Sponsored by:

Major Announcement by Ken Fichtner – Protection Plans

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2016, 12:47 PM
DennyMenholtChev
Drifting

Received 250 Likes on 79 Posts
Default Major Announcement by Ken Fichtner – Protection Plans

The Fichtners are back! Protection Plan Sale to Celebrate!

I am pleased to announce that Dennis Fichtner has also joined the team at Denny Menholt Chevrolet!
Dennis handled Protection Plan sales for several years when I owned Fichtner Chevrolet in Laurel.
I was the original sponsoring dealer of the CorvetteForum and the first to offer Protection Plans, Corvettes, Parts and Accessories at a deep discount to Forum members.
A few years after assisting with the founding of the CorvetteForum, Dennis joined the team at Fichtner Chevrolet.
After I sold the dealership to Rimrock Chevrolet, the former employees left Fichtner Chevrolet.
I joined the team at Denny Menholt Chevrolet in Billings, MT. One of the largest Chevrolet dealerships in the Pacific Northwest.
Dennis is now a welcome member of the team.

In celebration of Dennis joining the team, my Protection Plan Sale has been extended!!

Now thru September 30, 2016.

Prices from GM on the Chevrolet,Buick, GMC, & Cadillac Plans (GMEPP) will be increasing soon.
We expected the increase today (9/1) but it looks like now prices will increase on 10/1.

Beat the price increase AND take advantage of our sale.
I am offering the plan at our discounted price LESS $250!!!
Sale ends on 9/30/16.

We are offering the lowest prices ever on the GMPP from Ally and the Protection Plans from GM(GMEPP).

We are offering the Protection Plans from GM on any make & model.
AND, the plan prices are just over dealer cost, AND we are taking an additional $250 off of our sale prices thru 9/30/16!
To qualify for the Protection Plan from GM:
  • You can reside in any state! The plan is available in every state.
  • Your vehicle must be a 2006 or newer model with less than 120,000 miles on the odometer!

We are also offering GMPP a product of Ally for every make and model.
    To qualify for the Ally plan:
  • You cannot be a resident of Alaska,Washington, Oregon, California, Idaho, Kentucky, Maryland, North Carolina, and Florida.
  • You must be within the original manufacturer’s bumper to bumper warranty for both time and miles.
  • You can extend your present GMPP if you have at least 1 month and 1000 miles of remaining coverage and if your vehicle is a 2008 or newer and with less than 75K miles.
I was the first to offer plans at a discounts and without sales tax.

Again, no sales tax and also no additional fee for accepting a credit card!

NOW THRU SEPTEMBER 30, 2016, I AM TAKING $250 OFF OF MY ALREADY DISCOUNTED PRICES FOR THE NEW Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, & Cadillac Protection Plans!

Again, thru the end of September, take $250 off of my discounted prices for the Chevrolet/Buick/GMC/Cadillac Protection Plans!

Here’s a YouTube video on the Chevrolet/Buick/GMC/Cadillac Protection Plan:

I am still in business and now Dennis Fichtner has joined our team! I’m confident that you know the names of Ken and Dennis Fichtner for their expertise in the CorvetteForum for many years.

We promise great service and the lowest prices.

Matching and beating other offers is our goal!

Email for a quote today!
dfichtner@dennymenholt.com

Make sure to include your VIN, current odometer reading and state of residence.

If you call the old phone number that Dennis and I used for years you will be told that we are no longer around. NOT TRUE!

You can reach Dennis in his office directly at 406-896-3082

Have a great day!
The following users liked this post:
Rebel Yell (09-01-2016)
Old 09-29-2016, 05:44 PM
Blue Demon
Le Mans Master

Location: And then it was said... "let there be blue Corvettes and yellow Camaros" Ft Worth Texas
Received 100 Likes on 77 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Thanks for the great pricing, I just now ordered the plan for my new Cruze from Dennis.

Last edited by Blue Demon; 09-29-2016 at 05:45 PM.
Old 09-29-2016, 07:23 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

I'm confused, Ken. Both of the following are quotes from your post:

You can reside in any state! The plan is available in every state.

You cannot be a resident of Alaska,Washington, Oregon, California, Idaho, Kentucky, Maryland, North Carolina, and Florida.

I live in Washington. Yay or nay? Thx.
Old 09-29-2016, 07:34 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by mpuzach
I'm confused, Ken. Both of the following are quotes from your post:

You can reside in any state! The plan is available in every state.

You cannot be a resident of Alaska,Washington, Oregon, California, Idaho, Kentucky, Maryland, North Carolina, and Florida.

I live in Washington. Yay or nay? Thx.
Hi Mike. He's saying you can reside in any state if you buy the newer GMEPP product.

But if you want the older GMPP product, he can't sell it to you if you live in those specified states.

So Washington is a "yay" for GMEPP, "nay" for GMPP.
Old 09-29-2016, 07:56 PM
Jbnick
Racer

Received 222 Likes on 113 Posts

I signed up with the GMEPP with Dennis several days ago. Very pleased with his service. A true Professional
Old 09-29-2016, 08:06 PM
DennyMenholtChev
Drifting

Received 250 Likes on 79 Posts

Thanks for your business!!

Ken and Dennis Fichtner
Old 09-29-2016, 08:19 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

Originally Posted by RicK T
Hi Mike. He's saying you can reside in any state if you buy the newer GMEPP product.

But if you want the older GMPP product, he can't sell it to you if you live in those specified states.

So Washington is a "yay" for GMEPP, "nay" for GMPP.
That makes sense. Thanks, Rick.
Old 09-30-2016, 08:21 AM
C7 Vert
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts

Great to hear the new announcement! I recently purchased from the same dealership, but the service was not up to yours. Welcome back!
Old 09-30-2016, 08:38 AM
Foosh
Team Owner

Received 16,668 Likes on 8,311 Posts

Wow . . . this has caused so much confusion due to the lack of folks reading carefully. On the other hand, it could easily be re-written to eliminate said confusion.

I cut the relevant section verbatim from the Fichtner announcement in the OP and edited it as below. All I did was add headings for GMEPP and GMPP, and add emphasis to certain words. Perhaps this makes it a little easier:

GMEPP

To qualify for the Protection Plan from GM (GMEPP):
You can reside in any state!
We can sell the plan in every state.
Your vehicle must be a 2006 or newer model with less than 120,000 miles on the odometer!

GMPP

For GMPP, you cannot be a resident of Alaska,Washington, Oregon, California, Idaho, Kentucky, Maryland, North Carolina, and Florida.
You must be within the original manufacturer’s bumper to bumper warranty for both time and miles.
You can extend your present GMPP if you have at least 1 month and 1000 miles of remaining coverage and if your vehicle is a 2008 or newer and with less than 75K miles.

Last edited by Foosh; 09-30-2016 at 08:42 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Vet Interested (04-25-2017)
Old 09-30-2016, 03:03 PM
halt00
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Ken@DennyMenholtChev
Thanks for your business!!

Ken and Dennis Fichtner
Ditto - just signed up a few days ago - great experience!
Old 09-30-2016, 03:42 PM
rbrumm
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

I signed up with the GMEPP with Dennis several days ago. Very pleased with his service. A true Professional
Old 09-30-2016, 05:38 PM
eboggs_jkvl
Moderator/Tech Contributor

Location: Jacksonville Florida BWO Dayton, Cincinnati, Bloomsbury NJ, Cincinnati
Received 3,821 Likes on 2,065 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

0/72/60,000 just signed sealed and delivered.

Elmer
Old 09-30-2016, 07:31 PM
jbeidl
NCM Life Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 33 Posts

I just did one with Dennis as well on 2017 GS coupe. This is the second one I got from Dennis, first one was for my 2007 Z51 coupe.

Pleasure doing business with him and very good prices.

John
Old 09-30-2016, 10:36 PM
JOEHAWK
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I just did the 0 84 75000. Great price and very smooth. Just as everyone said. 2016 ZO6 Z07
Old 10-01-2016, 06:17 PM
Live-Free-Or-Die
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Kudos to Dennis

Kudos to Dennis for the great service and spectacular pricing. Thanks for taking all my phone calls and providing answers to all my questions. For anyone considering a GMEPP, Dennis was 40% cheaper than my local Chevy dealer. Another plus for me was no 6.5% FL sales tax.
Old 10-02-2016, 07:31 PM
walker3
Le Mans Master

Received 137 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
Wow . . . this has caused so much confusion due to the lack of folks reading carefully. On the other hand, it could easily be re-written to eliminate said confusion.

I cut the relevant section verbatim from the Fichtner announcement in the OP and edited it as below. All I did was add headings for GMEPP and GMPP, and add emphasis to certain words. Perhaps this makes it a little easier:

GMEPP

To qualify for the Protection Plan from GM (GMEPP):
You can reside in any state!
We can sell the plan in every state.
Your vehicle must be a 2006 or newer model with less than 120,000 miles on the odometer!

GMPP

For GMPP, you cannot be a resident of Alaska,Washington, Oregon, California, Idaho, Kentucky, Maryland, North Carolina, and Florida.
You must be within the original manufacturer’s bumper to bumper warranty for both time and miles.
You can extend your present GMPP if you have at least 1 month and 1000 miles of remaining coverage and if your vehicle is a 2008 or newer and with less than 75K miles.
so which is the better?
Old 10-02-2016, 07:39 PM
Foosh
Team Owner

Received 16,668 Likes on 8,311 Posts

I'm not going to comment on that because there is no obvious answer.

You need to obtain copies of both plans and see what each covers. There are some differences. For example, GMEPP covers the MSRC shocks and GMPP does not. That was my decision point since I have MSRC. GMPP may be more generous in other areas.

Both cover the big-ticket items like the powertrain.

Get notified of new replies

To Major Announcement by Ken Fichtner – Protection Plans

Old 10-02-2016, 09:16 PM
walker3
Le Mans Master

Received 137 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
I'm not going to comment on that because there is no obvious answer.

You need to obtain copies of both plans and see what each covers. There are some differences. For example, GMEPP covers the MSRC shocks and GMPP does not. That was my decision point since I have MSRC. GMPP may be more generous in other areas.

Both cover the big-ticket items like the powertrain.
are both GM warranties? or is the GMEPP after market?
Old 10-03-2016, 07:46 AM
LT1 Z51
Corvette Enthusiast
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 922 Likes on 614 Posts

Originally Posted by walker3
are both GM warranties? or is the GMEPP after market?
Both are "technically" aftermarket.

GMEPP is underwritten by GM Financial, GM's new captive finance arm (aka wholly owned financing subsidiary).

GMPP is underwritten by Ally (aka GMAC) which is GM's historic captive finance arm, but now an INDEPENDENT company.

Technically NIETHER are warranties, rather they are insurance policies on your car for parts.
Old 10-04-2016, 09:59 AM
pkincy
Safety Car

Received 645 Likes on 485 Posts

Originally Posted by LT1 Z51
Both are "technically" aftermarket.

GMEPP is underwritten by GM Financial, GM's new captive finance arm (aka wholly owned financing subsidiary).

GMPP is underwritten by Ally (aka GMAC) which is GM's historic captive finance arm, but now an INDEPENDENT company.

Technically NIETHER are warranties, rather they are insurance policies on your car for parts.
I would question that last sentence. If GMEPP is an insurance policy Ken would not be able to sell it in the states that require an insurance license to sell insurance policies. That is why there are 8-9 states that Ken (and others) can't sell a 3rd party (insured) warranty without getting a license in that state or a license in his state of residence and then getting a non res license in the states requiring licenses and where his clients would reside. Ally is the old GM financing arm and based on the sale agreement, GM agreed to keep honoring their warranties. But they now are insurance policies and not company warranties. My guess is that GMEPP is now considered the "in-house" warranty for GM as opposed to a 3rd party insurer.

But I am sure Ken can help us out here. I also would love to know his considered opinion on the differences.

By the way, Ally Bank offers 1% on money market accounts. Not shabby in these days of 0.10% MMs.

Last edited by pkincy; 10-04-2016 at 10:00 AM.

Quick Reply: Major Announcement by Ken Fichtner – Protection Plans