Sponsored by:

2017 Sold order process.

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2016, 11:47 PM
BRCC
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

Default 2017 Sold order process.

I have a question for anyone in the know, what I mean by that is factual information and not speculation.

I was talking to my dealer who sells around 50 Corvettes a year and asked if they had any allocations for a 2017 GS/Stingray they stated none at present, but told me that if it was a sold order GM would pick it up.

In the past no allocation no order, be it dealer order or sold order.

Yes I do know how the allocation order process works.

Has GM changed their process for 2017 Sold orders.
Old 08-31-2016, 12:11 AM
ThePurpHayes
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BRCC
I have a question for anyone in the know, what I mean by that is factual information and not speculation.

I was talking to my dealer who sells around 50 Corvettes a year and asked if they had any allocations for a 2017 GS/Stingray they stated none at present, but told me that if it was a sold order GM would pick it up.

In the past no allocation no order, be it dealer order or sold order.

Yes I do know how the allocation order process works.

Has GM changed their process for 2017 Sold orders.
From my experience with a dealership I waited over 3 weeks before I gave up and went somewhere else.

The dealership I went to was like the one you're talking about that sold around 55-60 Vette's the year prior. They were hoping because it was a sold order that they would pick it up fast. To be fair they did come back the week after saying they got one (4 weeks from order placed) which I do believe them but I had already placed the order elsewhere.

Did it help? Maybe. But you will still be waiting until their number is called. It may not take as long now that the initial burst of orders are probably slowing down. Good luck!
Old 09-02-2016, 11:04 AM
laborsmith
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The allocation process exists in present form as a result of court decisions and franchise laws. If either were to present with a significant change, I expect we would hear them about from more sources than an isolated dealership. I have not seen any indication of such change.

Laborsmith

Last edited by laborsmith; 09-02-2016 at 11:05 AM.
Old 09-02-2016, 11:29 AM
C8Jake
Race Director

Received 5,415 Likes on 2,535 Posts

C7 allocations are done manually > unused allocations are shifted to dealers that placed orders without confirmed allocation
Canada can now receive unused US allocations

Last edited by C8Jake; 09-02-2016 at 12:59 PM.
Old 09-02-2016, 12:56 PM
kenrobb
Drifting

Received 217 Likes on 85 Posts

Been my experience, go to another dealer that can commit when you are ready to order. Try Classic in Grapevine. Not sure Jerry's in Weatherford can be any different.

Get notified of new replies

To 2017 Sold order process.

Quick Reply: 2017 Sold order process.