C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fellow Vette Owners & Members....Please Help Me!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2016, 11:19 PM
itaylorm
Pro

Received 205 Likes on 108 Posts

I think number one, we call into the dealer that cracked the frame and express our dissatisfaction. also GM for doing absolutely nothing
The following users liked this post:
lpabsolute (10-01-2016)
Old 09-30-2016, 11:27 PM
itaylorm
Pro

Here is the personal email address and contact number for the CEO of GM

http://www.ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-9831

Try contacting this individual, looking for the Geico CEO
lpabsolute (10-01-2016)
Old 09-30-2016, 11:28 PM
itaylorm
Pro

Here is Geico's information

http://www.ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-75696
lpabsolute (10-01-2016)
Old 10-01-2016, 12:13 AM
Aflyer
Pro

Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by lpabsolute
Just received my PM message from Chevy Cust Ser, all it says is that they looked over my case and regret to inform me that they can't do anything for me. Not sure why that wasn't posted on here in the public forum. Probably just didn't want people to know they have been avoiding this issue of mine like they have been avoiding committing on the thread.
Lance,
That is unbelievable. I am really shocked that Chevrolet Customer Assistance is not able to provide you any assistance.
Aflyer
Old 10-01-2016, 12:17 AM
Aflyer
Pro

Originally Posted by Chevy Cust Svc
Hello Lance,

I regret to hear of this unfortunate situation and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused. Please know that this is not the experience we want our customers to have, and we recognize your feelings of frustration. I will be sending you a private message to discuss your case further, as I was able to locate your information within our system.

Please look forward to receiving this and don’t hesitate to let us know if you have any questions.

Julie C
Chevrolet Customer Care
Julie,
Who within Chevrolet Customer assistance can you escalate this issue to?
Thank you,
Aflyer, just another Corvette owner

Last edited by Aflyer; 10-01-2016 at 12:18 AM.
Old 10-01-2016, 12:31 AM
Aflyer
Pro

This is exactly what I'm trying to get across to them. Yet they don't seem to understand.
Lance,
This is probably a stupid question, but is Geico still paying for your rental car?

Have you tried DRS Automotive? These are the guys that do a TV show on the Velocity Channel, called Phantom Works. They seem to specialize in fixing cars that other shops have failed to finish.

2400 Hampton Blvd
Norfolk, VA 23517
Mon-Fri: 8am-5pm
Sat-Sun: Appointment only
757-216-1745 | 1.888.FANTOM1

Aflyer

Last edited by Aflyer; 10-01-2016 at 12:49 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Aflyer:
itaylorm (10-01-2016), lpabsolute (10-01-2016)
Old 10-01-2016, 12:42 AM
Aflyer
Pro

Originally Posted by Bui
GEICO can't do anything I don't think... But perhaps if we start a Petition for op, we can get enough word out and "ruin their rep" enough for them to care....
If anyone reading this post has Geico insurance on any of their vehicles, or any insurance with Geico, I sure hope they will find another company and cancel their Geico policy immediately.

This is just unbelievable, my wife used to work in insurance claims, and said she can't believe what they have subjected you to. Of course that is based on policies that she knows, none of us know what Geico has in their fine print.
The following 2 users liked this post by Aflyer:
lpabsolute (10-01-2016), ssidekickbp (10-01-2016)
Old 10-01-2016, 12:44 AM
Foosh
Team Owner

Received 16,668 Likes on 8,311 Posts

Quite frankly, this is a Geico failure, not GM's issue. You paid for insurance to make your car whole after a relatively minor accident that was clearly someone else's fault, and it is not your fault that a repair shop damaged your car worse than what occurred in the accident. I dropped Geico like a hot rock years ago after a similar run-around when someone hit my parked car, but not nearly this bad.

Does Geico still have a policy of trying to steer you to their "approved body shops." Did you use one? If not, I suspect that's why they're leaving you hanging high and dry.

Dealerships are independent businesses, and GM has limited influence. However, it would be nice if they could make some threatening noises to those dealerships.

OP, I am really hurting for you. I think it's past time to find a really good attorney. It'll probably cost you some money up front, but not nearly as much as walking away from the car, and the long-term financial consequences you'll face if you do that.

If you win, and there are great odds that you will with the right attorney because you have a slam-dunk case, Geico will end up paying your attorney fees in addition to repair damages. Chances are with the right threatening noises from a smart attorney, they will cave before even going to trial. Given what's happened, it will probably be more cost-effective for them to total the car then face an adverse legal judgement, but it's up to you to apply some heavy legal pressure.

Last edited by Foosh; 10-01-2016 at 01:25 AM.
ssidekickbp (10-01-2016)
Old 10-01-2016, 01:20 AM
skipperC7
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

I think a good avenue to go would be to post this info on EVERY FORUM you can think of!! I'm a member on a gun forum for AR15's which has a massive following for every walk of life you can imagine, and some are very influential. You need to get the word out on the those dealers (it's time to name names) and Geico and flood the Internet forums with this info. It will spread like wildfire and will eventually ignite the right fire. The more minds involved and the more chatter the worse off it is for the offending parties in this matter.
lpabsolute (10-01-2016)
Old 10-01-2016, 01:54 AM
Nice Ride
Drifting

Received 155 Likes on 115 Posts

Wow, the actions of the first body shop are incomprehensible. They took the car apart and then decided they were not smart enough to repair the original damage plus the additional damage they caused. A comedy of errors that makes you want to scream. There is NOTHING you can do to change yesterday. You are responsible to keep up payments on your car while you seek resolution. At this point sounds like you have hit a wall. You don't seem to have leverage to get the body shops, ins. co. dealer or GM to move forward. I would contact an attorney and let him seek repair, settlement and resolution.
lpabsolute (10-01-2016)
Old 10-01-2016, 04:15 AM
Randy G.
Race Director

Received 552 Likes on 378 Posts

Not to disparage the OP. Just curious if anyone thinks that because the OP took charge of getting the repairs done where he wanted instead of letting Geico handle it that Geico has decided the owner of the car owns the problems?

We had a big fender bender with my wife's MBZ a couple of years ago and all we did was drop it off at one of the insurance company's approved repair facilities we were familiar with on the list from the insurance company (Farmers). The next time we heard from them was to tell us the car was done. When we picked it up we found out the cost doubled from the initial estimate because, among other things, the retractable roof had to be removed and then reinstalled by an MBZ dealer located a few miles from the repair facility at a cost of almost $4,000 for that alone.

There has to be something significant enough happening here for Geico to feel legally justified to drop the ball.

Last edited by Randy G.; 10-01-2016 at 04:19 AM.
Old 10-01-2016, 06:19 AM
JoeD-C8
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 205 Likes on 140 Posts
St. Jude Donor '18-‘19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

How about addressing the accident itself first?
http://www.californiacaraccidentrigh...-liability.htm

Sounds like the officer was wrong in not issuing some sort of infraction to the person that hit you. How far did you pursue this part?

I understand that you had your vette ruined but again did you pursue responsibility of the towing company to keep your car protected from the elements?

The way I read this the first auto body shop further damaged your frame in an attempt to repairing it. Then it turns into a hot potato that no one wants. Not sure how much liability your insurance company owns, each state is different regarding those laws.

Sounds like a total mess. Get a lawyer who can muddle through this mess. You need to let them deal with all the parties instead of you hopping from party to party trying to resolve this yourself. Didn't read through most responses so if I missed something, my apologies. Best of luck.

Last edited by JoeD-C8; 10-01-2016 at 06:20 AM.
Old 10-01-2016, 08:48 AM
Gonzo
Le Mans Master

Received 152 Likes on 117 Posts

I think a big part of the problem is he can't find a lawyer to take the case.......
lpabsolute (10-01-2016)
Old 10-01-2016, 08:54 AM
lpabsolute
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by itaylorm
Agreed, this is beyond wrong. What do they say about the cracked frame?

Taylor
$4991 is being added to the original $7K estimate to deal with repairing the frame "issue"
Old 10-01-2016, 08:56 AM
lpabsolute
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Cobraboy
Could you give us this guys name and contact info so we can let him know we are not impressed with his attitude toward his paying customers.
I'm currrently working on putting together a thread with all the contact info for everyone involved and it will be available Monday.
Old 10-01-2016, 09:01 AM
lpabsolute
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Aflyer
Lance,
This is probably a stupid question, but is Geico still paying for your rental car?

Aflyer

Geico told me they would only be responsible for $900 of rental fees. Which is around 30 days at $30 a day. It has been 2 months since accident so I guess I owe $900 for the second month. I'm getting out of the rental this week if I have to walk.
Old 10-01-2016, 09:06 AM
lpabsolute
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Foosh

Does Geico still have a policy of trying to steer you to their "approved body shops." Did you use one? If not, I suspect that's why they're leaving you hanging high and dry.

Geico gave me a list of their preferred body shops. None of them would fix the car. Geico said they called and not believing them, I called myself. When I took the car to the original shop they said it was fine to have them fix the car as they have had numerous cars fixed there. Once Geico called their shops and they turned down the repair they stopped looking and it became my issue to Geico.

Get notified of new replies

To Fellow Vette Owners & Members....Please Help Me!!!

Old 10-01-2016, 09:09 AM
itaylorm
Pro

I'm currrently working on putting together a thread with all the contact info for everyone involved and it will be available Monday.
be sure to include the links to the emails to the CEOs of Geico and GM in the thread so people can contact them as well

Taylor
lpabsolute (10-01-2016)
Old 10-01-2016, 09:11 AM
lpabsolute
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Foosh

Dealerships are independent businesses, and GM has limited influence. However, it would be nice if they could make some threatening noises to those dealerships.

OP, I am really hurting for you. I think it's past time to find a really good attorney. It'll probably cost you some money up front, but not nearly as much as walking away from the car, and the long-term financial consequences you'll face if you do that.

If you win, and there are great odds that you will with the right attorney because you have a slam-dunk case, Geico will end up paying your attorney fees in addition to repair damages. Chances are with the right threatening noises from a smart attorney, they will cave before even going to trial. Given what's happened, it will probably be more cost-effective for them to total the car then face an adverse legal judgement, but it's up to you to apply some heavy legal pressure.
All GM did was call the original body shop and called me back and said there was nothing they could do.

I've spoken to nearly 30 different lawyers and no one will take the case. They all say it can get tied up in court for 1 or 2 years and it will cost so much money and it's still a 50/50 chance of coming out on top. Actual words out of their mouth. Everyone just says "we think you have a great case, but unfortunately at this time we are just not able to help you"
Old 10-01-2016, 09:12 AM
Nice Ride
Drifting

Received 155 Likes on 115 Posts

Randy G I had the very same thought but passed on saying it as OP has been put through the ringer and I have no intent to disparage. You can not argue with the OP wanting to get his damaged car off the road and taking it to a near by body shop. Get permission to leave the car there but sign nothing and do not authorize any repair work until he talks with ins co. Most ins co's have identified body shops they work with/trust. OP is likely free to select the body shop of his choice but why not let the ins co handle it with their shop. Get car to a safe spot, call ins co report accident and let them take it from there lock stock and barrels.

Quick Reply: Fellow Vette Owners & Members....Please Help Me!!!