C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fellow Vette Owners & Members....Please Help Me!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2016, 11:30 PM
Maxie2U
Le Mans Master

Received 4,137 Likes on 2,240 Posts

Originally Posted by AORoads
Legally, this has nothing to do with GM----all 4 dealerships, the towing company and the insurance company are independent businesses. But, at the very least, the dealerships do fall under the "influence" of GM.

There are ONLY 198 posts on this thread and several are repeat individuals. But there are

18,900 views of this thread

And they come from arguably the most widely-read Corvette forum, for the most well-known "halo" car of GM over the past 50+ years.

Those 18,900 "eyeballs" represent not just Corvette owners, but GM car and truck buyers and owners.

4 Dealerships have passed the buck and done little but screw it up.

That's 4 GM dealerships. Could this be bad PR for GM, or just for the dealers?

Only 1 state insurance commissioner is still working on this one person's best interest and behalf.

Practically-speaking, I think GM does have a vested interest in how this turns out---and it may be of great value for them to "get involved." JMO, of course.
He should list the names of the four dealers (in big letters) so everyone who visits this forum knows who to avoid, whether it's having a car repaired or BUYING a car. In fact, the OP should open a new thread entitled, "Warning: Dealers to Avoid" list the names of the 4 dealers and included a link to this thread for reference.
The following 4 users liked this post by Maxie2U:
AORoads (09-29-2016), Foosh (09-29-2016), Glen e (09-29-2016), lpabsolute (09-29-2016)
Old 09-29-2016, 07:53 AM
itaylorm
Pro

Received 205 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Aflyer
Wow, that is a surprise.

I believe it is time to contact Mr. Rick Hendrick directly. He is a car guy, and a Corvette guy, and I don't think he could possibly be aware of what his dealerships/bodyshops are putting you through.

I have pasted a link below to escalate your question/problem to the Hendrick Automotive Group, hopefully that will get your situation in front of Mr. Hendrick. If that fails, maybe Registered Mail is the next step.

http://www.hendrickauto.com/contact-us.htm

I think all you are asking is that they honor the contract and repair the car. Or work with the insurance company to communicate that it is a total loss, due to a bent frame that was cracked during the attempted repair of same.

I have also sent a PM to Chevy Customer Assistance, here on the forum, asking if they have seen this thread, and why there hasn't been a response.

Aflyer
I also PM'd Chevy Customer Assistance
Old 09-29-2016, 09:33 AM
Cobraboy
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

Someone reading this thread must know someone, or know someone who knows someone. The point is, I can understand the original poster not wanting to forward the info to TV, or higher up certain chains, but that doesn't stop anyone else from doing it. Would that let the OP off the hook if it doesn't work out? Someone must know someone higher up at GM, a lawyer willing to donate a bit of time to write some letters, someone in the TV industry looking for a great story, someone higher up somewhere that could help.

I find it disgusting that GM would wash their hands of it by saying the dealerships are not their responsibility.

Rick
The following users liked this post:
lpabsolute (09-29-2016)
Old 09-29-2016, 10:03 AM
ssidekickbp
Melting Slicks

Received 1,005 Likes on 328 Posts

At this point I would demand the car be totaled out completely.

It should have ever since they informed you the tub was cracked, before the shop ripped it even more apart.
lpabsolute (09-29-2016)
Old 09-29-2016, 10:21 AM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 675 Likes on 504 Posts

Originally Posted by lpabsolute
I know the car is so far gone now. I did just want to get it fixed and trade it in on a 16' but the negative CarFax with everything is going to kill me. Even the value of the trade before all of this happened. I just want out of the car/situation/loan at this point. I'm just sick...
Hello Lance,

I regret to hear of this unfortunate situation and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused. Please know that this is not the experience we want our customers to have, and we recognize your feelings of frustration. I will be sending you a private message to discuss your case further, as I was able to locate your information within our system.

Please look forward to receiving this and don’t hesitate to let us know if you have any questions.

Julie C
Chevrolet Customer Care
The following 2 users liked this post by Chevy Cust Svc:
Aflyer (10-01-2016), Maxie2U (09-29-2016)
Old 09-29-2016, 11:15 AM
Cobraboy
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by ssidekickbp
At this point I would demand the car be totaled out completely.

It should have ever since they informed you the tub was cracked, before the shop ripped it even more apart.
Demand to who? He has already done that with the insurance company and they said no.
Maxie2U (09-29-2016)
Old 09-29-2016, 11:30 AM
ForbiddenRooster
Advanced

Received 31 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Cobraboy
Demand to who? He has already done that with the insurance company and they said no.
Exactly. It is unfortunate that it is so hard to find someone to do the right thing. I had a similar situation with my 911 CPO. I realized it had been damaged and repaired even thought the carfax was clean. The car didn't feel safe driving at high speeds. No one wanted to do anything to make it right. PCNA gave me the same story the OP is getting - sorry, we feel bad and this is not the Porsche experience, but we can't make the dealer do anything. I eventually gave up because it was apparent I had no power to influence the outcome. Sold the car at a loss but picked up a Z06 at 20% off. That was at the beginning of this month (after 4 months of fighting with Porsche) and I am glad to move on and be back in another corvette. OP is in a worse situation than I was and I Hope somebody takes ownership of this mess and helps him out.

Last edited by ForbiddenRooster; 09-29-2016 at 11:32 AM.
lpabsolute (09-29-2016)
Old 09-29-2016, 12:38 PM
ssidekickbp
Melting Slicks

Received 1,005 Likes on 328 Posts

Originally Posted by Cobraboy
If the insurance company can't find someone to fix this car, they have no choice but to total it out. They can't expect him to pay forever with an unfixed car.
lpabsolute (09-29-2016)
Old 09-29-2016, 01:53 PM
lpabsolute
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 24 Posts

Just received my PM message from Chevy Cust Ser, all it says is that they looked over my case and regret to inform me that they can't do anything for me. Not sure why that wasn't posted on here in the public forum. Probably just didn't want people to know they have been avoiding this issue of mine like they have been avoiding committing on the thread.
Old 09-29-2016, 01:56 PM
itaylorm
Pro

Just received my PM message from Chevy Cust Ser, all it says is that they looked over my case and regret to inform me that they can't do anything for me. Not sure why that wasn't posted on here in the public forum. Probably just didn't want people to know they have been avoiding this issue of mine like they have been avoiding committing on the thread.
Very disappointing response
Maxie2U (09-29-2016)
Old 09-29-2016, 02:02 PM
boraxman
Race Director

Received 310 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by itaylorm
Very disappointing response
Really stinks for the OP...One thing for sure I will never use Gieco/
Old 09-29-2016, 02:03 PM
itaylorm
Pro

Originally Posted by boraxman
Really stinks for the OP...One thing for sure I will never use Gieco/
Not just Geico, it is also the dealers that handled the issue so badly
The following 2 users liked this post by itaylorm:
Old 09-29-2016, 02:08 PM
\Boost Monkey/
Melting Slicks

Received 774 Likes on 417 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevy Cust Svc
Hello Lance,

I regret to hear of this unfortunate situation and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused. Please know that this is not the experience we want our customers to have, and we recognize your feelings of frustration. I will be sending you a private message to discuss your case further, as I was able to locate your information within our system.

Please look forward to receiving this and don’t hesitate to let us know if you have any questions.

Julie C
Chevrolet Customer Care
Just received my PM message from Chevy Cust Ser, all it says is that they looked over my case and regret to inform me that they can't do anything for me.

Wow...

GM customer service is not only completely worthless on this forum, but also tries to look like they are competent to the public while silently telling the individual they are, in fact, worthless.

Excellent job Chevrolet customer service.
The following 4 users liked this post by \Boost Monkey/:
itaylorm (09-29-2016), lpabsolute (09-29-2016), Maxie2U (09-29-2016), VictorBarron (10-02-2016)
Old 09-29-2016, 02:10 PM
boraxman
Race Director

Received 310 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by itaylorm
Not just Geico, it is also the dealers that handled the issue so badly
I know but ultimately insurance should be taking care of this.
Old 09-29-2016, 02:19 PM
lpabsolute
Burning Brakes

I will be making a new Thread with a link to this one this weekend/Monday. I'm going to post the names/numbers of the people I've spoken with a Geico, 1st & 2nd dealership & tow company, and person I've spoken to at GM. If anyone wants to reach out to them and voice their complaints/displeasure with the way I'm currently being treated I would greatly appreciate it. This was recommended for me to do by a few of the members on this thread. Maybe a few 100 phone calls will do something, doubtful, but maybe, at this point ill take what I can get. Thank you guys for keeping this thread alive and for the kind words.
The following 2 users liked this post by lpabsolute:
Old 09-29-2016, 02:39 PM
defaria
Safety Car

Received 1,203 Likes on 732 Posts

Thank for the reply. I understand the suvarity of defaulting on the loan but at this point with no one wanting to fix the car and no lawyer willing to take the case, i'm at a stand still.
Lawyers will take the case - provided you pay them. If you're trying to get them to work on a contingency basis they won't because there's no money in there for them. But if you pay them they will do the work.

Yes Geico is representing me, but they are basically throwing their hands up at this point. They are saying "Yes we will pay for your car, but we can't find someone willing to fix it, so you need to" And its obvious that i can't find anyone to do so. From Chevy dealerships with licensed body shops, to small shops that Geico uses, to specialty corvette shops....no one want to take the car in is current condition/shape. I'm waiting on a call back from the Insurance Commission now.
IMHO, if you have a damaged car that truly nobody will fix then by definition you have a totaled car. You're mistake is that you insisted on using a Chevy dealership to perform auto body repairs. As has been noted, dealership mechanics are ill equipped to do auto body repairs. As a result they bumbled the thing and ended up doing much more damage to your car than the accident. There's fault in there but proving it and getting $$$ from that is pointless. You should have went to a qualified and good auto body shop to start with. They would have taken your car and would have gladly repaired it, going to the dealer for official GM parts. I know. I've already had an $8K damage and have had it repaired such that you'd never know it was in an accident. I went directly to a good auto body shop. They got parts from the dealer. That's where you screwed up, IMHO.

Surely somebody would take the car and repair it as is if given enough money. I would find a shop like that. Spare them your sob story - it's long and interesting here but of no use to the guy who will repair your car. Get a price and go to Gieco to see how much they will pay.
ssidekickbp (10-01-2016)
Old 09-29-2016, 02:40 PM
AceG
Burning Brakes

Received 412 Likes on 206 Posts

It hurts. It actually hurts reading this entire thread. I wish you the best.
Maxie2U (09-29-2016)

Get notified of new replies

To Fellow Vette Owners & Members....Please Help Me!!!

Old 09-29-2016, 02:55 PM
ForbiddenRooster
Advanced

Received 31 Likes on 11 Posts

Sorry to hear. They can always do something to help you out but they are choosing not to. Your thread fired me up again about my case, so I sent a last ditch email this afternoon to Porsche saying how I was really disappointed that no one empowered to do anything ever reached out to talk to me. An hour later a VP of Customer Relations called and offered to send me an amount equal to half my loss. So keep trying. Search the web (SEC filings, linked in, Facebook etc.) for people in high positions at the places you are dealing with that have the power to do something for you. Send them courteous emails geared at enticing them to do the ethical thing. You may get a hit.

Last edited by ForbiddenRooster; 09-29-2016 at 02:55 PM.
lpabsolute (09-29-2016)
Old 09-29-2016, 03:21 PM
lpabsolute
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by defaria
Lawyers will take the case - provided you pay them. If you're trying to get them to work on a contingency basis they won't because there's no money in there for them. But if you pay them they will do the work.
This is not the case. I've spoken with over 30 of them and they don't want to take the case because they don't feel they will make enough off of it. I would be happy to pay someone $5-$10 if I could get total value for my car and get resolution. I've told this to them. It all boils down to them telling me they are going to have to pass on taking my case.
Old 09-29-2016, 03:22 PM
lpabsolute
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by defaria

IMHO, if you have a damaged car that truly nobody will fix then by definition you have a totaled car.
This is exactly what I'm trying to get across to them. Yet they don't seem to understand.

Quick Reply: Fellow Vette Owners & Members....Please Help Me!!!