? You have to remove the screws, but I'm not sure you'll have enough play in it to get it out of the way enough to get your hand under the liner. I sure would try before I resorted to removing the whole thing. That would be a pain because of the tape that's on the very top of the spat. They're really pliable, so I wouldn't worry too much about shoving it out of the way if you can.

Well I just did it right now (at ~1am) without removing the entire spat... nearly lost some fingers between the panels and the spats /s ... but I just did the front side markers.... at midnight, in my terrible little not-wide-enough garage with a bunch of coyotes howling outside and dirt all around and a cellphone for a flashlight haha.

Pretty much the first time in years I'm taking apart any part of any car somewhat.

Worth the pain though. The reason I rushed out is because your comment made me realize that my spats are being replaced with carbon fiber spats tomorrow and I have no way to change the side markers myself if I don't do it right now without taking the entire spat off (given how carbon fiber won't simply bend or be pliable like the cheap stock spats).

I didn't have the will power to finish the rear markers too this late lol. Fairly certain those would be a lot easier without any spats in the way.

Last edited by graj6; 08-22-2016 at 04:23 AM.
The following users liked this post:
EMINENT 1 (08-22-2016)
Old 08-22-2016, 11:10 AM
EMINENT 1
Drifting

Received 151 Likes on 99 Posts

Great work. Thanks!

Looks like the rears just require the extra bolt on the bottom.

Get notified of new replies

To How to remove and install front turn signal?

Quick Reply: How to remove and install front turn signal?