Complaining about Chevy Dealers

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2016, 11:22 AM
obxchartercaptain
Safety Car

Received 308 Likes on 198 Posts
FL Events Coordinator

Default Complaining about Chevy Dealers

My car needed 3 software updates.....My local Chevy dealers were swamped with the recalls and appointments were 1 to 2 weeks down the road.....Just for the heck of it I called a local Buick/GMC dealer and asked if they could do it.....the answer was YES....I brought my Vert to the dealership....Everyone, in the Service drive...Customers and Workers STOPPED what they were doing came over and were WOWED by my car....They took me right in ....the head mechanic did the hook up...He was METICULOUS in putting towels down on my sil and seat. Invited me back to watch him do it....30 mins later all done.

All I can say if any of you have had it with your local Chevy dealers try another GM dealer for the software updates....BUICK OR CADILLAC...BTW I looked at his computer and the screen was for our CORVETTE updates.

For me it was for the PDR update....Remote start for the heated/cooled seats and the Air bags.....
The following 5 users liked this post by obxchartercaptain:
Apocolips (10-12-2016), Foosh (10-12-2016), Len44 (10-12-2016), tractman (10-12-2016), USCG (10-12-2016)
Old 10-12-2016, 11:31 AM
1KULC7
Le Mans Master

Received 313 Likes on 136 Posts

This is one reason my Daily Driver is a Buick. I have a 2015 Encore, with 63,555 miles on it, that is right, and have not had a single problem with the Buick, not one. I take it for oil, rotation of tires and check up, I have FULL extended warranty for 100K miles, and they take me in, do the job, and I get the car back fully washed, vacuumed and clean. Love the Buicks, next one will be the ENVISION><
Old 10-12-2016, 11:34 AM
Foosh
Team Owner

Received 16,668 Likes on 8,311 Posts

OBX, Good idea! We had very good service experiences with the local Cadillac dealer w/ our ATS.
Old 10-12-2016, 02:16 PM
defaria
Safety Car

Received 1,203 Likes on 732 Posts

Even works between two different Chevy dealers. I wrote a while back about my experience between Broadway Chevy and Momentum Chevy. Broadway was great for the order as they have lots of allotments, but crappy for service.
Old 10-12-2016, 02:20 PM
Eff A Ford
Burning Brakes

Received 178 Likes on 138 Posts

You can tell when a service employee is just there for a check and who really cares about thier job.
Old 10-12-2016, 03:01 PM
z28lt1
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,974 Likes on 1,032 Posts

Just as a note, GM has changed their policies several times over the years on doing other GM brand's warranty work. The most recent policy I saw (not sure if it is actually the most recent) is that they can do cross-line warranty work if the customer is significantly inconvenienced otherwise.

You'll get different dealerships interpreting that differently, so one dealership may say "if you need to wait 2 weeks at the local Chevy shop that is not convenient for you, so bring it by" while another may say they won't work on it in that type of case. Don't get upset at your Buick or Caddy dealer if they refuse to take you.

Last edited by z28lt1; 10-12-2016 at 03:01 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Glen e (10-12-2016)
Old 10-12-2016, 03:13 PM
defaria
Safety Car

Received 1,203 Likes on 732 Posts

Originally Posted by Eff A Ford
You can tell when a service employee is just there for a check and who really cares about thier job.
If you can tell then so can his boss and his boss should show him the door!
The following users liked this post:
Eff A Ford (10-12-2016)
Old 10-12-2016, 03:15 PM
obxchartercaptain
Safety Car

Received 308 Likes on 198 Posts
FL Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by z28lt1
Just as a note, GM has changed their policies several times over the years on doing other GM brand's warranty work. The most recent policy I saw (not sure if it is actually the most recent) is that they can do cross-line warranty work if the customer is significantly inconvenienced otherwise.

You'll get different dealerships interpreting that differently, so one dealership may say "if you need to wait 2 weeks at the local Chevy shop that is not convenient for you, so bring it by" while another may say they won't work on it in that type of case. Don't get upset at your Buick or Caddy dealer if they refuse to take you.
In my case it was a Buick/GMC dealership in Port Richey, FL....They told me GM PAYS them to do the recalls...makes NO difference on what GM car especially one with computer upgrades....they just go online and download what the TSB/Recall or whatever GM recommends for that particular car.

Get notified of new replies

To Complaining about Chevy Dealers

Quick Reply: Complaining about Chevy Dealers