Sponsored by:

Temporarily stop Bluetooth from connecting

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2016, 02:15 PM
defaria
Safety Car

Received 1,203 Likes on 732 Posts

Default Temporarily stop Bluetooth from connecting

I admire how my vette connects so quickly and pretty much reliably to my cell phone (Galaxy S7) via Bluetooth. However I usually use Android Auto now, which sends the media through the USB connection and is, consequently a lot louder and clearer. But there are times when I'm just running to the store and I approach my car with my some media playing in my Bluetooth headset. I want to go to the store and return and just use my Bluetooth headset. I don't want to connect up Android Auto since the trip is really short, nor do I wish to listen to my media through the car speakers at this time and have to switch to the speakers then re-switch to the headset when I leave the car for the store. Is there any way to simply tell the car "not this time" to a Bluetooth connection request?
Old 09-28-2016, 03:14 PM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

Not that I am aware of. You have to un-pair the phone. Bluetooth is sometimes nuisance.
Old 09-28-2016, 05:00 PM
defaria
Safety Car

I know. I can also do things like open up the Bluetooth config and disconnect the media from the car and connect to the headset - it's just a bother...
Old 09-29-2016, 11:16 PM
Dif
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 716 Likes on 436 Posts

On my 2016 in the DIC when I start the engine, a message pops up for a short time indicating Bluetooth connection is activating to my Samsung S4.
That message is also asking if I want to skip it and not let it connect.

I presume if you hit Select on the steering wheel, Blue tooth will not connect your phone.
Hope this helps
Old 09-30-2016, 10:47 AM
defaria
Safety Car

That doesn't happen for me. I get a message in the DIC that the bluetooth connected already. Are you sure you're getting that it's connecting or that it has already connected. I've never seen the former, always the later, with a sound even.
Old 09-30-2016, 12:00 PM
Dif
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by defaria
That doesn't happen for me. I get a message in the DIC that the bluetooth connected already. Are you sure you're getting that it's connecting or that it has already connected. I've never seen the former, always the later, with a sound even.
My mistake, I just tried it and it doesn't disconnect as I thought would
I get the word Dismiss at the bottom, in the picture, and thought it would disconnect Bluetooth by pressing Select on the steering wheel.
Pressing select only gets rid of the whole message sooner
Attached Images  
Old 09-30-2016, 03:36 PM
defaria
Safety Car

Yes there are many messages in the DIC that have a Dimiss button to dismiss the "dialog box". Don't know why you thought that meant disconnect.

Make me wonder, for those of you with lovely wives who ride along, if you both have a phone that was paired with the car, which one wins? Which one gets automatically connected when you both get in the car?
Old 10-01-2016, 01:03 AM
Dif
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Yes there are many messages in the DIC that have a Dimiss button to dismiss the "dialog box". Don't know why you thought that meant disconnect.

Make me wonder, for those of you with lovely wives who ride along, if you both have a phone that was paired with the car, which one wins? Which one gets automatically connected when you both get in the car?
As I mentioned, I figured the Dismiss button was there to Dismiss the connection.
Why have a Dismiss button for a message that's gone in 3 seconds

Anyway, I found a work around so the Phone will not connect when accessory mode is activated.
I didn't start the engine and doubt it matters.

First off though, I don't listen to music through my phone in the car via Bluetooth because as you mentioned, the sound is not great.
I listen to songs on USB thumb drive.
Also never listened to music on my phone with a Bluetooth head set in the car.

But tried it tonight with the phone connected via Bluetooth to my head set, got in the car, activated accessory mode, and my phone did Not connect via Bluetooth to the car

It's apparently like 2 phones paired to the car and it only connects to one at a time.
In this case the phone is already in use via Bluetooth headset and cannot connect to the car.

Not sure why yours would not work the same.
So I tried a few things to find a work around:
I put the Media input to AUX with nothing plugged into that option, and exited the car.
Connected my Bluetooth head set to my phone to listen to music.
Entered the car and activated accessory mode and the phone never connected.
Then as a test, still listening to music via head set, toggled through the Media sources on center screen and only USB and AUX showed up, no Bluetooth Device option was present.
Still in the car, I shutoff my Bluetooth head set connection to the phone.
The phone still did not connect via Bluetooth to the car, until I toggled away from AUX and USB through the Media input options.
Then the Bluetooth Device option showed on the screen and the phone connected.

One last thing.
I set the Media input to Bluetooth Device and listened to music off my phone through the speakers.
I left it in that input option, exited the car, connected my head set via Bluetooth to my phone and listened to music.
When I entered the car and activated accessory mode, the phone did Not connect via Bluetooth to the car and the music from the phone still played through my head set.
When I toggled through the Media option, this came up on the screen in place of the Bluetooth Device option for Media input.

Hope this info helps
Attached Images  

Last edited by Dif; 10-01-2016 at 01:07 AM.
Old 10-01-2016, 05:02 AM
3.0CS
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The one that´s on top of the car´s list of paired devices!

Get notified of new replies

To Temporarily stop Bluetooth from connecting

Quick Reply: Temporarily stop Bluetooth from connecting